Guest hoadster

Swapping 1JZ VVT-i from JZX-171 to GX-100

Guest hoadster

You found a 5 speed JZX100 on Okinawa for around $2k....was it busted??

Not on Okinawa. C'mon son, buy one on the mainland and ship that shit, it's not THAT expensive.

Guest hoadster

That may be true, but I gotta live within my means, and a running JZX100 wasnt in the cards for me.

...and you think a retarded, cobbled together, penny-pinching swap is living within your means? Give up your internet fanboi supercar hopes now before your heart is crushed in the vice of all that is JZX. You'd be better off to pony up an extra grand or two for an auto jzx100 and swapping it to manual. Besides...1G? Thats still 2.0L, right? From what I understand, you wont pass Shaken or whatever its called with a 2.5L swap.

AND AFTER ALL THAT...It's been over a month since you posted this and you have made ZERO progress. This car is going nowhere fast. Idiot. Thanks for wasting our time.

Guest hoadster

Nope, cut my losses and sold the parts car. Painting the x100 and selling it too. Fuck it all.

Now buy an auto jzx100 and convert that shit. Rasty has complete conversion kits on yahoo all the time, just save up for that shit.

Guest MasBoostMike

I know this is late but, Hoadster I swapped a 90series 1JZ into my GX100. Runs perfect no issues, well besides TRC haha but thats cause I cut it out of the loop. Im planning on selling if your interested.

This thread sucks. This question is essentially the same as asking "can I put a Type R motor in my integra?". In fewer words I will reiterate what Kyle has already said... Fuck off. I'm not saying we don't want you here, but this asking super-basic questions and thinking a swap is going to be cheaper than buying an already running JZ equipped car WHEN YOU ARE IN FUCKING JAPAN isn't going to fly around here. Get your head straight, step up your internets game, step up your car game, step up the oxygen supply to your brain and make us all proud.