Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marky_trd

IC Piping

Guest Marky_trd

Wassup guys, im about to run a 1jzgte in my 89 cress. And was wondering if ne one could post pics of how they did their piping and intercooler placement. Ive searched but i dont rlly see in depth pictures.

One more question Will the driftmotion ic work?

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-1jzttmk3ickit.php

Its 24"x12"x3". Would tht be good for stock twins?

Nd if tht driftmotion one wont wrk, can u guide me into what i should cop. Thanks fellas

Get a project-ass universal ebay IC kit with junk cast end-tanks and a bunch of random tubes and t-bolt clamps and couplers. Then go out and make friends with someone who has a TIG. Sometimes beers or the occasional BJ from "your girlfriend" (aka a crackwhore) goes a long way to convincing your new "friend" that he should weld up your IC piping for you at no charge.

That's how I made my setup happen, except I just sent my dad to work with a 6 pack and a bunch of chopped up and marked pipes. He got his co-worker to TIG it all up on lunch break. Someone with a bead-roller is good too. Nobody likes having couplers pop off.

Guest Marky_trd

LOL ill try that one. But the dm one could i get the

Ic alone nd get random pipes. I have someone tht can weld n shytee. Plus im not going over 500hp even in yhe future so just putting it out there. Nd whered u run ur piping?

look in members' rides (AKA fuckin' showoffs). about 4 out of 5 X8's here with 1J's run the same setup. all you need is like 3 ft of pipe and 4 couplers

ps. where's your intro

WTF?!! You faggots are entertaining this gay ass bullshit?!!?

Gtfo out mr.I-can't-look-at-pictures-and-make-a-simple-decision

pictures not even needed. pop the hood and look at your own car. see where shit is and where it isn't and determine where to route your piping.

Dude, use compete words. for fuck's sake.

I ran my IC piping under the headlights, through the rad support. You really just need to get your IC and piping and go at it,

i did mine with a bunch of free leftover 2.5" pipes from zokustyles old build, a couple aluminum wheels on a grinder, and about an hour of tigging. 3" holesaw punched right under my headlights, profit.

i talk shit like a hardass but what i really did was buy the cheapest piping kit and give it to a guy at a ship with a cutoff wheel and a welder and said "make it work."

but i kept a/c components and abs so the clearances are fucking tight. if you're ditching that shit you have room to play.

Sign in to follow this