Guest swim

h8mvmt

Guest swim

yeah. the kid's a fucking idiot. had I known that he DIY'd them without heating up the metal, grinding an angle into one of the pieces and building weld up, etc etc, then they wouldn't've been on my car. the parts were misrepresented to me, which is why I'm pissed. this never would have been an issue if some faggot's welding practice had never made it onto my car. so now I'm going to buy real ones.

Guest THUG

live and learn. id be pissed as fuck to, but remember. atleast it happened in a parking lot at low speeds and not at a 3rd gear high speed drift entry where it could of sent you and the car flying into serious injury/ death

Guest swim

Yeah. The cressida definitely saved both of us by snapping that pile of shit in a parking lot instead of at full lock in 3rd gear. I'm trying to get either Era1 knuckles as seen on Walker Wilkerson's car, Cor Integrations knuckles as seen on Shreeve's car, or Abercrombie knuckles that idk who uses.

Era1 would be rad because they're one cast peice, and there's no core exchange with them. They're like a facebook-only operation at the moment it seems, I wish they had a website and a fucking phone number so I could call them up and give them my money.

If you ever get your 7m auto pos into full lock in 3rd gear you're probably in a world of trouble anyway

Guest swim

I would have been buying the bellhousing and headgasket and timing components for the JZ / R154 next week instead of buying new knuckles and shit if the knuckle had held on for a while longer, then I would have taken the car off the road for the swap. That shit would have sucked if I had left these on after the car was swapped.

Guest swim

pretty much set on throwing these away and getting Era1 knuckles, coilovers, and manual swapping my car and staying 7m this year instead of going JZ

I thought Mo banned this kid the other night.... yet I'm still seeing dumbness.

Guest swim

seems like some of the people around here appreciate the effort I put into trying new shit on this chassis, so I'm back for now. not trying to start drama, I'm just doing my thing, and when one of my dumb fucking ideas works, I'll post about it.

ummm S13 suspension isn't new. it was the first thing done when easy to get suspension parts didn't exist for X8 front suspension.

FYI. so you don't get too big for your britches.

Guest swim

I know, ranlet did it years ago. I don't want to start shit, I'm just doing my best to contribute to the community. Planning on doing more writeups in the future and stuff. Trying to get fortune to get off their ass and send me info on thier x8 coils, etc.

Steve, no he's not the first, an it might suck! But! He's putting in work with shit he had laying around. This was the appeal of the Cressida for me before thy became a fucking catalog car. That you had to get involved, run into snags, use your brain, nigger rig some shit, etc.

Any of you fags hatin' on SWIM can suck my dick. Just because he's not doing to HIS car what you want or think is right doesn't mean he isn't doing something. Maybe he'll hate it or love it or find it pointless, doesn't matter. He's doing shit. The ban was gay. Mo, you're a fag. I still love you, but grow the fuck up. There's much better trash to get rid of around this camp

Edit: plus he's thoroughly documenting the shit for asshats that have the same shit laying around preventing them from asking pointless or redundant questions if they have half a brain. Thumbs up.

Guest swim

Mo banned me because on my first account I talked about wanting pillowball tc rods instead of rods that use the factory bushings with poly shims. Pages on pages of calling me a retard for wasting my money. Now a kid from australia is making pillowballs for the tc rod pivot, and you can go look through that thread and see who's trying to buy them...

Then after I re-registered and only talked about shit I've already done instead of shit I'm planning on doing in the future to make it through my intro thread, he realised he had banned me before.

This is the kind of scum that keeps this place going. This jerkwad does cool shit. Keep him and ban some bandwagoner fag that cant put coilovers on because they dont bolt together.

Guest swim

thanks brehs

these boys are getting shipped out from Era-1 today. except mine are powdercoat purple.

front%2Bknuckle%2B.JPG

awesome company by the way. driftworks-style hubs for cheaper than driftworks, and they don't have to come from europe. you can find them on facebook http://www.facebook.com/Era1Parts or hit their sales guy up at era1jesse AT gmail dot com

they also make these rad adjustable dildo shift knobs, that come in m12x1.25

464441_393508374012852_368814756482214_1272110_1074569828_o.jpg

Guest swim

got the bent blitz trued and they fixed the curbage on the barrel. put a tire I had laying around on for test fitting

536330_10150860455678349_552563348_9681596_1056123417_n.jpg

427873_10150863311553349_552563348_9689488_859763778_n.jpg

294981_10150863317103349_552563348_9689494_698706627_n.jpg

it sinks enough that the tire will just avoid hitting the step in the inner fender, but I'm still going to cut the rears out so I can tuck rim.

also I found out that I can have a full set of blitz soon. for now, the fronts are going to be 17x7 +45 with a 20mm spacer to bring them to +25 and going to s14 control arms instead of s13 will make it more like +15 on the old setup. as an added bonus, s14 lca's will probably get me demon camber on the x8.

Guest swim

there's a local set of advan sa3r in 18x8.5 +38 18x9.5 +45 for sale locally... might try and cop those instead of the blitz

photo19.jpg

please no

Guest swim

well, trading a set of 17x8 rpf1s for them, so advans are happening. knuckles are here on monday, coils are still being worked on, got my LCA's. going to do random bullshit like maybe pull the diff and maybe swap diffs while the car's sitting

555432_10150865982988349_552563348_9697825_598949608_n.jpg

s13 top j30 bottom... j30's a little longer.

Love the advans!

i like advans, and i like advans on an x8 even more. good move.

Guest swim

got the pig out today

149794_10150874494033349_552563348_9723041_1167359229_n.jpg

grimey as fuck piece of shit

181338_10150874513013349_552563348_9723075_1296714633_n.jpg

got them both cleaned up ish, took them to the ring and pinon shop up the street from my parent's house. the guy there is cool as fuck, and he's throwing the clsd into my cressida housing and shimming it on the cheap. fun stuff.

also these showed up

5d20c2729ead11e1be6a12313820455d_7.jpg

edit: oh and I broke down and ordered the XM diff bushings because I'd feel like an asshole putting it back in with stock ones.

Guest swim

also I think tomorrow I might cut my tubs out. I was already rubbing on them and the bolt for the igniter was tearing into my tire. so that shit's gotta go.

Guest swim

[media=]

[/media]

181427_10150877762783349_552563348_9729421_1519428802_n.jpg

Got the diff back today. Ring & Pinion Shop of Oakland boyyyy. For $80 he swapped the ring, pinion, all the bearings, the axle stubs, CLSD, etc out of the MA70 diff into the MX83 housing, plus he faced the side gears down and used shims for a Ford 8.8" CLSD to make it tighter without fucking up the preload spring. I guess the clutches are .025" tigher on each side? lol. His advice, based on 40 years of fucking with 'murikan drag cars that get streeted around here is to run fluid with no LSD additives because additive just makes it slip easier. I guess it'll pop in parking lots and stuff but it'lll be rad for sliding. Dope.