huckersideways

A testament to self loathing.

Holy shit

Yeah 70cents pretty sad

1.00 CAD = 0.705592 USD Canadian Dollar US Dollar 1 CAD = 0.705592 USD 1 USD = 1.41725 CAD

Holy fuck. I made that a year and a half ago, everyone said i was retarded for it, so went back to doing it like everyone else, and now that faggot is selling them for 320$ a pop, 10 minutes from my goddamn house.

Na, I've given up......

But I'm probably going to put my auto back in,

just to be less of this sickness of finding any cheap manual swap, no matter how bad it is..........

Now if OS Giken were to make a true performance gear set for the thing, I might change my mind.

Wait, this is the broke-ass cressida club, and no one could afford it anyway.

I still dont see what makes you so mad ratio wise. The only thing i hate about the ratio's is thee big 1st -2nd gear gap, after that it feels great, although i'd love some 3.55 gears for my car.

Well I had a 4l80 I could have used to make your ratio rage worse, but id have to cut the tunnel out of my pickup to get it to fit. And it weighs three million pounds.

Austin do you have 3.9's now?

But if you go back to automatic you'll lose 20% hp in heat/ parasitic loss.

which will force you to succumb to viewing tail lights of a car powered by a 1jz.

1st to 2nd is nothing compared to the 5th to 6th......

When in the fuck have you ever seen 6th gear on a road course? I haven't. Granted i havent been on road atlanta with this trans, but i doubt even there i'd see 6th, especially once i drop to a 3.55. 6th gear is for highway cruising. Its overdrive. In porsche land, 6 speeds are double over driven.

The CD is basically double OD, granted my old car was severely down on power, 5th gear was sketchy at best.

It's not perfect. But the fact I can go across the street and buy a new gearbox and go to napa to buy a clutch is why I did this. Sort of against what this entire car is but, I have to justify using an impractical car as a practical one to myself somehow.

5th is 1:1 which is the same as 4th gear in almost all 5 speed transmissions.

I should have said, with 3.55 it's like double overdrive. Like. I drove it for six years like that. I don't know how but towards the end it was like chewing on wallpaper paste.

And this is how much this garbage doesn't fit. Got a porta power today, should make this shit butter.

5CB18CFB-D405-46B0-9E0F-C8A9516BDA1D_zps

15632C3E-81B9-4B28-B5DA-FB37FF1C68D4_zps

98551739-50A7-41C0-860E-ECDDB5ECA39C_zps

Realistically it doesnt look any lower than the frame rails, i'd say just jam with it.

hey. if you can, bolt up the stock trans cross member before jacking out the tunnel. seems to me that might be a good idea.

It was by quite a bit. I have some more squeezing to do yet but there's room with some 'gentle' persuasion.

On a side note don't pinch yourself with a porta power. It's unpleasant.

Kyle I was thinking that as I was smashing out these last two ridges with a hammer that's too damn small.

Well despite my best efforts to keep the interior mostly in place, I'm going to have to pull the dash to do this properly. The rear section of the transmission still hangs an inch below the main outer frame rails, and that simply will not do.

Could be worse, porta power will be perfect. How far forward is the front face of the bell housing? Honestly parts availability and how cheap I could replace the clutch for did it for me.

The bell is the adapter width ish away from the back of the engine. I'm just trying to get it in there with room to spare for the time being. Porta power and this shitty trans jack have been super handy. After I'm done some jobs/paperwork tomorrow I'll see how far I can get again. Also have to pull the tcase out of my parts jeep and pull it apart to steal the input shaft, and put that in the new center diff tcase I picked up. Something about not having enough hours in the day.

You can get a clutchmasters twin disc at the same price as any 'good' r154 twin.

I can buy a new cd009 for the cost of overhauling an r154, never mind finding and buying one.

I was more than prepared to make this oversized gearbox fit in a chassis that in all fairness wouldn't fit any other 'custom' swap. Never mind a piece of fucking shit R or W.

The only headache I get is when people tell me what I should be doing. Not trying to re invent things so they can actually be 'improved'. So please, fuck off.

Nigel, why would you bother commenting that when he already has a cd009 in hand and is half way to making it fit already. Let the man do his work and provide information to the jzxp community in peace.