Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rue Kirby

Clutch Issue

Guest Rue Kirby

My clutch isn't engaging. It got worse the longer i let it go, so i thought maybe the clutch itself was just worn. Replaced that and the master clutch cylinder. worked for about 200 miles, now its way worse than before. Any tips on spacing the fork and or some good after market slave cylinders. Its a W58 transmission. Really if y'all could just point me in the right direction cause i cant find much useful information online. I'm about to just go weld some washers on the end of the fork and have napa custom make me a stainless line. but i'm open to ideas.

Guest Mitto

Did you check your slave cylinder? Almost sounds like you haven't bled the slave properly.

If you replaced your master you should replace the slave as well. DM have W58 slaves and clutch lines for sale.

Guest Rue Kirby

Thanks for the lead and honestly i didn't have anything to do with any of the work done to the vehicle. I work at a car lot and the Mexicans did it. I said replace both but i have no idea if they actually did. and who knows if they even bled it at all... lol. I've just been to busy to even look at it yet...=/

Guest Lofty

Lol...... we cant fix your car for you then. The best bet is to avoid aftermarket hydraulics. Ive seen so much bad shit and disengagement issues happen from vatozone junk. I cant even remember what the forks look like or if the w58s have a shimmable pivot ball. But work on your car and see if there are leaks as well as make sure its bled. You wouldnt wanna go applying bandaids before fixing the problem.

Sign in to follow this