Guest crazy_ivan

LSx vs 2JZ

Guest crazy_ivan

I'm sorry in advance, I know this has been bitched out already, and this is JZxproject not LSxproject.

I've got an old POS 84 cressida wagon.

I found a supra IRS that'll fit it nicely and I also found a T-56 for a reasonable price locally.

My question is this. Should I be tossing in a 6.0l LSx engine or a 2JZ?

The LSx engine is a stock item out of a full size chevy, lq4 or somesuch.

It'll bolt right up to the T-56 instead of having to use an adapter like the 2JZ and 1UZs have to.

The 2JZ-GTE is out of a JDM supra that some kid drifted into a hydro pole.

It's not running any aftermarket anything AFAIK. (FMIC, bost control, turbo timer)

Tell me what chu think!

I think you suck. That being said, go with what's cheapest.

Edit: just noticed the two T's in 2jzgte. Fuck right off faggot.

Guest crazy_ivan

notice the poll, eh!

Cost is going to be a wash between the LSx and the 2J with stock twins.

It's tempting to sell the stock twins and use the biggest holset I can find with the 2JZ instead, but that's gonna be more $$$.

The LQ4 should make some decent power with a decent set of headers and an intake though and does basically come stock with a flashable standalone...

Guest DuaxMachine

Your fucking smoking way too much dope, Ivan,

if you remotely think that an old Mk-II Supra diff will stand up the the low-end torque of an ameerican pig-iron V8......

Guest crazy_ivan

Your fucking smoking way too much dope, Ivan,

if you remotely think that an old Mk-II Supra diff will stand up the the low-end torque of an ameerican pig-iron V8......

What would you reccomend instead?

exploder 8.8"

Mk3 supra rear end

Guest DuaxMachine

Exploder 8.8 !

Funny...........

If you want to go through the work to switch over to the Mk3 housing, axles, and hubs, it would take it.

Guest crazy_ivan

Exploder 8.8 !

Funny...........

If you want to go through the work to switch over to the Mk3 housing, axles, and hubs, it would take it.

It would be a pain in the neck, but worthwhile. Are the MK4 rear ends stronger or about the same?

It'd prolly be worth doing a 5lug conversion on the front to match, either S14, supra or mx70/80...

i hurd sr20s are pulling a premium now days, especially since race wars is next weekend...

I'm looking at shit for my wagon now that I have the title coming. My ideas are whatever is lying around cheap.

Rue said MkI Supra rear end, yeah if I could find one. Someone said Exploder, maybe - haven't even looked at it. There's an X6 in the junkyard nearby... and an X8. And S13/14 shit is in abundance with about a billion cheap suspension options, they put LS1's in those things all day.

Guest Piner

^ yeah those MKI Supra diffs get snapped up by 86 guys pretty damn fast so they are hard to find.

Why put IRS in the wagon anyways? Its not like thats gonna help it handle better, especially if its from a MKII with its semi trailing arm demonic camber and toe curve.

Guest DuaxMachine

Piner: 'semi trailing arm demonic camber and toe curve'

Ain't that the truth !

The 510 datsuns are about the same, and the only way to make them less 'nervous' in the corners, is to run such stiff springs in the rear, that it disables any actual movement.

Then you can drive them like a kart :)

Guest josephin510

Your motor choices;

2jzgtte

1jzgtte

Rb26gtte

B18gtte

4g63gtte

Ls1gtte.

Vh45gtte

1/2/3uzfette

You choose any fictitious motor and run it on high octane hopes and dreams.

Guest Gaijin Smash Wayhoff

Fox body 5.0.......

....GTTE

Guest crazy_ivan

It's gonna be used for street/drift...

An exploder axle should take the abuse with a upgraded LSD.

The only reason to go for an IRS is as an easy way to handle the powar!

Mk1 supra axles only have a 7.5" ring gear. The mk3 IRS uses a 8" ring gear and you can actually get a decent new LSD for it.

You should see if you can pick up the LS15GTTE. They were in limited release in certain commercial trucks. Since they were commercial, you can pick them up for penises on the dollar, but they were probably abused by your uncle, so you'll need to rebuild your prefrontal lobe with a rotor rooter and plenty of parts cleaner.

For the rear end swap, check into the swap for a 2012 Corolla rear subframe mated to a mustang cobra IRS. It's absolutely nutty and will take all the horsespowers you can throw at it. I forget the company but there's a straight bolt-in kit available. Since it's a toyota subframe, it bolts directly to the x6 chassis.

Last, I want to address chassis flex. The LS15GTTE motor is super stout and strong. There is no reason to brace your chassis against its power simply because the motor doesn't allow the chassis to flex. It acts like its own torque damper.

Get to work and good luck!!

Guest crazy_ivan

I'm not too worried about chassis flex.

By the time I get rid of all the lead plated plush interior, I should be able to manage a cage.

If not, then pretzel time for the frame!

if you wanna go 8" diff but don't need irs, just go get a previa rear end. Solid axle, 8" ring gear, 5x114.3 pattern and $100 spools on summit all day long.

You better make one I these happen Ivan, I seriously wanna see either one. Go 8.8.

Guest crazy_ivan

The previa might actually work well!

I know they've been used on AE86s so Mad Props to you!

You better make one I these happen Ivan, I seriously wanna see either one. Go 8.8.

I'ma get 'er done. THe trans is just waiting for me to pick it up, and the engine is just a matter of seeing which one makes more sense $wise and powar wise. Then it's just details, and patience seems to sort those out eventually...

LS will not be a cheap swap if you wanna do stuff properly

Motor is cheap, thats about it, stick with a 2J

Guest crazy_ivan

LS will not be a cheap swap if you wanna do stuff properly

Motor is cheap, thats about it, stick with a 2J

What is so expensive about the LS?

Headers are $350-500, cam is $300-500, flash programmer is $500-900, injectors are $200-400

I guess the nice thing about the 2J is that you can stick a holset and some big injectors on it and turn the boost up...