Sign in to follow this  
axis888x

what happened to my order?!

eh, im really not in much of a hurry, and i know when they're here they will be fly as hell. at least they will get here sometime :P

but yeah, he needs to hire a sexy secretary or something. if he had any competition at all he would be out of luck, not for lack of quality (from what i've heard) but just customer support.

my s9 coilovers didn't go low at all. with aero there was still 4 inches between kit and ground. on smallish tires....225/40zr18 on 10.5jj.

max low, no spring sag. i'm not fucking sagging the springs. quality was great, would not wait 3 months for them.

At chubby: there's no need, pretty sure two other companies make x7 coils and fortune probably would if swim gave em the ol' fondle-roo. All of them make x8 shit, and this isn't counting shit you can get on yjp which even after a trip across the fucking ocean would show up in 3 months. Cusco, tein, jic off the top of my head.

meanwhile my $750 megans that shipped in 4 days are still perfect after 3 years and many miles.

I appreciate what Gerard has done for the cressida as a platform and all the blood sweat and tears he's shed for his dream, I appreciate the effort it takes to run a small business on your own while trying to pay the bills working a full time job at the same time. I know the shit and headaches you go through trying to get machine shops to produce anything on time, let alone a small job/side job/back burner favor for a buddy.

I also think there is a time when you have no real option but to re-evaluate your priorities, maybe go on hiatus to re-jig some things, maybe shut down things that aren't working or make some changes to make them work, or make the tough decision to close a business. I had high hopes for SerialNine, from the first time I saw G's X7 on the internets or saw him slide his X8 at cell block D when I was in BC in 2008. It really seems like more than anything SerialNine as a brand is a beautiful idealistic dream and the only thing that will really survive is the crew and their cars.

I wish this weren't true, but I really have a hard time believing that after this long things will really change in a meaningful way.

meanwhile my $750 megans that shipped in 4 days are still perfect after 3 years and many miles.

cool, your megan coilovers shipped fast, and haven't gotten worse. thats not saying much, considering how shitty the dampers are to start with.

there are other options, but the stance/s9's were supposed to go stupid low, and the bc's don't, the megan's don't, the jic's won't. the cool thing about s9 back in the day is that it was a for us by us type deal. gerard knew we wanted our cars slammed, tight, and with big aero. he delivered. nobody else did. that was awesome. what isn't awesome is the fuckloads of unhappy customers, and undelivered product, nearly impossible to get ahold of for 11 months out of the year. i've had decent responses from gerard when i had questions about ameens car. i really think he's an awesome guy that fucked up. that let us all down. i think we all put him on a pedestal, and put the pressure him. im sure he's lost sleep over it, im sure he feels shitty. it's not fair for us, and me, to criticize so harshly, just like it isn't fair for him to let us down. its all shitty. i hope we all figure it out. the hardcore cressida scene is too small on this continent for us to be split like the american political system. that just won't fucking work.

Meanwhile on my white car, 3yr old megans return a plush ride thanks to the dampening and are still in awesome shape especially after all of my torturous driving and extreme load Carrying. This isnt DriftXProject, not everyone wants to scrape their chassis and throwem away after we wrapem around trees.

Some of us actually care for our cars ya know.

Yeah I don't fucking drift, the Megan's are perfect for the money.

If I want my car on laying frame I'll just cut the strut tubes down like S9 coils...

cool, your megan coilovers shipped fast, and haven't gotten worse. thats not saying much, considering how shitty the dampers are to start with.

That's why they're only $750 you genius.

brian, i know. im just saying, some people are after betterthanmegan coilovers, and your megan's don't really compare to the s9 stuff.

A: they showed up

B:they're a bit soft for the chassis

C:they don't go mega ultra zomg slammed.

MO, shut up faggot, next time you visit im shoving my dick down your throat. you know i loved that car... :(

at chubby: I guess your faggot ass was being sarcastic. I assumed you had no knowledge of the other shit since you're obviously retarded and bought that ct26 kit for your x90 for a price that you coulda pieced together a decent single kit for. Dumb ass.

Hey, roy rogers, do bc's go low? Not that I give a fuck because personally I think form over function is like 99.398479384587364857683476583648563485683476583465384920987-250987320487659346583629874% gay, but just a question. Not picking on you as you actually use your car in a proper manner, meanwhile enjoy being as low as possible.

Austin, all coilovers for the x8 are capable of going low. the question is always in how much strut tubing was left. a lot of people think that its safer to leave more strut tubing (its not) and thus how low they go is limited. the way my fronts (and roys) are setup, i could pretty much lay frame on factory tires.....

well fuck. thanks for poking holes all up in my logic. carry on faggots!

Guest Lofty

So.... Megans then, not bad from what I'm reading?

Look, I'm looking into ordering coilovers, I can drift my shit on single tire fire with a 7m, I just want shit I order to get here swiftly for my 2j build now.

Stephen, are you referring to cutting the strut tubing lower to attain more herrfrushness? That's what I think you are getting at.

How many of you have no problems with megans?

megan's still have shit valving. bc's are a smidge better, 999$ shipped to your door. thats what kyle, androy run. i've run them on previous cars, they're on par with my apex, but not as good as my kei office, way fucking better than my hks.

if you want to track your car, megans are baaad. the springrates and the valving just aren't there. they're decent for daily driving and just enjoying the car, but overall 14/10 BCs will work out better if you want to track the car.

Guest mc73

Was definitely about to place a big order here... Will hold off a few days and see how this plays out. Fingers crossed!

Frenkienstien here, x8 BCs up front x7 megans out back, I dig it, but then again my opinion is void because I drive an x7

Lawl

Guest Tbone

I have megan street garbage coil overs.

Should have spent the money on the s9/stance shit because I know they are probably stiffer.BC didn't exist back when I jumped the cress bandwagon.Megan are 2 soft,but are pretty nice for just daily driving. Three years no problems,they cost fuck all.

I remember when there was fuck all for options when it came to the cressida platform.Be thankful you have options.Gerard/s9 crew pioneered a lot of cool shit for the x chassis.Dealing locally with s9 I have never had a an issue.I truly hope your issues get resolved.Some times you roll the dice and get fucked.Shit happens http://youtu.be/KV0FJHSYbvw

You do know you could change your spring rates, right?

Sign in to follow this