Sign in to follow this  
bippu

WTB: A Good Front Mount Intercooler

Alright guys, I'm really hitting a wall on this one. I need your help.

Greddy wants to charge me $1500 for a fucking 4 row CORE, not even a full kit, and I get 40 off on all Greddy shit, how gay is that? .. I even found a 4row kit on ebay for an R34 GTR at $1500...kind of a better deal since it comes with piping, but it's twin entry to i'd still need to fab an end tank. This is my last resort.

I need to upgrade from my current Greddy core since I will be pushing much more power next year, I want to push the car hard.

What I'm asking is that you guys keep your eyes out for the following list of intercoolers for me. If you see it on another forum you frequent, please email me at bippu147@live.ca and let me know.

I am looking for these in good condition, new or used, as long as it's not beat to fuck:

-HKS Type R

-Greddy 4 or 5 row, R core only

-ARC 4 row

-Apexi 4 row

-Blitz 4 row

Thanks bro's

Guest DuaxMachine

I see that you realize what these will cost.

Oh, and most of the Japanese do not sell intercoolers by number of rows, they sell them by core thickness.

So just what are you after as far as size (length, height, thickness) and inlet/outlet diameters ?

I personally have an ARC meant for an R32 to go on my X8.

About $1200 used these days.

But not for sale.

I have an HKS 'V' mount RX7 intercooler coming in, but it is probably smaller than what you are looking for.

maybe buy just a core from someone like spearco, turbonetics, etc? That kid with that streetfighter z is local to me, bought a 4'' core off ebay, built his own end tanks, done. I know you don't buy bootleg shit, thats why I mentioned spearco and some others. My cousin does diesel performance shit and his boss does custom intercoolers on trucks using spearco cores. IIRC theyre like 700ish?

Full RAce sells garret cores, gotta call for pricing, biggest I see at vibrtant is only 3.5" thick

Duax 4.5"-6.5"

There is a difference between an ebay core, and a quality japanese core. I have logged and tuned a lot of cars to know the difference, and to know how much more power you can make with a proper core. I understand that there are companies like Spearco and Bell that can make a core to my specifications, and it will probably do the job.....BUT I have zero experience with these cores and I don't have enough data to justify buying one. I want something that i know will work. Japan cores only bro.

Guest DuaxMachine

Crap, now you made me feel inadiquit.........

My ARC is only 3" (a direct Skyline replacement size).

It was OK when I was just shooting for 500 hp (smaller turbo than what I have now).

And I have been deluding myself into thinking that I can get buy with it.

But bottom line, the larger the flow area that an intercooler has, the slower the air speed through it.

And the slower the air speed, the less pressure drop the system sees, but more importantly, the more time the air has to shed heat, and the cooler the discharge will be.

bippu, are you interrested in a GReddy twin boost gauge ?

You tap right off the turbo for one pressure source, and off the manifold to see what pressure is when it gets through the system.

Both needles are on the same shaft, so at a glance you can see how little of the turbo's pressure is actually getting to the engine.

I also have an HKS twin temp gauge, one sensor is before intercooler, the other is after the intercooler.

Shows how efficiant the intercooler is at reducing air temp.

I had brought 2 of each in years back, one set for myself, and one for my son.

But he thinks I am nuts for having a dash that looks like a 747 cockpit......