Sign in to follow this  
Browntown

EFI - FUCK TIMING! 1JZ + microtech LT16

hey all, i have spent weeks searching google, calling tuners/friends/people about my issue, i cannot for the life of me set the timing on my 1jz, it will NOT retard past 20BTDC and even setting static value to 0 and timing trim to -15 (going past -15 all the way to -45 has no effect) so heres whats happened in order

-running 1jz on microtech LT16, tuned with various setups over the 2 or so years its had the ecu

-made 403rwhp, took to qld matsuri and shat a bottom end bearing

-replaced engine over a 6 month period

-fitted new seals/tbelt etc

-snapped bolt off in lower timing gear on the crank getting it off

-replaced it, fitted t belt and got engine running

-now timing reads like 35btdc and i cannot correct it past 20btdc with a -15 timing trim and static set to 0....

all timing marks line up, had the belt off 3-4 times now and made sure everything is right, i have a few pics here and im trying to get the video to upload (im shaped :( )

if someone could help me with this problem i would be much appreciative and will more than willingly powerskid your whole street while u drink the beer of your choice which i will also provide :)

heres the pics

thanks, brendan

exhaust cam @tdc

photo-66.jpg

intake cam @ tdc

photo-69.jpg

crank @ tdc

photo-68.jpg

where the engine stopped when i turned it off (nopt tdc at all, just thought id take a pic to make sure cam gears are still in sync)

photo-67.jpg

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Why are the orange marks on the belt one tooth off of where they are on the cam gears, while the one on the crank gear is spot on? Have you spec'd all your timing sensors?

Edit: reading it with a light or through the ecu?

i moved it a tooth back on the crank, then pulled the belt off and re installed, disreguard the orange marks.

im reading it with a light, once its to spec i can set it with the ecu... but wont back to 10 like it should

what do you mean by "spec'd" my sensors??? you may be onto something :)

Compare first cam pics with last. Look how far your orange marks are from the first. Your belt seems to be jumping around or something. Wtf?

Check to see if they're good. Read them with an ohm meter. I have the specs at home somewhere, just did all this to my sc. You can find them online though, 2jz specs should be the same.

disregard the marks on the belt :)

ill check the resistance when i get my hands back on my multimeter

cheers :)

Was in the middle of posting when that had popped up. Sorry I can't help

One last thing, has the timing ring on the crank gear come loose?

I was gonna say has the reluctor (probably spelled wrong) ever come off the crack pulley... ive seen the come completly and the car just.wouldnt run maybe its off alittle and its fucking with the ecu... i could be completly wrong though

Sign in to follow this