Guest swim

h8mvmt

Haven't checked this thread in a while, keep up the controversy.

I'm not shocked about the steering arms breaking. This is why I don't put shit other people modified/fabbed on my car. I'm willing to take risks on my own welding/fab/machining/maintenance/wiring skills, but there are not a lot of people I would let touch my car.

Guest swim

80873d54a0fb11e180d51231380fcd7e_7.jpg

Fortune Auto 450 aka Fortune Auto Comfort Series. 40mm shorter in the rear, s14 lower mounts in the front, 12k/10k spring rates, they turned down the valving and related guts from the 510 to fit in these bodies so hopefully they'll ride hella nice.

all the way down but with all the collars still in, I'll probably need to cut the rear tubs out lol

0c0ebde6a11211e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg

let me know how it ends up riding. i thought you said you were going to get helper springs? that's the same spring rate as what i'm running but with Megan gear, i'd be interested in seeing how the damping differs and how it effects ride quality. not that i would be able to get any objective info, back when i got my Megans someone said their car rode like a "caddy" on full low... maybe they meant VW caddy.

but the more that's available the more i have to choose from when piecing together something i can be happy with.

Guest swim

helper springs are optional, but without running 4" swift springs there's not really enough room for them in the rear. fronts with the S14 front suspension I could probably get away with helpers, but meh. not sagging the spring to slam the car is good enough for me.

Guest swim

got that motherfucker IN

542512_10150886207563349_552563348_9747369_33565175_n.jpg

the XM kit was pretty alright, aside from one of the studs being slightly too short. oh well though, that shit ain't going anywhere until the subframe cracks

Austin on here has a set of s9 and will let em go for a good price. But fuck s9 anything, tht faggot hypes parts then doesn't check his vendor section for months knowing that his own site sucks. Dude fails at life. I have xm and have had zero problems, and also zero camber!

excessive

Guest swim

what kit? it's QA1 rod ends, some 5/8-18 tube ends, seals-it seals, and a $5 box of washers.

edit: I'm just kidding gordon, only your old ass knows how to order things from hardware stores. I paid TechnoToyTuning $200 for this shit.

Guest swim

yeah, I am just fucking with you.

2x SUM-MAX10T summit/qa1 teflon lined rod ends

2x FKB-2907 FK weld-in tube ends

1x SIT-WS6250 seals-it rod end seals

plus a $5 box of washers

Guest Jspec603

I'm interested to see how well the 5/8 heim holds up. Have been thinking about doing the same up front, but with larger heims, still researching however.

Guest Jspec603

Not going to claim to be the best welder in the world, but those welds in that link are sketchy at best... please do better.

Those are more or less what I have been thinking up as well.

i thought you swapped this car already?

Guest swim

nope. have an r154, a 7mgte harness / ECU / everything, a '98 GS300 2jzge longblock with a blown headgasket, a '95 GS300 2jzge head, a front facing intake manifold, a Q45 throttle, ARP head studs, and probably some other fucking bullshit I'm forgetting about laying around though. once I get this fucking suspension bullshit sorted out and the car handles decent I'll start getting the rest of the stuff together to get the engine in.

Ban for sticker on headlight

Guest swim

do my shitty welds look stronger than the dude that did this shit to his nissan?

1876ad4ca5b711e1abb01231382049c1_7.jpg

what the hell is this? if you spent as much time cutting vinyl in the haters-r-us marketing department, you could have built something that the type of hatred you seek could actually be founded upon. but enjoy your make believe street cred if that's your goal.

i wonder if people who "style" their cars like skateboards will one day grow up, put on a dress shirt and tie for work, chuckle and look back at those troubled years and wonder why on earth did i make my car look like such a sloppy attention whore cop magnet.

lots of slag in that weld

I have been going on job interviews recently. In a shirt and tie and dress pants. And rolling up in a broken exhaust, dirty s13vert. And I feel like a total chode. I need to level up to a big boy car.

haha. i need to impress the board members so i can spend lexus-level cash on the lexus i needed before making the cash.