Guest Jspec603

Aero Type II?

Aero Type II  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's waiting to see Type II before choosing another kit?

• Yea, hurry up and show us this shit!
    • No, going with a different kit.
    • Fuck Aero!
  2. 2. Should Type II be made stronger?

• Yea, type l is thin as shit.
    • No, type l is fine the way it is.
    • Dunno, never had the chance to look at type l.

Hey Ya'll whatup.. WOW a poll on our aero. . Well

First off.. The kit(s) is 100% on.

Let me start with a bit of insight.

As some of you know, I'm pretty heavy into VIP cars and VIPstyle influence etc. Studying magazines since 2003 I've seen the styles change, progress, regress and come full circle. Throughout those changes I've always liked the really clean, not too low almost OEM or euro style kits in that scene. Just a super clean car extremely low on sick rims. Wheel Biased. The wheels are the crowning jewel in the picture, the car and aero frame and compliment them, not overpower them These type of kits usually integrate more modern styling cues like diffuserish rears, rear marker reflectors/lights, vents, foglights, LED running lights, etc.

The SERIALNINE Type 1 was created becuase I felt it was one of the "cleanest" available kits for X8 chassis back then, a balance between an agressive"drift" kit and something to accent the stock body. BUT I 've always felt it was also Aero biased on 80% of the cars i've seen it on. Not everyone is running 19x10.5's and has crazy fender work. etc. to match the aero. Not to mention I had to regulate my ride height with my aero. even simply going across the border to drift events, i'd rip my rear bumper off almost every time. (Border guards dont like that much) I've always wanted something sleeker and higher so I could DRIVE my slammed car and not worry about aero getting fucked on everything. and something that didn't need ridiculous rims to look awesome.

Enter the SERIALNINE X8 Type 2 Aero kit.

The Type 2 kit is a very sleek "clean" looking kit designed to modernize the car, bring it into the 2000's if you will. YES this was a concept i've had forever.. But did not have the resources/time/help to bring it into fruition. I cannot show you pics yet. partially because i've changed the skirts 5 times already. and I dont want people to generate an opinion on some half assed not even close to finished photos. Also with this being the first time i've ever made aero FROM SCRATCH, i'm not 100% on how many times it will take to get right, and I dont wanna create hype or take money for anything less than top notch.

I will however describe some facts on the new kit.

-The lowest height is not lower than the rocker panel pinch seam. (The framerail is lower than the sideskirts so drag frame all day!)

-The front is much shorter and higher than the Type 1 kit. (Enabling you to get into driveways or have the car a full inch lower than you can with the Type 1 kit)

-The rear bumper is SHORTER than the Type 1 as it is modelled off the GX81 almost "rollpan" looking bumper. (Giving it a smaller/cuter ass and changing the overall length noticably)

-The complete kit will have lower door pieces (to smoothly integrate and transform the lower body and give it a more modern look) These are optional but the kit will look weird without them.

-The bumpers will have NO trimline. i've always fucking HATED the X8 trim Bye Bye 1980's

-The aero is reinforced (thicker) in critical areas (attachment points and areas prone to scraping)

-The aero will take approx FOUR to FIVE MONTHS to get produced AFTER I finish the prototype (When we will take photos and show the final productand take deposits.) This is one of the main reasons I havent said anything as it is still quite far away.

-They are made in the same factory to the same high quality spec as our Type 1 kits.

This kit is designed to look good with moderate wheel/tire packages and AWESOME with aggressive-retarded wheel/tire packages. It will look good with 17x9's even. This kit favors SUPER LOW ride heights.

-Front +25mm fenders (same as mine) are a definite possibility. The only current setback is I need a mint Driver side fender as mine was/is fucked.

-Drop vent hood as well.

We are also making an X7 Type 1 kit at the same time.

-These update the look to a 1pce bumper style (a la AE86 aero or VW Golf Big vs Small bumper)

-The style of this aero compliments the X7 and is boxy and stylish

-Rear bumper is similar to what I had on the wagon but lower, quite short.

-Side skirts are boxy and simple, not lower than pinch seam.

-Overall style is slightly lower than stock with a lip, lean front and rear bumper, Wheel Biased kit will look good with most rim combos even 15's.

-Imagine a Run Free AE86 but slightly larger with 4 doors and you're not too far off.

-Rear trunk wing for X7

-Hood with intergrated URAS vent.

NOW to address some concerns or potential concerns.

-I will NOT take deposits untill I KNOW a realistic completion/ arrival date. My shipments come from overseas on a shared container with other companies, timing is DETERMINED by THEIR schedule, NOT mine. It is however usually every three months + or - a couple of weeks. I had issues in the beginning with Type 1 deposits trading hands and this and that so UNTIL I have a detailed schedule, I wont take any money.

-These kits WILL get made, speculate or hate all you want, I have already shown that my aero is high quality, well finished, and proper fitting. It is produced in a large overseas factory that makes thousands of other kits, they only make aero. All I have to do is send my final prototype for moldmaking.

-"Type 1 is too thin" Well, Type 1 is EXACTLY like every high quality JAPANESE aero kit. The front bumper is actually reinforced in a few areas. (the lower "lip" where it gets scraped, and where it meets the front fender and you put your zipties through.) If you make aero too thick or thicker, it becomes much heavier, and usually 4 zipties are all that hold it to the car, heavier aero is more prone to falling off or requiring addtional attachments hindering quick removal and installation. Lightweight and "strong enough" are key features of proper aero. Another thing, for drift cars, the aero gets either smashed or hit quite often, if the aero is too burly, the CAR itself gets damaged more often (fenders/lights/rear quarter/intercooler). EXAMPLE. I wall rode the PLASTIC barriers at PGP sortof backwards. My aero was simply scratched, BUT my quarter panel, where the bumper meets the body, was pushed in a significant amount, as if i got rear ended. JUST FROM THE AERO!!. I couldn't believe it. As I said earlier, Type 2 will be reinforced in critical areas, but will not be any thicker overall.

That is all so far, and I guess the cat is sorta out of the bag. WE'll keep you updated on our progress and MAYBE a sneak peek or two along the way.

Our goal is to have these kits in stock by JULY. So dont hold your breath, and we thank you for your interest in SERIALNINE products.

G.

sounds good man.

only question, the trim line offers a good door bumper for parking lots. will it be possible for the type 2 to be fitted with a trim line? or would it be better to invest in some other sort of door bumper?

Jsut to give you guys some ideas . .Since its probably hard to visualize. .. Here are a few cars that are my inspiration.

4175041142_f556ba9071.jpg

IMG_3052.jpg

IMG_3129.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG-mode-nutto-45.jpg?et=j%2BOPxE%2Bw7lxO33vEZS5LEg&nmid=322622198

390431822.jpg

4299670548_33175acb2b.jpg

b3.jpg

So ya.. basically it will be sick.

G.

sounds good man.

only question, the trim line offers a good door bumper for parking lots. will it be possible for the type 2 to be fitted with a trim line? or would it be better to invest in some other sort of door bumper?

If you look at most modern cars they have no door bumpers. Clean looking. no trim.

G.

I not a aero guy but if it comes out looking like that celsior im going to have to reconsider.

Dear G,

We feel left out.

Sincerely,

X9 Owners

P.S. I know the market is quite small but God damn it, I want S9 aero! Also, since Mikey' Mark II was lost (RIP :((((( ), will there be another X9 added to your guys' line up or should my dream of X9 S9 (that sounds awesome together by the way) be put to pasture?

Dear G,

We feel left out.

Sincerely,

X9 Owners

P.S. I know the market is quite small but God damn it, I want S9 aero! Also, since Mikey' Mark II was lost (RIP :((((( ), will there be another X9 added to your guys' line up or should my dream of X9 S9 (that sounds awesome together by the way) be put to pasture?

Ya too bad about that cuz it was gonna be team 789 drifting this year cuz we had the full lineup. .but ya. . too bad.. mikey's in an X8 now so all good. But we have no aero for X9 sorry. . And no more X9 currently.

G.

Guest THUG

So pretty much going for a modified stock look then?

Just a sleeker front and rear bumper with side skirts and it all flows

Holy fuck!!!!! This is the kind of body kit i have always wanted for my car. Now how the fuck are we going to get this kit over to me in Japan G!?!?!!

Guest Skitzo

Agree with Zale! I'll just have to keep an eye out for X90 chaser sideskirts, rear pods, and get a rear diffuser. Bodykit + my ride height will not end will here in austraaaaaalia

Super keen to see this new kit though.

Guest Gaijin Smash Wayhoff

IMG_3129.jpg

So ya.. basically it will be sick.

G.

If you base it off this front bumper, I completely agree.

Guest THUG

This kit seems to be getting a lot of praise from people. that is a good sign for G and Serial nine. Things seem to be looking up.

From my opinion and the look i want from my X8, this type 2 doesn't seem like its going to be for me.

I like the flared out, bell bottom, scrape everywhere, look.

Which is why i am happy the BN kit is getting made. And i am happy this type 2 s9 kit is being made. I think it will balance it out and there will be a choice for everyone. the people who want no kit, the people who want a higher, sleeker kit, and the people who want a flared out, bell bottom kit.

The x8 parts options are getting better and better every month.

With all the stuff xm has put out, the BN kit, the s9 type two kit. and all the other parts S9 is going to release. Super excited for the steering mod they have. X8 parts have never been better. its a great time to get into the scene

this rear bumper style would be super rad. i hope you posted this pic because you're considering it lol

b3.jpg

Guest RoyRogers

I am 100% on the same fucking intense page as rayray all day. that rear bumper/diffuser shit looks so fucking rad. good shit G.... i literally can not wait for this shit to drop.

Guest Jspec603

I'm right there with you guys also. Love the sleek look! Depending on final production, this will be my first choice in aero, will work well with the wheels I already bought too!

I blasted a motorcycle, ditch jumped at E-town and smacked the rear end into plenty of cones, curbs, etc. After all that, my S9 type I aero really only needs minor repair. Very impressed with quality.

I like what I'm seeing with the prototype stuff here.

ew. amg wanna be? gross. cmon richard.

honestly, that aristo would look fucking awesome if it was all oem everything, same phoenix gold, and the wheels all full gloss black. that would be neat.

i hate vip/showoff/aids/hellaflush aristos. i like them super clean stock looking with good meaty wheels/tires.