Sign in to follow this  
Guest OrlandoGTE11211

Another Map Sensor Related Issue

Guest OrlandoGTE11211

So today I was driving to my friends shop so he could help me figure out whats been going on with my IAC and my clutch began to slip so I pulled over and let me car cool down for about 30 minutes before I began driving again.Then I started my car and it killed itself as if the map sensor was unplugged. So I popped my hood and took a look all the wires seem to be together, now I have other map sensors from a camry and corolla tried both and I'm getting the same result. The car was running excellent before I decided to pull over and let my clutch cool off. I am currently trying to figure out the problem just had it towed home in the heat...About a week ago actually I was fixing my hood latch issue and while I was figuring out a way to fabricate something I looked at the back of the intake manifold to find the map/turbo pressure sensor hanging,I pulled it foward to exam wires,sensor and vacumm line.I went to start the car and it ran like absolute shit,idles rough and the AFR was in the 10s while I held it reved at a thousand RPMs because it would die at idle..I said to myself what the fuck did I do? I left the sensor pulled foward and I returned it to it's location dangling behind the intake manifold. I started the car and it ran golden again. Now today it's running the same it did when I pulled the sensor foward and it's been in the same location for a while now... I am stumped now.

For one, camry pressure sensors and such don't work. Second, I'd do continuity tests between the map sensor plug and it's corresponding shit at the ecu. Pm, e2, and whatever the other one is that I can't remember off the top of my head while I'm squeezing out this shit. I would go through the wiring, and I'd also replace the clutch before driving it more. I wanna say slipping causes excessive heat which can be bad for your flywheel.

Papa johns always gives me the shits, and this go around I remembered. It's vc. So e2, pm, and vc

Guest OrlandoGTE11211

Papa Johns is nasty shit, you actually like that? you need to get some jersey pizza or new york pizza.Yeah It has came to my attention today while I was at working thinking about the car all day long,that I don't think it's the sensor. I think it's wires going to the connecter. I have my brown which is ground.I got one wire which is yellow/red and one more.. I put a paper clip into I believe the yellow/red and didn't get 5v reading while the key was in the on position,but I need to retest it with the multimeter,cause only one of those wires gets a 5v reading right? ground and other is 0v if I'm correct but this harness has been tampered with before because I know yellow/red isn't the orginal color.I know one wire is 5v reference,one is signal and other is ground,I need to get a vaccum pump.so I can just be absolutely sure the sensor drop 1v every 5 psi,or however much it drops.

Guest OrlandoGTE11211

And about my clutch,I had planned to get it replaced next week,but now I have to figure out whats going on with the car before I can even do that.I am so determined to make this car run in mint condition.So e2, pm, and vc..what exactly do those 3 things stand for,I am a novice in the electrical category.

It doesn't matter what they stand for, check for continuity to those pins at the ecu, and physically look at the connector for damage. The connector can be found in the junkyard on the firewall of the cars you got the non turbo map sensors from. The brown one is e2, which will have continuity to e2 in other places like the iat, ect (2 wire coolant sensor) and the tps. Disregard color when working on shit like this though. Continuity testing is your friend

Ps, this is the third shit. My gf likes it, I like food that's free.

Guest OrlandoGTE11211

Oh well you didn't say it was free.Lmao,I like Pizza hut,especially the bread sticks. Shit I'd pratically eat any type of food thats free.

Guest OrlandoGTE11211

By the way,I looked closer at the connector and followed the wires back to the harness and found then stuck to together by melted tape,I pulled the tape off,and pulled the wires apart. And put the map sensor back in it's spot,cars running fine now.. Any ideas on what might have been going on there? Because I sure as hell don't.

You not understanding that something was shorting out directly correlates with you liking pizza hut. That shit is for low lives. I call it poverty pizza. I worked there for two years and some change. Heat shrink or tape up the offending spots you pulled apart, keep separate, and fix your clutch.

Pizza slut, seriously? You need a role model.

Guest OrlandoGTE11211

Bro we were talking about franchise/corporations,if you wanted real pizza I'd send you to Brooklyn and get you some L&B's,if your ever in Jersey hit me up I'll bring you to a real pizzeria. Lol. I am not even a fat kid but I know good pizza. I just love pizza huts bread sticks,there pizza is like over filling and just doesn't always sit right in my stomach.Maybe I do need a role model. Lmao.

Papa John's is the best pizza available in India. The pizza hut there sucks. Fuck this thread.

Guest OrlandoGTE11211

You need to go to NY/NJ man, if you been satisfied off of Papa Johns you are truly missing out.. You've been basically living in a closet your whole life when it comes to food...

This thread does suck. Let's turn it into the pizza thread! Dominos is pretty decent for mainstream shit.

Guest OrlandoGTE11211

Dominos is even worst then papa johns lol, my girlfriends bestfriend works at dominos and I can't tell you how many times she slept over after she got off work and brang us pizza. It was terrible..I am about to mail you guys some L&B's,or maybe even some local pizza. Lol.

Sign in to follow this