Guest Lofty

Lofty's Mark II Wannabe Shitbox NSFW

Lofty, I use a medium welding tip, get a nice sharp blue flame, and the shit just pops off the surface, about as fast as you can move the flame across the surface.

What little is left comes off easily with abrasive blasting, or power wire brush.

https://streamable.com/sg7sf

Starting to get this thing running a little better. Still sucks dick. Sounds like its pulling timing. I'm gonna have to fuck with eman probably.
5eDfh8A.jpg

s7rJoN0.jpg
nedxcOd.jpg

I made this downpipe. Welds are PERFECT. Lmao.

Ji9Bosb.jpg?1

Anyone have a part number of o2 sensor that fits this? I bought an SC300 one and the plug doesnt match.

Did you learn how to lay down beads from Hondatech?

Nice job getting it running and chasing down the wiring gremlins. When I take things apart I always tell myself that I should label everything and write down what I disassembled so I don't forget. I talk myself out of doing that because, "Oh, it won't be that long until I put it back together, I'll remember by then." The project always takes longer than expected and yes, I do forget by then..

Did you learn how to lay down beads from Hondatech?

Lmao, you're really not supposed to weld stainless with the wire I did.

Also you shouldnt mix stainless and mild steel.

Grinder and some fgt heatwrap and we should be good to go :D

I really hate wiring shit. I realllly hate it.

When it breaks, grind all they shit off, put a couple of tacks on it, and take it so someone with a TiG.

I've worked with guys that thought they could weld, and there MiG attempts looks just like that.

The welds always broke, and I would have to go back and fix the shit.

Never seen a turbo oil line pass over the top of the cam covers before.

Are you trying to get show points for having the most braided line exposed ?

I really hate wiring shit. I realllly hate it.

If you go the route of buying the other plug you should just be able to depin yours and repin the new plug. Unless you were gonna keep your plug and try a different 02

^^Agreed with WhoreMouth. Just compare the pinouts between the two plugs and swap em over. Hopefully your contacts are correct. Toyota likes to make the seat for the plastic connector tab longer or shorter between chassis at random it seems like.

Example:

090-HM-MT-sumitomo-sealed-female-termina

vs

ts090-female-terminal.JPG

I buy all my Toyota style pins from cycleterminal. It's geared towards Japanese motorcycle wiring, but it's all the legit brands like Sumitomo and Yazaki.

send me the downpipe and I will make you a nice one in the same geometry if you want a nicer part.

don't blame the user on the welding rod type. you can weld stainless with er70s2 no problem if you know how to weld, and you can do mild with 308. its not correct, but it shouldn't look any different.

Schlam, you may just be of some merit after all.

your car 89-90 or 91-92?

regardless: looks like the plug for your butthole. try that.

that looks a lot like one of the plugs my '89 isnt using atm w the stock radio still hooked up and working

Look through the EWD you clown. Yeah, it's probably the radio. If it has a stripe of yellow tape 6 or so inches from the back of the plug, it's definitely for the radio.