Sign in to follow this  
Guest DuaxMachine

Engine - Unofficial JZXproject 7M build thread.

so whos gonna run their 2jzge on z32 electronics? Coil on plug? hmmm

I have a very large sellection of hammers.

i call those "ford tools"

Guest Lofty

Regret reading this. I've daily'd my 103,000 miles 7m, beat it, hit rev limiter every day, and all is still well with it.

Sadly I feel as if this is the most abuse it's ever seen in it's life, that or I might have one of those "special" engines that don't seem to die. My friends are convinced it will last forever, but I feel it is on it's way out already. To add to the RETORQUE YOUR FUCKING HEAD STUDS TC.NET bullshit, I spoke with 2 Toyota techs, both MK3 enthusiasts, they swear that you should not touch your headstuds, as it will do more harm than anything. I figure I should also post this because if you search/read anywhere about 7m's everyone will tell you to retorque your headstuds, and that is absolute bullshit, and that lie needs to end right now, as it makes things worse.

Personal experience, my friends MK3 had it's head studs retorqued, a week later it popped, and then he went JZ. Bro, cool. Don't touch your headstuds.

Also, this should be a given, but if you are stupid enough to drive your 7m powered Cressida an hour a way to the drift event, make sure to not stay on the track for more than a couple of passes, and let your shit cool down for a good 15 minutes. I feel all this should be a given, however I seem to be one of the few idiots that can keep this thing running great as well. If I'm not drifting it, I never exceed 2k before shifting. It's either full out balls to the walls throttle or driving it very calmly. Had my valve covers off tonight, and it is very clear there is a lack of oil in the heads, as my cams on my 100k mileage motor have scarring on the lobes, and the oil looks definitely cooked in it. I feel an oil cooler would be very beneficial to having this engine stay alive. The spark plug cover is an obvious design flaw, as it appears to be made out of fucking cardboard. I feel as if 6 bolts are okay for our cranks, however, as 8 is overkill, as 6 is a common used bolt pattern for a lot of different engine cranks. A big design issue is that the fucking intake runs right over a hot exhaust manifold. This is just plain stupid, but I guess there was no other way.

I feel this could have been a great engine had they done more research and development on everything.

I'm running on, some of you might think this is stupid information, but I wanted to add it to this thread, I hope someone could find information on the shit that matters more easily as opposed to wading through "HOW D0 I TAKE MY STEERING WHEEL OFF?" threads on TC.

I am waiting for this engine to pop and go JZ, as the sooner it pops, the sooner I go JZ. I wonder when that day will come.

--Scott

Dunno if anyone saw this:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2011/12/piston-slap-of-head-bolts-bad-ass-sedans/

Guy just got a Cressida, super psyched about how awesome it is stock (typical tc.net prospect) and asks the resident "expert" whether or not to re-tighten head bolts. "Expert" says yes. Fail impending...

But but but... supramania told me I could get the same results by buying a haggard ass JDM 7M and an ebay gasket kit! Freshen it up and it will run forever!

My last GTE build was done right...and I could have done two JZ swaps for what it cost. Fuckin' stupid. Everything for that 7M was expensive because the aftermarket support was so weak. Eventually parted out when I got sick of MK3s, and I got raped. The motor wound up in Push's X8, hasn't run since.

nothing he touches runs.

Hell, take it out now, and sell it as a 'running' 7M........

might be able to fund a swap on some stupra faggots wallet

Guest 00000000

AMEN. Got a X8 on the cheap and my brother did a quick rebuild just so we could have it running (didn't have money for a proper motor at the time) so I'm draggin' around a 7m currently ;[. Either way, this year I'm swapping it out ASAP.

Guest 00000000

How much? Or, if you've made a posting for it just link me and I'll take a look there.

Cool work Gordon now make us Jz electric water pumps. Would be cool to circulate between runs off an aux battery. I have a comPlete 1j hydro pump here you can fuck with if you ever feel like doing this

machine or mannequin? domo. sorry, jamming styx

Guess someones already on top of it, $399 aint so bad I guess. Not worried about 10hp, but wouldn't mind circulation after beating on the bitch. those with water cooled chra's might like this too

sorry to jz up your black panther party. carry on

Fucking insane! Love this shit.

gordan your fucking crazy. only person in the world willing to do so much to a 7m...... goodshit either way, i kinda want to hear your itb's considering how piped out your car already sounds...

I bet you whovere designed the 7M would probably be doing a face palm if he see's gordon's shit.

i just want to hear it run. Gordon, have you thought about putting this into something like a MKII Supra instead of an X8?

Guest Piner

^ It would be really badass in a MA46, High reving ITB'ed straight six in a MKI supra would be sick.

this is more like the: "what we all wanted the 7M to be when we first bought one" thread.

:thumbsup:

Guest Gaijin Smash Wayhoff

This thread gives me so many ideas, none of which I have the time or resources to perform. So I'll just keep living vicariously through this project. Good work!

is it possible there was a carb in other markets....?

Sign in to follow this