Sign in to follow this  
Guest ChargedMk3

MX83 1UZ Swap Tech details

Guest ChargedMk3

So for the past year my main and only project has been my MK3 supra, fuck you if you dont like them I dont care. Its a yota and I love it.

But I've finally scratching the itch to do a swap in my MX83. It only has 96,000 original miles and its super clean. I want to make it a nice cruiser.

My grandmother's SC400 was always pretty kick ass to me, and I love the uz series motors and between quantum auto and Excessive manufacturing, the swap seems pretty easy I was just curious as to what I will need.

I have already picked up a nice W58. I didnt want the R154 because they are generally more expensive and a less smooth shifting tranny. I know I will need a complete 1uz to W58 bellhousing adapter, clutch kit an flywheel which quantum auto sells. I will need to find a decent 1uz with ECU and wiring harness. Motor mount can be purchased at Excessive manufacturing. Just wasn't sure if anybody else here has done the swap and knows more in depth info other than the obvious and what I already know. It will be lowered on meghan coilovers with 19'' Konig afterburners. Probably some stoptech drilled and slotted rotors. Other than that I will just be doing basic cosmetic touch ups and fixes to make the car show worthy.

Thanks for the help guys!

Pretty sure you were talking shit about this place on a supra forum, pretty sure it was supraforums, and now you wanna ask for help here? If I wasn't trying to make an effort to be less of a miserable douche I'd tell you to go fuck yourself, and call you a dumb bitch.

eh, fuck it.

Go fuck yourself you dumb bitch.

http://jzxproject.co...t=0

so after further review, you weren't talking shit, you're just a tard. You've spent no time researching what you wanto to do, and are looking for a hand out of information.

I can't believe you asked if anyone here has even done that swap. Haven't even taken the time to cruise the place, lazy bitch

do some fucking research you dumb fucking cunt. if you're still throwing around words like quantum auto, you haven't done any.

stop making stupid fucking threads that don't need answering.

this thread is such a fucking waste of data.

suck a dick. get the fuck out.

Here's a pic of dr. Faggot, and in the thread he also says he learns quick. What a liar, he's owned 3 supras and still has a 7m, among other things

ed7dbf21.jpg

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/220455-new-guy-here-just-introducing-myself.html

Guest Aweakling

Call him! Here's the number for the O'rielly in Lakewood (253) 581-1099. Could do the same for Western Toyota.. Ask for Jordan

Guest gameface

Why would you keep a 7m in your supra, they cant even make enough power to move 4000lbs, let alone being able to run for a week without blowing a headgasket. Make sure you listen to those super smart supramania members and retorque your headbolts because that'll go such a long way to preventing the innevitable blown headgasket.

Goodluck with your mx83 show car on 19s douchebag.

Also you made this thread in the wrong section.

What's a 1UZ?

Guest ChargedMk3

Alright guys, for whatever reason my first post correlating to my 1uz swap was "stupid" and I "shouldn't post something so dumb" I'll rephrase it so the fucktards dont get all butthurt.

1. I am swapping a 1uz into my MX83. Apparently Quantum got shut down due to improper operation of business, and I've also heard bad things of 1uzswaps.com So who the hell should I order my shit from? I want it to bolt up properly and not have to deal with shitty customer service.

2. I have a w58 out of 1990 MK3 supra, I have been told it is a bit to long and will require cutting of the shifter hole, but if I can find a w58 that came stock in a MX83 or MX73, then it will match up perfect? Is this a correct assumption?

I feel as this is compared to most other topics, these are just as fair and appropriate questions that are not stupid so before you delete this I am just looking for answers and opinions from other guys. How the fuck else are questions supposed to be answered if something gets deleted just because you dont like it?

haha. who's the fucktard again?

1. there are still a few places out there making shit. Mo has a running uzx83, so do a couple other members. Steve French is another. they would be able to tell you who they got their parts from and comment on their quality and customer service.

2. the w58 you have from a mkIII puts the shifter right about where you want it behind a JZ motor, I am not sure how it sits for a UZ but there are different shifter assemblies that can move the position forward/backward to get the desired results. that is the only difference between w58 models, and no MX83 EVER came with a w58 here. again, Mo and Steve French would be the guys to talk to here.

here's what i came up with from searching, took about 5 seconds.

http://jzxproject.co...?showtopic=7415

edit: i shouldnt say that's the only difference, what i mean is it's the only difference in the w58's you will be able to use that has anything to do with determining the shifter location. you don't need a different transmission, just a different shifter.

First off, ToyotaV8.com

secondly, you suck miserably

3rd, the MK3 and X81 W58s are the same exact transmission

I recommend you slit your wrist already because based on what little information you think you've collected, you are so ill-informed it isn't even funny. Quantum got shut down because he was a crook who lied about making "Custom shit" when in fact, he wasn't. 1UZFESwapkit and Xcessive both make their shit in house. 1UZFESwapkit puts more effort into his kits because thats all he's dedicated to compared to Xcessive where they do everything besides swap kits. Both have great customer service and I live next door to 1UZFESwapkit. Are you sure you can change your own spark plugs?

Eat my wheel smoke!

[media=]

[/media]

AND WTF IS YOUR PLATES SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!

ed7dbf21.jpg

TOYOTLY? Totally Toyota? To much Toyota Koolaid..

Guest ChargedMk3

haha. who's the fucktard again?

1. there are still a few places out there making shit. Mo has a running uzx83, so do a couple other members. Steve French is another. they would be able to tell you who they got their parts from and comment on their quality and customer service.

2. the w58 you have from a mkIII puts the shifter right about where you want it behind a JZ motor, I am not sure how it sits for a UZ but there are different shifter assemblies that can move the position forward/backward to get the desired results. that is the only difference between w58 models, and no MX83 EVER came with a w58 here. again, Mo and Steve French would be the guys to talk to here.

here's what i came up with from searching, took about 5 seconds.

http://jzxproject.co...?showtopic=7415

edit: i shouldnt say that's the only difference, what i mean is it's the only difference in the w58's you will be able to use that has anything to do with determining the shifter location. you don't need a different transmission, just a different shifter.

Thanks man, the fucktard was whoever decided to delete my first there the reason being "because youre stupid"

This cressida guy north of me told me the w58's were different but I didnt think so. I appreciate the info.

Lets get a couple things straight, not that it will make a difference to most of you.

1. Why have I had 3 7M's and still have one in my supra, because I have never had one blow on me. The only in my supra now is completely rebuilt head to toe and is in the the build process to make 450 wheel. My 7M moves my supra just fine and im sure will walk plenty of JZ series engines onces its done. If i was going jz it would be a 2j.

2. TOYOTLY is a mix of totally and toyota, my grandfather had them on his AE92 Corolla GT-S and I always like em so I got them for my Supra.

3. I use this site because although its full of tools and douchebags, ..... you guys are knowledgable with the X8 chasis which almost NOBODY is. So I am happy to get flamed in order to get some info which I have so its completely worth it.

Alrighty then. Carry on.

3. I use this site because although its full of tools and douchebags, ..... you guys are knowledgable with the X8 chasis which almost NOBODY is. So I am happy to get flamed in order to get some info which I have so its completely worth it.

what the fuck. someone got it... did we divide by zero somewhere? holy fuck....

now use the SEARCH.

Sometimes every once in a while I find a thread that in the process of reading it makes me feel sick to my stomach, angry, happy, proud and then hungry. This is one of those threads.

You guys should have told him about a1turbos in NZ. 1000$+ bellhousing and you still have to source everything else. Their bellhousings are nice, but pricy.

When people fail to search effectively/at all and throw up their hands in defeat it reminds me of my parents using google. They just suck at search terms/syntax and only try one or two combos like "Italian restaurant" or "restaurant Toronto" and get frustrated because they can't find an Italian restaurant they like on bloor street in Toronto. Then they call me to search for them, AND I FUCKING HATE THAT SHIT.

Fuck you. This thread is bullshit. Why not call around and ask the manufacturers of the products you seek why you heard bad things about them, and why you won't have that problem? Why don't you use deductive reasoning to figure shit out? Why don't you fuck off?

Guest mr2driver

1. I am swapping a 1uz into my MX83. Apparently Quantum got shut down due to improper operation of business, and I've also heard bad things of 1uzswaps.com So who the hell should I order my shit from? I want it to bolt up properly and not have to deal with shitty customer service.

Quantum did not get shut down, however, about a month ago it did change hands. Jake Breyck did a shitty job representing the product, handling customer service, and is no longer of any responsibility of Quantum. Quantum Auto's products where the first of it's kind and took a collaborative of peoples efforts to bring them to reality. Unfortunately Jake was unable to take any responsibility in handling the name or products. I apologize to anyone that got shit on by him, and I can assure you it will not happen anymore.