Mitch

Xcessive Polyurethane tranny mount

bwcress - it just looks that way. It is still above the frame rails of the chassis, you can drag frame and not hit that bolt.

this^

Guest DuaxMachine

In all the years of working on Toyotas, I have never seen a tranny mount stripped out.

Frame rails are fine if you bottom out on a flat chunk or road, but does nothing if you put 2 wheels off the pavement.

Then the frame rails do nothing to protect the crap down the center of the car from being torn up.

And I don't understand the big bolt in the middle.........

Some stock mounts have that to take some of the load off the rubber, but makes no sence on a Kazama type mount.

Gordon - have you ever hit the factory trans x-member on anything in all the years of owning your cress?

Guest DuaxMachine

I have put pavement rash on that large head bolt that Toyota uses to keep the rubber mount from pulling apart.

Can I buy that thing without your bottom plate, or center stud, and without the plating ?

(I don't like trying to weld things that are plated)

If want any part custom ordered just email Rich@Xcessivemanufacturing.com. As for the center bolt and the studs they hang just lower then the factory center bolt. It is no worse than the factory piece.

Ordered this and the urethane mounts to go with it. Can't wait to get them installed. Just curious, how long does shipping usually take to FL? I ordered them on 5/24, but never got a tracking number.

Just back on JZXP after a little down time, I am assuming that you got your email and parts?

Guest Rue

Just bought one of these for my ae86 and am really happy with what XM made. Great quality part and super easy to install. Only part I didn't like is having to cut a couple of slots in my transmission crossmember to clear the bolts that hold the new mount assembly together. All in all it was a very small sacrifice for the improvements gained over the original mount. Shifter doesn't move around a ton when I'm getting on and off the throttle heavily. I'm a happy guy. Thanks Rich.