Kyle

from housewife to pick-a-pull

Kyle, when you come down to pick up your bumper, you will have to give me a quick course on setting up my Tig to weld aluminum.

I have to weld up my ITB manifold before I go to the old folks home, or insane asylum, which ever comes first.

I am slacking for real. I'll write down the settings for you tomorrow as I have to go in and throw a muffler on the lexus. gf got a ticket for inspection, and nobody will pass it with half the exh.

As for the hoses, I'm trying to do away with all that crap. braided will replace the rubber crap soon.

So the steering wheel hub that came with the car decided to strip and almost kill me pulling into traffic. Luckily it probably wasn't for this car so not all of the splines engaged, so I was able to loosen the steering wheel nut, back it off, and pull the wheel back towards me to engage the 1/4" of splines. Drove it like that for two days to work and back til a coworker gave me a momo hub. Looks like the same bolt pattern as my wheel, cool! NOPE! I have a personal wheel. So I'm like fuck it I'll take this one off, put the chinker back on and limp to storage where the melon column is... NOPE! won't come off. 3 jaw puller is also in storage, where it turns out that the melon steering column is not, as it got tossed. FUCK! Ended up having gf roll me to the yard and picked up this IS wheel with airbag for super cheap. Has a good feel, fits, and will go in the sc when I get a new hub someday. I need to figure out the depth of the one that was on there because this and the momo I had to destroy to get off both sat closer to me which I don't care for so much.

705CD8E5-5C9C-46E5-8F10-092F1C28C787-665

Also finished the exh on the sc. It's the one I had on the x8, cut, reshaped, and different muffler. Aero turbine, full 4" turbo back. Sounds pretty damn good, especially driving. need to get a fly by video with accelerate/decelerate, no wastegate. With no load like this you can kinda hear the cracks in the manifold, prob about 4" worth and he341 still pegs 14psi in the low 3k range.

466A2133-5C58-4D23-B4A1-D5DEEFD091F4-665

And a friend gave me some free tires. Not sure how I'll Like it because they're gonna be stretched, but with the 1'' wider front and 9s I'll prob need that. Whatever I'll run the shit if I gotta raise it to keep from rubbing and have mexican poke because I'm fucking poor and they're free. And wheels still won't match, so effectively I'll have one of the most 240'd out cressidas on the board. suck it.

015_zps22faa309.jpg

Debating on running pairs on one side so it looks like it has matching wheels. need spacers though. Prob gonna do IS300 arp studs soon.

017_zpsbad0dc8d.jpg

011_zpsc50068e3.jpg

Your car is the first car to ever pull off gtc's in the history of earth because those wheels are fucking ugly, but on your car, judt this once, they look ok.

they look pretty good for free wheels!

They definitely weren't free, just the tires that will go on. Gtcs were from Gordon, ms01's from redbull. I wish I could find another ms01. A local wheel place told me the face of the one I smashed was warped or if rebarrel it

Guess II misread that but they do look awesome

How has this New Years resolution worked out Kyle?

Haha maybe soon, my driving sucks and this is my daily. Goal for this year with this car is:
Good tune
Finish a/c
Full exhaust, I got about half of it ready for weld now
Repair any possible future reliability issues
Solid color
Enjoy it

I have been playing with the emanage, have learned quite a bit so far. When I have it down a bit more, I'll post up. So far the auto-tune feature is kick ass getting you in the ball park for fuel. Just need to do some more samples, add all the parts I like together into my I/J maps and then find someone to do the timing stuff and clean further my I/J maps. I used bippus target afr advice from the going standalone thread, but added a bit more fuel to be safe. Holy shit loving 15psi daily

That was almost two years ago haha. Lets see, 2012 saw:

City harassment that led to the demise of the melon.

Gfs sc300 swap, which retained ice cold ac

A week later a holset in place of twins

Title issues with current car that didn't get sorted til almost mid 2013, taken off the road for 6 months.

Swapped it to vvti, then drove for 8 months illegally 50+ miles per day.

From August 2012 to August 2013 I had nowhere to work on my cars other than an hour here or there at work (rare)

2013:

Did brakes in the x8 behind the Kohl's twice, once for rears on sc.

I built an exh, then put it on the sc.

Built knick knacks for car

E85 fuel system and id1000s

Took that shit off and went stock turbo

Xm front shit

Spray painted one fender silver

So basically I haven't done shit I wanted to.

kevin this weekend i want to check your shop out shoot me a address

I'll hit you up sometime this weekend. I like money. Still don't really care about paint

If you like money you should think about selling me those volks you got off Gordo,maybe,someday.Just think about.Then I would have a complete set.

Cough yours up and keep the bs barrels. I only want the faces.

I can get more of those things out of Japan..........

So can you, there is like a million forwarding agents these days.

Cough up the faces fuck no.Never.They are already at the refinishing shop getting the full meal deal

Gordo I will pm you one of these day's in regards to helping me source out some 17x9j or bigger.

Well I just quit my job yesterday. And I'm still not coming off my wheels. Unless you find some ms01s. Hell, I'd come off both of these for one 17x8 +35 ms01. That's the only way.

need more welfare builds. my gf is on unemployment and i will be using her portion of rent and bills to do stupid shit to my cars.

I'm hungry. Wish I could get welfare. Maybe I can pull a reverse Michael Jackson then use my Obama card for some grass fed angus from whole foods