Sign in to follow this  
Guest Calle

The old lady sedan.

Guest Calle

Bought this in the fall, arrived in November. Been driving it ever since. 13,000 km so far and its been decent. Fuel mileage is the pits and I need new brake pads. If I procrastinate much longer I'll need rotors too..........

post-3243-0-13103400-1329894634_thumb.jpg

post-3243-0-16286700-1329894895_thumb.jpg

post-3243-0-99831300-1329894995_thumb.jpg

Guest Calle

But to hell with maintence, wheels and aero on their way from Japan because who wants to be safe when you can be internet cool instead. Bahh who am I kidding, auto cars aren't cool. Unless not spilling your drink while doing a burnout is cool these days?

post-3243-0-67369100-1329895519_thumb.jpg

post-3243-0-56228500-1329895752.jpg

Change your sparkplugs

Guest Calle

Change your sparkplugs

Poor fuel economy is due to the combination of a turbo and heavy right foot on the hwy.

Understandable. So thats a legit trd edition?

Guest Calle

Nathan, it's a she and she is from Kelowna if I remember right?

Correct on both accounts.

The car is very stock which is great from a reliability stand point. For now my plans don't go much further past a water meth kit and front mount. I figure run her up to boost cut and leave it at that. A winter of driving has taken its toll though, needs a bunch of maintenance including prior mentioned brake pads and a wheel bearing. Steve French and I spent some time cross referencing pn's last night and think they will be 98-05 GS300 /IS300

Guest THUG

I say "so sick guy" when i see something sweet. That didn't imply your gender. Although, of course, i assumed you were a guy.

That is pretty rad though. the areo and wheels should be sick. does it have coilovers already?

Guest Calle

No offence taken at being called a guy, everyone assumes that and it doesn't bother me a bit.

Yes old HKS coilovers, they are in good shape but will hate life when the car gets slammed :P

Guest THUG

yeah. Im assuming by old, they are only spring perch adjustable and not heigh adjustable. that is always a fun way to lower a car.

Im slowly falling in love with the x90. i think with a kit they look pretty rad, and wide wheels.

Im probably making a bc roadtrip with a buddy of mine in his cefiro. I would like to meet up with some bc x chassis owners.

drift union invitational will be the time to meet people from all over the PNW

What would be the purpose of the water/ meth kit on a stockish car? would you be using it as a suplement for race gas?(which wouldnt be needed in your application) or would you be using it to cool the intake charge?

Guest Calle

What would be the purpose of the water/ meth kit on a stockish car? would you be using it as a suplement for race gas?(which wouldnt be needed in your application) or would you be using it to cool the intake charge?

I think you answered your own question there.......

First water/meth on stock intercooler, then later front mount when I don't feel so lazy.

from personal experience ive never seen any real gains from a water meth kit on a stock setup is basically what i was trying to say... unless your running out of octane and dont want to run race gas water/meth just turns into a headache

Guest Skitzo

As iliv2drift said, doesn't look to be a TRD edition. TRD has a completely different front bumper, shitty spoiler, TRD suspension n shit. That's not to say the owner in Japland didn't change the bootlid and front bumper...

Oh hey. Another neighbor Canadian. X100 good stuff. I can't wait to see it slammed. Only thing I don't like is the stock spoiler, (or any for that matter).

Yeah, don't bother with the meth right now. Get an r154 :).

Guest Calle

Oh hey. Another neighbor Canadian. X100 good stuff. I can't wait to see it slammed. Only thing I don't like is the stock spoiler, (or any for that matter).

Yeah, don't bother with the meth right now. Get an r154 :).

Fuck that, I have a S13 coupe for clutch kicking at DDays. Anyway, 5 spd swaps are for insecure boys who need a shaft in their hand at all times :)