Sign in to follow this  
rayray

Dash removal? Doors need to be open to remove?

doooods.

so my driver door lock recently jammed up on me and i can't unlock with key or from the inside. i think the linkage to the lock is bad or jammed up.

just wanted to know if the complete front dash can be removed to gain access to the last door panel screw hidden under the guitar pick looking cover nearest the door side mirror... without opening the driver side door?

it's been a while since i been under there so figured i'd ask if anyone knew off the top of their head.

and to throw it out there,

just in case, anyone got a set of front blue cloth X8 door panels they want to part with? my passenger side is scratched up and i wouldn't mind having a driver spare. (heck any good-excellent condition blue cloth X8 interior bits will be considered)

I will pay cash/paypal for good-excellent shape door panels.

i'm in california btw so local preferred.

take off the handle cover on the inside and reach in with some needle noses or a hanger or some shit. The door needs to be open to get the panel off

bro. i might gots yo door panel. one thing though. if i send it to you. you have to send the light in the bottom of it to jason. he needssssssss it. also, it will probably take me a month or more to ship, cause im gay like that. upside.....you can get it for teh frizzle.

ima try a coat hanger this weekend but i'm thinking the lock itself is bad. there is nothing that seems disconnected as far as i can tell... both the lock switch from inside and the key from outside experience the same resistance... just doesn't want to fucking turn past about 1/4 ways

austin might have to take you up on that offer. be happy to pay shipping and whatever for the panel for the trouble, and yea i don't need the light, mine's good so we're good there. i can pop the light out and ship it to jason, or just ship it to me without the light, whatever works

what's the condition like? blue cloth?

yeah, blue cloth. unsure of how nice they are. i need to take pics of the car today anyway, so ill stop by the shop and let you know if they're worth your time.

Just force the lock or the metal arm before tearing the whole car apart. Its not like its rocket surgery

Sign in to follow this