Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lofty

Rookie swap questions that will get me flamed

Guest Lofty

So I've searched and got the gist of all of this, however some things remain unknown.

Im putting a 2jzge into my x8 and have a few questions.

Is it recommended to swap fuel pumps? What pump do they even use in Cressidas, is it a Bosch unit? What do they flow? Few more questions are really just where and what parts to go get.

Mounts=excessive

Solid driveshaft?

2j to w58 bell=driftmotion?

Harness=does mark still do this for people? (Aphxhero where you at?)

Swap itself seems simple, but I don't know a dick about 2jzs, so that's the only issue.

Do we need a front sump or rear?(I know I can find this, but can remember might as well get this answered too) Also what is the difference between s1 and s2 crossmembers?

Thanks ahead of time. Inb4ban Im picking up the motor this week or next week.

--Scott

Guest Lofty

Also I heard you can use 7m electronics on the non vvti 2js. Any verification to this?

What region o the engine is the sump on your 7m?

mo's going to be the one that gets violent. he likes going in dry on lofty.

Guest Lofty

Alas no pillows to be found.

I guess I'm gonna figure this out when I get it.

Thanks!

front sump stock fuel pump xm mounts for proper year of your car and no 7m electronics wont work

kyle will do your harness and w58 jz bell is what you need

Guest Lofty

Wisconsin -___- I frequent snohomish alot but my car would never be with me. Kickass offer though, your plane ticket is worth more than my car.

Guest swim

7mgte ECU, entire harness, and all sensors will run a 2jzge non-vvti if you put a turbo on and tune it with a piggyback, it'd probably suck dick N/A.

edit: but it's not exactly just put it in and it works, you'll have to extend wires, remove other wires, mod the CPS, change the dash plugs to get it to plug into your cressida harness, do the fix for putting a manual trans harness and ECU into an auto car, and probably some other shit I'm forgetting

Guest Lofty

Might as well just contract Mark or Kyle then. I'm good at wiring and good with wiring but It's not something I really care to dick around with. COOL! Thank you!

Cars already manual with a W58 that is seemingly indestructible.

It is still my daily and I can get ahold of 2jzges with harness, ignitor, ecu, 2 spare transes for 700$ (Auto trans)

Realistically it's easier for me to go N/A to T than just buy a 2jzgte right away. The turbo swap will not be an issue for me at all neither will the piggyback stuff. The intial harness is just the problem. I rode in a 2jzge MK3 that was a gutted drift slut and the car was about right for the power levels I initially need, he kills the competition around here. (Friendly competition, we rent out a track, no I'm not a PRO FORMULA D KAWAIIII)

I didn't believe the w58 and the 2jzge made decent enough power to do anything one would one on the track and not need to worry about turbo related issues right away.

Also it's been my daily for 2 years...Lol!

my rebuilt 2jzge cost me about 900 bucks.. but i did all the work, it delivers a decent amount of power with an expensive clutch, but if you have any turbo thoughts.. keep saving your money.... NA-T is not easy

i've had mine for a little over one year makes for a great daily with around 25mpg hwy

and for the w58... an aluminum mid plate wont last you very long

Guest Lofty

Clutch wont be an issue, the other platform I'm with gives me some nice deals on southbend kevlar clutches, which has been so abused on this car it's not even funny. It will hold turbo shit no problem.

Why do you say turboing a 2jzge is an issue? I cant see it being any harder than turboing any other engine that has turbo'd variants.

7mge electronics should work decent. But it's archaic shit. I'd guess you'd probably just have to repin a couple things/change a few clips. I've had a 1jzge ecu That I was gonna make a jumper harness for when the sc was stock. I figured a little more timing and a little more rev limit might be fun in it. But a $1200 1j/r154 gift horse punched me in the face.

If you plan to boost the n/a 2j, it's just a matter of how you want to go about doing it. Since sc/gs harnesses are available at the yards often, I'd suggest getting your shit running n/a on the cheap while you get all the other crap together.

Can we stop it with the NA-t shit? It makes no sense to me what so ever.

Can someone do a layout of costs and settle this stupidity right now? I'm not talking wiring/tuner/jew guru in the NA-T corner. I'm talking average prices and based on a power goal that is ridiculously easy for TGE to get and a pain in the ass for the NA-T.

Go.

Ge isn't hard to make power man. 1j is about 1200, and still needs injectors/safc/turbo shit to get 400whp.

Ge is about $3-600, and will also need injectors safc turbo shit to get 400whp.

Na/t also allows people that don't have the full gte wad of money to have a runnin car while they build a solid turbo setup.

Ultimately, if one was deciding to do something like this, it just depends what you have to work with money/resource wise. And what's available when you're ready to drop cash. If I knew what I know now when I got into this crap, I'd have done na/t all day. Ive been itching for a first gen gs to throw an aristo ecu/tranny into with some Gordon style trans upgrades and drag radials on stock wheels. Maybe add some autozone fender ports and Mexican radio station stickers on the bumper for lols

Guest swim

with NA-T you go straight to big single and 2jz bottom end. also finding an r154 is totally up to you, so depending on if you can hustle or not you can either get a great deal on the trans and electronics and stuff or waste a bunch of money. I paid about $600 for the trans minus bellhousing, driveshaft, rebuilt clutch LSD, 7mgte full harness, ECU, electronics, injectors, throttle body, cps. Or you could get ripped off on ebay...

comparing it to an x8 or x9 1jz swap is a little unfair, since NA-T gets you the 2jz bottom end and big single right off the rip.

the MAP-based fueling and stuff is an advantage of the GTE motors, but only before you go standalone.

NA-T + R154 swap is probably cheaper than aristo 2JZ + big single + R154 swap...

but really, as mentioned previously, it totally depends on what you have access to.

Guest Lofty

There isn't SHIT for GTE parts around here. Everyone is poor here. I think a GE will be fun to rip around with while I gather turbo parts. Seriously don't get why you think it would be more expensive to buy a 400$ GE and turbo it than buying a 2500$ GTE that's in questionable condition from Asia Land.

I've built turbo cars before, just not familiar with 2Js.

Thanks for the sound advice swim and kyle. I may not ever want to go turbo anyways.

2jz+W58 combos are fun and reliable.

Except your shitty vvti bottom end with it's lighter duty rods.

!La Mejor?

Guest Andrew

I plan on selling the 1jz i got and going 2jz-ge just souly that i'm broke and i want to drive my car and na-t down the road dosent sound bad.

x90 mounts

r154 and front shaft from a 88 ma70

new water pump timing belt and some stuff to make it run nice.

drift motion goodies to complete it and go

going to need help wiring but i will deal with that when it comes.

Sorry to bring up and old thread but i had the same questions about wiring and whatever.

Sign in to follow this