Guest hoadster

Swapping 1JZ VVT-i from JZX-171 to GX-100

Guest hoadster

Alright guys, I've tried searching this topic online, and came up empty, so now I'm asking you. Can you swap a 1JZ-GTE VVT-i engine from a JZS-171 Crown Athlete V to a GX-100 Mark II?? I had plans to buy a VVT-i Chaser Tourer V for parts, but this came up at a local junkyard for a VERY good price. I just want to know if it's a viable swap before I go throwing down my money. Thanks.

Guest swim

Sure, you can swap it in.... should both be front sump, so JZX100 mounts and a JZ bellhousing for your trans will get the motor into the car, but the wiring is probably going to be a pain in the dick.

I don't know about the 171, but I know the JZS161 Aristo has the ECU in the fusebox in the bay. If the 171 is like that, then you're going to have to be extending a LOT of wires to get it running on the factory ECU.

Swim, you seem cool, and your answer was fairly legit, but the question it answered was some cheese-dick-faggot ass shit. Here is the correct answer:

Hey FAGGOT!!!

You could swap Jesus into an elephant's asshole if you had Jesus, an elephant, and initiative. You are a complete fucking idiot, and we will not hold your hand by asking questions that common sense and a few minutes with the internet can tell you. Fuck right off.

Someone change this fags username to choadster

Fucking seriously, people put ls1's in these shitboxes and you wonder if you can put a toyota engine of a series that was factory option in your chassis, into your chassis?

I wish Rick James was still alive so he could hold you captive and repeatedly burn you with crack pipes untily you realized how fucking retarded you are

Guest hoadster

Thanks Swim, I appreciate it.. Yeah, the only thing i was worried about was whether the sump positions were the same. Ill have to check out the ECU though. If it is in the fusebox, shouldn't be a difficult fix.

Guest hoadster

Oh, and Fuck Off Meatwad. You were new once too. Me asking questions to prepare myself isn't me showing a lack of initiative; It's me not wanting to get stuck in the middle of a build due to a lack of preparedness. With that being said, I would appreciate helpful comments, but if your'e just going to continue to spam my posts, then GTFO!!!!

Guest JoooeOne

Yup with the etcs i and it's not even working I have to order a stand alone computer,it runs don't get me wrong but you can't floored

Yes, we were all new once. The hostility towards noobs around here is meant to be both a wake-up call, and kick in the ass to get you started in the right direction. This forum isnt the place to ask basic bs questions like this. Here's a thought choad! Do research on each vehicle that is in question (crown athlete,jzx100) then use common sense to assess the difficulty in this swap. Because seriously, that was a pretty common sense type inquiry if you have already taken the initiative to figure out what the fuck you have to work with if you buy said engine.

You would have been weeded out in the app process, and the retarded threads you have started would have not been here.

R.I.P. App Process

Guest hoadster

Well, this thread seems to have done its job for me thus far. I tried searching the internet for problems with a crown 1JZ swap and nothing of use came up, hence the reason I asked here. I knew there was a lot of experience in this forum, and it seemed most effective to hear the facts first hand. As it happened to be, swim and Joooeone had answers for me that the internet did not, and for that, I thank them both.

Joooeone: This engine has the ETCS-i throttle body, so I may have the same hiccups as you are.

Oh my shit balls, X100 came stock with VVTi 1Js, how the fuck did you figure this wouldn't work or you would have any trouble at all!? Probably the easiest swap you could do! In fact, I'd almost take a stab in the dark and assume putting a non vvti 1J would be more difficult. Come on dude, a stock JZX100 ecu will run the ETCS-i BECAUSE IT'S STOCK!!!

Guest JoooeOne

the problem is the wiring pinout there is none on the internet the closest wiring pinout is from a 2jzvvti from a aritso I'll have to check it out I got the pictures in my computer I'll post them later and wiring diagram to but it's on japanese

Not true zale, 100 is etcs only, etcs-i is newer shit. Still, its retarded. Jooloone posted all sorts of shit about it on the internet. You just have no common sense which impedes a good search.

Fact of the matter is, you dont know what you're looking for. But I do... A handout. Fuck you.

Love, search nazi

Guest hoadster

Let me clear a few things up: The car I will be swapping the motor into is a GX100 5 speed currently with a 1G-FE engine. The engine I may be swapping is also the "next generation" 1JZ (the same one as the jzx110 with the ETCS-i) as opposed to my X100, so I was unsure if it would still be a simple plug and play.

Kyle: Fact: If I knew exactly what i was looking for, I wouldn't have needed to ask in the first place.

you're looking for a jzx100 engine set, since it will be easiest. It *most likely* plug right into your car and work. An auto harness will take some work considering the neutral start switch shit will be different, as well as a few other little things. Also, the engine will *most likely* come with the brackets you'll need.

Spending a little more up front to save you headaches down the road is a small price to pay.

DO NOT BUY S171/X110 SET UNLESS YOU FEEL LIKE DOING MORE WORK/SPENDING MORE MONEY THAN IS NEEDED/WANTED.

YOU ARE IN JAPAN AND SHIT IS CONSIDERABLY CHEAPER THERE. JUST FIND A 100 TOURER V AND GO TO TOWN.

There's my good deed for the day, think I'm gonna go feed my neighbor's dog some antifreeze soaked hamburgers now to balance out the ol' chi.

Guest hoadster

Because I bought mine for $2000, and around here, JZX100s never sell for less than $7000. And I'm all about saving a dime. Plus, considerably cheaper STILL isn't cheap.

Guest swim

wait... non turbo 1g powered X100?

just swap a 20v 4age in there on bike carbs and MSD ignition. not much wiring and it'll still be faster than what you've got now.

Guest hoadster

Dude, thats awesome. I may be getting more pinouts specifically for the JZX171 from a guy on Toymods, so I'll post em up if it'll help you.

JoooeOne: You should know this too, and I really don't wanna run to the junkyard to see: How is the ECU set with this model?? Is it located in the fusebox like swim suggests?

Because I bought mine for $2000, and around here, JZX100s never sell for less than $7000. And I'm all about saving a dime. Plus, considerably cheaper STILL isn't cheap.

You suck at finding jzx100s then. I bought mine for a little more than that.