Sign in to follow this  
Demesio

check engine light

anyone have any idea what it means when you get a check engine light on, and it doesnt flash any actual codes? it just flashes non-stop, no pauses or anything... i've done this before several times, usually its an igniter code.. this time is completely different

Guest OrlandoGTE11211

I always thought when it flashed that was a indication of misfires. I mean in your case it is most likely something else,because I'm pretty sure it only flashes when the misfire occurs. Like my friend had a 06 GTO and his Bank 2 Cat was clogged so when he got up to 4,500 RPM while getting on it he would get the flashing light to show misfire also has a light for cat failure.

i havent lost any power what so ever.. and after the last week that it has been on, it suddenly went away this morning..

Your ecu is dying. That's what it means. It happens to all the Toyota ecus related to our swaps and cars. Capacitors get old and leak, harsh climate conditions like heat can help speed up the process. I fixed three ecus early summer here after about a month of 100 degree weather.

Orlando: these aren't fucking Chevys. Learn about what the fuck is going on here before you open your cock holster

Ahhh well that is great! The nice cool weather out here has been pushing 100 for a month or a bit more... I guess this is the kick in the ass I've been needing to finish my gte harness

my engine light also comes on and stays on. i just tell people it's my "engine on" light.

I'm pretty sure he meant that the cel came on and flashes steady when checking it which indicates no codes stored

Sign in to follow this