Sign in to follow this  
Guest OrlandoGTE11211

Clutch Opinions

Guest OrlandoGTE11211

I am currently in the market to buy a clutch kit for my r154 and seeing how I am new to the 1j/r154 combo I'd like to ask what everyone thinks are the best brand names. I have done a fair share of research and most people are saying the ACT 6 Puck is good, but I currently have one that is slipping and needs to be replaced. I would like to get a clutch that retains stock feeling on the foot but can also handle power, the ACT 6 Puck has a lot of chatter and its engagement is a bit harsh...I mean I have only driven one other car with a aftermarket clutch and a light weight flywheel so I guess you could say I am a amateur.I'd really like to hear everyone's opinions,thanks.

i have a great suggestion... you should use...

THE DAMN SEARCH BAR! there is already a thread like this somewhere... lazy dumbass

Guest OrlandoGTE11211

That's funny that you said that..because I actually did type Clutch in the search bar,and I couldn't find a topic,hence why I started one. But never mind it's cool I'll just figure it out for myself.

took me 5 seconds to find this with the search bar:

http://jzxproject.co...=7914&hl=clutch

Which leads to:

http://jzxproject.co...?showtopic=7517

http://jzxproject.co...?showtopic=5158

http://jzxproject.co...?showtopic=3843

man next time you need to take a piss, make a thread and we will come shake your dick for you :thumbsup:

Jokes my friend boring day at work

Guest OrlandoGTE11211

Thank You.Most results I found through the search bar were of you guys flaming people so I was kind of lost..

I have an ACT extreme. Bought it brand new. What;s this chatter you speak of? I am willing to sell it however, because I'm moving on up to ORC because I'm tired of seeing it by my dresser when I wake up. That and it looks like it'll be super awesome. Because we should all rate clutches by their looks.

I have a bully stage 4. I've said so and talked about it in at least three other threads. Smarten the fuck up, learn to use internet search functions, stop being lazy, and cut the lip if you like it around here, otherwise GTFO.

^Bully's are okay, I talk to Pat a lot.

I would recommend an OS Giken TR2CD. Will do exactly everything you want it to do, and will drive like a stock clutch.

Guest OrlandoGTE11211

I have a bully stage 4. I've said so and talked about it in at least three other threads. Smarten the fuck up, learn to use internet search functions, stop being lazy, and cut the lip if you like it around here, otherwise GTFO.

Stage 4 seems a little extreme and that's a 6 puck right? and I'm sorry that I couldn't find the topics, and my bad about the lip I want to stay.

^Bully's are okay, I talk to Pat a lot.

I would recommend an OS Giken TR2CD. Will do exactly everything you want it to do, and will drive like a stock clutch.

I am going to find a dealer in my area so I can get pricing,I know the twin plates are generally suppose to be very expensive or am I wrong? I had my eyes on the ACT Street Disk Clutch off DM. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with that? Cause I didn't see anything about it in the three topics,mostly saw you guys speaking about Bully,F1,and few other brands.

Guest OrlandoGTE11211

I have an ACT extreme. Bought it brand new. What;s this chatter you speak of? I am willing to sell it however, because I'm moving on up to ORC because I'm tired of seeing it by my dresser when I wake up. That and it looks like it'll be super awesome. Because we should all rate clutches by their looks.

Lol,.I don't know about rating a clutch on how it looks but you mean to tell me you bought a clutch and just kept it on your dresser?

Southbend Kevlar

Also I just checked a price on southbend kevlar,very good prices. I mean I've never heard of them before so I'd have to take your word for it.

I had a good clutch in every one of my cars and traded a steel plate w58 w/7m bell and $200 for an r154 w/jz bell and an orc 409 single. Gave the r154 to my IS wagon with an oem clutch because I delivered pizza in it and the orc sat. Now that things are apart, I'm gonna try the orc.

$450 shipped for my act clutch. Sprung 6 puck. Good for 500/500 to the wheels alllllll day!

Stage 4 seems a little extreme and that's a 6 puck right? and I'm sorry that I couldn't find the topics, and my bad about the lip I want to stay.

I am going to find a dealer in my area so I can get pricing,I know the twin plates are generally suppose to be very expensive or am I wrong? I had my eyes on the ACT Street Disk Clutch off DM. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with that? Cause I didn't see anything about it in the three topics,mostly saw you guys speaking about Bully,F1,and few other brands.

Twin plates are usually more money, but you get what you pay for. F1 is junk.

Let me know if you need the hook up on a Bully or OS Giken.

Guest OrlandoGTE11211

I may go with Bully or OS Giken because those seem to be the most talked about brands on the forums. Just need to call up and getting pricing, the most power I'm trying to make is 400 to the wheels,nothing more, nothing less. So a 6 Puck is kind of not needed. That's why I am trying to go with Stage 1 or 2.

Guest THUG

I have ORC. Feels like stock to me. But i probably wouldn't go out and buy this clutch (Cause the price). Im fucking stoked i have it.

Guest Lofty

My southbend kevlar clutch kicks so many dicks. I use them on all my cars. After a year of constant abuse it still does not slip. I'm on N/A but still. I kick the clutch without a worry in my mind.

I have the same one on my turbo shitbox too.

Guest OrlandoGTE11211

How much did you spend on the clutch kit through southbend? Also I'm going to go find ORC's site and read up.

Sign in to follow this