huckersideways

A testament to self loathing.

God I want that turbo so hard. Took 17psi on the he341 to make it cut at 5400ish iirc. Run 11-14 and I should be fine

I've known Monks for about ten years or so. Tuttle for about the same. Monks' motor is on my shop floor, transmission is in my car and wheels may or may not make their way on my car. There was more than one issue with getting the wide body, that with a few other speed bumps he just doesn't want to car any more.

Here's for hoping Kyle.

Well it's fair enough. Hard to really care and keep motivated when there's no real things to do with it. Sparce events, not many friends into cars, let alone people to help and hang out. I get it. Wish they'd move out here to the island.

It is. Alberta is dead.

Rocky Mountain drift club got approval from the township of clarisholm after 10 months of fighting to run small events on a concrete pad at the clarisholm airport. Apart from snobs I'm Calgary putting on super shitty auto cross events which don't count for fuck all, all there is is drag racing. So I say again, Alberta is dead.

Monks might move back to Vancouver, but only to get out of this place. I've been thinking about it but I would never make enough money to justify leaving. All the car guys our age have moved on, and all there is left are kids who don't really get it despite some having decent cars. So we hide in our basements and shops, working mediocre jobs we hate waiting for the opportunity to move to something better.

And really, there never is anything better.

that turbo. <3

do a short runner, bottom mount manifold for it... like a beefed up, individual runner stock manifold.

I loose sleep to thoughts of that setup.

If your in Ontario...Kingston area... for any reason, give me a ring.

Bottom mounts also lead to turbos pushing oil out, because of the less than ideal drain that an under hung turbo ends up with.

Just ask GReddy why they stopped producing them........

SS7Mturbo-2.jpg

The only way to get them to work was to have a separate drain reservoir under the turbo, for all the foaming drain oil to flow into, and a scavenge pump to push it back into the pan. The pump & electric motor needed to be able to take 500 degree oil.

Had one good point, as you could put an oil cooler after the pump, and keep the turbo oil from heating up the main oil supply.

But all in all, a real pain in the ass......

7MGTZE1.jpg

Nigga's engineering skills are like his literary skills... full of LOOSE ends.

No tq because dipshit didn't know how to read wasted spark by changing settings, or was lazy. But as you can see, expect to make 325-335whp without hitting cut. We were trying to ease into throttle on the longer runs. Shoulda took one to redline at partial throttle. Wish I still had the logs from the runs.

00B3DF58-7D35-4BB2-9A66-895438276D52_zps

I did 341whp with a 3076r on a log manifold at 1 bar on all stock electronics minus safc and 440cc injectors. Tried more boost but hit fuel cut so thats about what you can expect without an fcd.

you caught me Kyle. LOL speling

Gordo, do you have any details on the turbo drain system on the kit that has a problem? I built a very low mounted turbo system for a Honda CRX a few years back and was at the time dealing with oil drain issues, but a few tips from the turbo builder (reman'd turbo) and we solved that pretty quickly.

your right though, bottom mount can be a pain for oil systems.

what kind of serviceability do you need @hucker? pulling turbos isn't something that you do very often/ever...

When I have to remove it, which I will, I want it to be a five minute job. I'm trying to un fuck idiot engineering on this car - of which I'm extremely surprised there is very little - I simply don't want anything I'm going to have to do down the line to be an orchestrated ordeal.

Gordon the reality of what your suggesting albeit true, isn't used in places like Japan where bottom mount manifolds are extremely common, and it looks and sounds like a complete nightmare. In fact that picture that was posted caused me to have yet another stroke. I'll just mount everything the right way up.

Then don't buy the drift motion manifolds.

Duck those things

Haven't used a DM vvti manifold, but all their other Chang-Chongs have done the job.

I hate how their runners are to short to get the nuts on the studs and or the studs hit the runners on the bottom.

I fixed that with a ball peen hammer. Serially.

I'm still not going to buy another chinafold unless I'm completely desperate. Which I don't foresee happening ever.

DF74A047-A40C-492A-8765-5B65C8214D86_zps

Theory has it this will hold in the transmission. Going to finish clearancing / section ing the tunnel so there's absolutely no rub and then I can start putting this garbage back together.

In other news I'm abandoning ship on the metal overs idea with this car, and going to pick up a full Origin raceline kit in the next couple few weeks IF everything pans out.

Looks good.

What gauge steel did you use.

Thanks. I think it's 12, or 14. I don't remember. But it's heavy enough if I threw it at someone or something it would be extremely unpleasant. I almost threw it at the car today but better judgement kicked in.

98067F8D-9D34-4369-B03A-7E7B2F922A0D_zps

Don't rightly know what I'm doing with all this but. Guess we'll see. Origin Japan didn't send the skirts apparently so I get to wait probably until March. I forgot how much of a farce it was having other people get things for you was.

Oh my vape hella fleek tires aren't mad stretched. Too fucking bad my cars going to turn and stop now right? Oh and not ride like complete shit.

C2EF8408-38FE-4871-8143-CDE6332BCFF6_zps

I can tell who grew up with legos, and those who grew up with erector sets.