Guest crazy_ivan

LSx vs 2JZ

i like to fuck in trucks the end

Guest josephin510

^^^ those are the best projects.. An old 88 Iroc that you you started to do a fuel injected big block swap on that's ends up rusted out in a field in the 209 area.

You opened up a can of worms.

Guest crazy_ivan
You opened up a can of worms.

I love canned worms! They're like tequila, but without the empty calories!

On a more serious note, after doing some work on my Cressida and old Honda POS cars, I've recognized that rushing into a build broke and without a plan is just asking for failure and piss poor results.

That said, I'ma pick up whatever sweet deals I can along the way and see how it turns out in the long run.

Headers if you can get something to work maybe that price, I'm 2grand into my headers plus gaskets, custom wiring harness $200 to $500, Motor mounts build, proper fuel fittings $$$$, acusump and fittings $$$$, gauges, clutch, clutch line, clutch master, remove bleeder for t56, p/s lines, drive shaft, I dunno I stopped looking at prices on my swap and just kept signing my Visa, I have a STACK of bills sitting in a folder at home from this build. 1JZ would be way easier. Then again maybe some shit on the cress will be easier for stuff like headers, mine a almost equal length long tube.

Custom one off tig welded headers, 6 part driver side, 1 part passenger side, with 3" collectors, 1-7/8 pipes, ceramic coated black,

Fuck this thread. Seriously dude, you've been a member for almost a year and have never produced anything but "what if" threads and bs. DO SOMETHING or GTFO.

Guest crazy_ivan

Fuck this thread. Seriously dude, you've been a member for almost a year and have never produced anything but "what if" threads and bs. DO SOMETHING or GTFO.

I am 'doing something'. So far my Cressida has received tokico blues, a r154 swap and a new 3rd member after I destroyed the original dori boating the fuck out of it.

DSCN2406copy.jpg

I parked the slut when I found a sweet gig as I didn't have the time to mess with it.

0a13a535.jpg

Now that the job is solid, I've got a dece daily and some spare time, I'm ready to actually do work on the slut. The reason I start threads like this is to get the input from guys like Gordon and Shawn.

That all said, if you want to see a neat build to down over the next year or so, enjoy the ride and give your constructive 2 bits.

If you just want to bitch and whine, do so in Bullshitters.

Jason LS15 only come in LS15GTTTE no LS15GTTE was ever on the Greenland Domestic market

who needs headers? previa axle and stock Lsx. just drive it, then ask questions.

Guest Gaijin Smash Wayhoff

That's too easy Gordon. With your skills, take two 7m's and make a V12.

Hogg is going a 1JZFE into his JZX100 Chaser this year, too complicated for me haha

I thought my LSx swap was gonna be cheap, but it's all the little things that are costing me an arm and a leg and nickle and diming me to death

Guest crazy_ivan
who needs headers? previa axle and stock Lsx. just drive it, then ask questions.

I like the way you think!

If it aint broke, don't fix it, make more powar!

That's too easy Gordon. With your skills, take two 7m's and make a V12.

Fuck this motherfuckingshit! 2 BHG and a dozen fucked rod bearings?

No thanks!

A v12 made of 2 1or2JZs would be the cats ass tho!

Now that I know you fly, you should do a Pratt and Whitney turbine Ivan.

If you want to do something cool / realistic that will liquify tires, shoehorn in a big block. Or a Merlin v12.

Guest crazy_ivan

Now that I know you fly, you should do a Pratt and Whitney turbine Ivan.

If you want to do something cool / realistic that will liquify tires, shoehorn in a big block. Or a Merlin v12.

I hope you're not insinuating that I'm a pilot; that would be insulting. I turn wrenches and keep 'em legal & airworthy.

Turbines & aircraft engines are impractical for street cars. Dealing with the shock loading and adaptation required would be a pain, never mind the amount of time they take to spool... It would be fun to do one of these at some point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWUxI08C4dk

In reality, I'll prolly run the LQ4 6 liter as the t56 comes with the right clutch, flywheel and bellhousing for it.

Running stock intake and exhaust mani's for a season will save a wad of cash, leaving just mounts, driveshaft and engine electronics as being the small hurdles.

The 6 liter stock intake / exhaust setup from factory are plenty sufficient with a good sized cam and tune. The limiting factor of that engine is the heads, I dont think you'd be able to pull much more than 400 out of it with them.

Guest Piner

I want a 1gzfe in my chaser so bad, Just for the sound. I don't care about the power or torque or anything other than that orgasmic sound that V12's make. Its either that or a Mercedes M120 6.0L V12. Those are cheap and pretty easy to find in the states.