Austin

Infamy....or a how to on building a shitbox proam drift car with aspirations for buttsecs.

but i feel for you, and even though i don't know you, if you were here i'd offer to help you clean shit up. you can state the facts, figure out who is responsible, but in the end - especially considering that the thing has been beaten, wrecked, rebuilt and passed through different ownership, there's no realistic way anyone is going to step up and offer to replace it or repair it for you :\

EXACTLY.. If Austin came up to me, called me, messaged me and asked about things on the car, i would have kindly replied and offered my help. I still to this day get tons of people messaging me about my cressida and asking about setups and shit like that and i take time out to respond to them. However, when he calls me out, starts talking shit and doesnt even know me, thats just childish.

Guest DuaxMachine

So Ameen, why don't you call him up, and offer some insite, helpful words, etc. ?

And Austin, you have learned a lesson, old competion equipment may not be what you dreamed it was.

Old stuff is always old stuff.

Crap, I didn't even follow Ameen's threads, and I knew that it had been folded a few times.

And race vehicals are sometimes thrown together/repaired in a less than ideal manner to make the next round/race.

EVERY race vehical is that way........

And I have been involved with more than my share.

That is why I don't buy them any more, I will always build my own.

But I have bought old stuff when I was much younger, and had to learn my lessons too.

They are kind of like hot chicks, once you get to know them, and have to do daily maintenance on them, you think 'what the fuck did I see in that bitch ?'.

Other old crap I have, I bought for the history behind it, and will do what I have to to put it back together.

Ameen, sorry you had to close your doors, but the percentages were against you.

What, like 80% of small businesses fail, so your in the majority.

Hope you learned some lessons along the way.

One way to ruin a business, go racing.........(or drifting)

Seen it way too many times.

Briggs Cunningham once said, how do you become a millionaire?, start off a billionaire, and go racing.......

Now everybody quit bitching at each other, dammit !

it's a cressida. go buy another mx83 and put the parts into it austin. done. just need a fresh cage.

or just fix it. it's just a cressida, if it happens to have been thrashed, fix it.

austin, you have to realize cressidas are generally just like this anyway. they wan't to fuck you up regardless of who owned them.

1241100353_anchorman-kicking-the-dog.gif

Guest Gaijin Smash Wayhoff

Robert, I have no intention of actually linking threads or anything. Like I said, everything I had was 2nd hand information until I got a piece of 786 work in front of me, then I was inclined to believe the rumors. If you saw an alien first hand, you'd be a lot more inclined to believe every other alien sighting (lame anology but you get the idea). I wanted 786 to be everything it could have been. They bit off more than they could chew. Why you would even start a performance shop in a neighborhood where I lock my doors when I'm driving is beyond me. This is business 101, rapid expansion causes anal fucktitude and not the fun kind.

Ameen might be coolest guy ever or the biggest douche. I have no idea. What I do know is the city of Houston is not happy with the practices of 786 and that falls squarely on the owner's shoulders. It would be very simple to rectify the situation. Come out publicly, appologize for what happened and ask what you can do to rectify the situation. Now the world wide web is a big place, but I have yet to see anything like that. I'm as understanding as anyone that having people working for you can bite you in the ass and fall back on you personally. So man up, prove that you're a better person than the ones that let you down. Let's see the prodical son of Houston return to former glory. It's going to suck ass at first but everything worth doing usually does.

Ameen, sorry you had to close your doors, but the percentages were against you.

What, like 80% of small businesses fail, so your in the majority.

Hope you learned some lessons along the way.

One way to ruin a business, go racing.........(or drifting)

Seen it way too many times.

Briggs Cunningham once said, how do you become a millionaire?, start off a billionaire, and go racing.......

LOL!! Awesome advice, but youre a little late ^_^ .. Im NEVER running another business again. Thats why i went back to college. LESSON LEARNED. :thumbsup:

Also i really wouldnt be chiming in and putting my two cents in a thread like this. But honestly, this was the LAST forum i expected to get shit from. I devoted so much time and resources in promoting this site and made so many great friends. What surprised me even more is that even G was getting some shit slung his way as well. What the fuck is up with this site? How are you guys going to hate on him? Without him the REAL competitive drift cressidas would be NOWHERE near where they are now. Whats next? Are you guys going to start calling out Brian?

Guest DuaxMachine

Brian is a looser, sells shit, raped my daughter, ran away with my favorite cat.

There.......

I have pissed on everyone here !

(just kidding Brian!)

Robert, I have no intention of actually linking threads or anything. Like I said, everything I had was 2nd hand information until I got a piece of 786 work in front of me, then I was inclined to believe the rumors.

You never had a peice of 786 work infront of you. Just a peice of fresh outta highschool ameen helping an old dude out in his parents garage.. BIG difference. Im surprised that guy failed to mention that part.. then again, im not really surprised.

Ameen might be coolest guy ever or the biggest douche. I have no idea. What I do know is the city of Houston is not happy with the practices of 786 and that falls squarely on the owner's shoulders. It would be very simple to rectify the situation. Come out publicly, appologize for what happened and ask what you can do to rectify the situation. Now the world wide web is a big place, but I have yet to see anything like that. I'm as understanding as anyone that having people working for you can bite you in the ass and fall back on you personally. So man up, prove that you're a better person than the ones that let you down. Let's see the prodical son of Houston return to former glory. It's going to suck ass at first but everything worth doing usually does.

If you were in my shoes, you would understand that its passed that. Its like a girlfriend cheating on you and trying to make it work out after that. (my turn at a lame analogy). I dont need the Texas Drift scene as much as it doesnt need me. I am MUCH more happier with where my life is now. I have great friends, a great girlfriend, doing well in school, and things are actually looking up. Why would i want to go back to the people that started so many rumors and talked behind my back? The people who matter know who i am and what really happened.

Brian is a looser, sells shit, raped my daughter, ran away with my favorite cat.

There.......

I have pissed on everyone here !

(just kidding Brian!)

I CALLED IT!!

I can't post fast enough to keep up at work. Ameen, we are talking about the same car. If you take a look at h240, you'll see that nowhere on there did I try to trash you for that. In fact the only reason I brought your name up in this thread was to disassociate myself with your reputation when I posted the painting I made that included your car. There's 3 things in Texas that you don't talk about if you want to avoid a heated response; religion, politics and 786. And the only reason I mentioned the 5spd swap was to explain my reasoning behind disassociating myself. So there shouldn't be any more animosity between anyone in this thread. We all know where we fucked up. And Ameen, this is the first time I've seen you defend yourself with a cool head. Shit happens, and if you know that it was more bad luck than bad intentions that got you here, then I have no doubt you can make a recovery if you want to.

shit gets thrown around a lot, yes.

what sucks is that more than half the shit i hear about, i hear OFF the boards. if someone has a problem with somebody else, details don't get posted, it's just shit talk or a general attitude towards someone or some company.

if that responsible party DOES end up making things right, it is unlikely you will hear the story coming from the person that got fucked. both parties want to leave it "settled," but the damage has already been done. deservedly? maybe, depends on the situation.

fucking clear the air. i'd hate to see this shit drag anyone else down.

and just to be clear, i am definitely not taking sides. i have no side to take - just hate seeing things get watered down over time.

Am i the only one that doesnt give a fuck about any of this... sure back in the day the car was cool but in all reality now its just a cressida you fucked up and traded for a car you knew nothing about you dont like it do something about it(fix or sell it) but in all seriousness nothing was accomplished with the last 3 pages of this thread... Austin still has the cressida Ameen still has a bad rep... Austin fix this fucking thing and drive it like it was meant to be driven (atleast thats what i would do) END OF STORY

So you decided to show how little you care by posting about how little you care? Are you that bored?

I agree. That's also what I'm saying, it's just a Cressida.

If the suspension, bodywork, nose, etc are all still fine, get another car, slap that shit on it, start over.

fuck, do a cressida with a whole interior and basic wiring for the 1J with all the parts from this car, that's probably what I'd do if too many little things were actually a problem.. if not, and you really need the cage, just fix shit. or sell some other cars and do this one properly, even if it means buying a donor car.

Dear Texas;

you're starting to sound like a high school cheer leader practice. what happened to guns and wife beaters and sweat stains and beer?

Project cars get passed around and beaten on and reworked and generally fucked up. It's a fact of life. Buying someone else's project, finished or not is going to end in headaches. The more people it's been through just adds to it exponentially. Publicly shitting on the original owner of a car that's been through a few people's hands is usually not too productive. Buckling down and fixing whatever you think think is janky and making it work is the best plan.

I went through a bunch of BS like this with my old AE86. I ended up with the 4th guy who owned it after me PMing me on another forum weekly asking how to fix this or that. Eventually after giving him all the data I had on the whole car, every part number for everything that wasn't totally stock and telling him exactly what needed to be done he finally got to the point where he knew as much or more about the car than I did and it finally became his project.

Ameen, as much as Austin is talking a bit of shit about your old car I don't think there's as much hate floating around on JZXP as you might think. We do recognize the people who make this community work and try to build upon it. Most of those people are the everyday do it yourself guys who buy clapped out BHG cressidas and go on to do big things and contribute a lot in the long run (Brian, Jason, Bill, G, Mark,Gordon etc.). Publicity is great, and the fact that we can actually buy aftermarket parts for these cars now is awesome, this doesn't mean that because someone is OG they're beyond reproach. People get pissed off, they talk shit, they e-thug. Welcome to the internets.

Dear Texas;

you're starting to sound like a high school cheer leader practice. what happened to guns and wife beaters and sweat stains and beer?

<3

We only do that when Canadians are around. In reality, none of us have guns. We also love prius's and unsweetened green tea.

I owe several apologies.

To ameen. I've never met you, i've never experienced any of your work except this car. This car didnt impress me, but that didnt give me the right to talk the way i did. For that i was wrong, and im sorry. There are two sides to every story. I had literally never heard your side a single time. To me it seemed that you boned a bunch of people and dropped off the face of the planet in the way people typically do. If that wasnt the case, as you say, then alot of people owe alot of apologies. The cressida scene owes alot to your influence, both for the coverage and the pushing of product development. Nobody has forgotten that, but you left everyone wondering what happened and the only answers we got threw you into negative light. You csnt honestly blame the people for the hate. Im sorry for the things i said directly about you. Sincerely.

To robert, i told you how i felt in response to your pm. We want the same things, and we both acted hastily, and without regard to the ass way we acted. Im sorry to you as well.

To the rest of you, the title of this thread referred to what all drift cars eventually become: shitboxes. Infamy was in regards to the cars colored past. I didnt know it would offend, and i wish it hadnt.

This car is parted out. Im doing one event in it on saturday, and thdn tearing it down and shipping parts sunday. Buyers have been lined up, money has been sent. Im going door to door with leon at mir, and after the part out, leon may buy the shell and drift it next season. Time will tell. Did i give up on the car? No. I did in some ways the same thing ameen did. I sold the car to better my life and cut ties with my debt. I've got my sights set on an x90 next, so think of it as an upgrade.

Too much pountene influence .......

LOLOLOLOL

Too much pountene influence .......

some sort of new rocket fart fuel?

This car is parted out. Im doing one event in it on saturday, and thdn tearing it down and shipping parts sunday. Buyers have been lined up, money has been sent. Im going door to door with leon at mir, and after the part out, leon may buy the shell and drift it next season.

I'm sure this goes without saying but please take the kit off first haha.

Absolutely. No kit, no aero, no lights, no anything. Stripped.