zokustyle

zokustyle X8 "NOBODY SAID IT WAS EASY" new pics pg21

I was iffy on the spokes after seeing them online, but they're not an issue in person.

and yeah, somehow. I do school during the week and finished out my first year with a 3.7 GPA, so only making messes on the weekends helps it look like less of a shit storm.

The car looks great Dustin, but those stickers just don't look right on the quarter panels, use the fancy ones you had made at least or just keep them to the windows. When I get my wheels and exhaust done on my car, we will have to have a photo shoot or something. Nothin like 2 silver non moonroof x8's together haha.

Yeah Darren, I agree on the stickers on the quarters. I got 24 inch lengths, forgetting how big the ass of a Cressida really is. They look too small on it. Ian owes me, maybe I'll have him cut me a couple big-as-fuck stickers in Cressida ass size.

And for sure, I'll have to put a video together or something. :)

Sounds good man, but on the stickers. That font is too generic for advertising your stuff. Maybe one of the cursive ones you have to go where the badges go on the trunk would look good and then one on the windshield. I helped Ian a little bit cutting some of those out haha.

Octopus wheels, bro.

Fuck they do look like octopi. Awesome!

@blackers10, the wheels were really close to the coilovers, I just wanted to keep both safe.

@cody, you bet. ;)

Guest Y0SH

You know you're doing good when the only thing on your car people don't like is the font/placement of a decal. Shit's looking good.

I haven't really been doing much lately, I've been busy with school and having a life.

I got tired of the Supra LSD and whatever gearing it had. I couldn't justify spending $1000+ for a diff from weir when I have more important things that money can go toward. I could just get a MK3 NA open diff and weld it to have the same effect. There was a local dude getting rid of an NA MK3 rear end, so I went through with that and welded the diff:

386844_10150988704450298_756955297_22500628_2096358574_n.jpg

Put together the necessary shit with poly bushings and got it in.

384515_10150992396060298_756955297_22512676_853037985_n.jpg

I only took it for a short drive to make sure everything was together and in order, but holy fuck stock 1J with 4.30 rocks hard. Anybody want the leftover diff? MK3 supra LSD in a cressida case, ready to rock.

Other than that, I'm just putting together a video of it:

312107_10150967380825298_756955297_22423696_2122761628_n.jpg

Fuck dude, I hate my 3.90 because I want to be just hitting 3k at 85mph on the freeway. 4.30 through an R154 means what at 60mph in 5th gear?

Thats tractor pull ratios right there.

Yeah a stockish 1jz with a w58 and 4:30 makes it very responsive and alot more fun to drive. Your running at 3k at 60mph in 5th but whatever. You should have called me up Dustin, I still have your old 4:30 diff laying around, it was leaking from the axle side seal so I just did my mk3 (4:30)diff upgrade anyway. I'm getting my exhaust done up tomorrow so it'll be a little more road worthy, full 3" stainless exhaust done for under $150. I may have to make a trip up north soon so we can hang out.

Shoot, Darren, I thought you were using it or got rid of it. That exhaust deal sounds rad, I need to tuck the exhaust on mine better and lose the can. And for sure, there's way good food in Bellingham.

I'm with Mark, 4.30 is it.

Did you move to Bellingham? Your parents sell the place in Blaine?

Yeah for awhile I was using it but it kept leaking out the driver side seal and I already had my old mk3/4:30 ready to go with Flipside Customs diff adapters so I said fuck it.

Guest mat.roberts

4.30 especially for a big single lol

Great car keep it up! Possible wheel specs?

Wheels are 18x9.5 +25.

So there's a lot of shit I'd like to happen to the car, we'll see what actually happens.

The power steering pump is chirping and groaning and the rack is leaking. So here's my plan of attack:

Reman pump

DM aluminum pulleys

DM power steering line

New serp belt

X7 rack

XM steering arms

XM heim outers

I figured while I'm in there, I might as well do it all.

Yep, they do that silly 9.75" thing on the 527, these are 522 and come 9.5"

I really didn't want to go any further than a 9.5" on the front.