zokustyle

zokustyle X8 "NOBODY SAID IT WAS EASY" new pics pg21

My 2j doesnt like my hx35, the turbine housing is too small. I'm going to be trying the CT4 Comp Turbo 6265 in a couple of weeks. :thumbsup:

Yup, surging, and at the high rpms, it seems to create too much back pressure. But it sure does sound sweet and spools fast.. but not so great for 6-7k rpm

I have this "anti surge plate" on mine or some shit. My turbo sponsor wants me to try to destroy it. Lol

HX35 might be ok on a 2.5L but honestly it's ancient technology and a super heavy rotating mass. If you can swing it, I would go with a ball bearing turbo and no more than a .75a/r on t3 or .70a/r on a t4. If you don't go ball bearing than I would recommend Borg Warner, specifically their FMW turbos. Mark loves his fancy titanium wheel awesome cool EFR's but the price is still a little dumb for a street car.

If you get a FMW that is sized around a GT35r then you will be a happy camper. And just get one of those bottom mount ebay manifolds and please recirc your wastegate. Your car is too nice to have atmospheric gate.

88.gif recirc your wastegate. Your car is too nice to have atmospheric gate.

Running wastegate's to atmosphere is to eliminate over boosting due to bad flow. Now it has become just something to do because it sounds "cool". Your wastegate is apart of your exhaust system and it is my belief that having a huge pressure drop in that system can dramatically alter flow up stream and lead to flow problems and mess with heat management.

I know it doesn't really matter, I just think these motors can sound just as cool at high RPM's without the whole 70's horror movie vampire hiss going on.

I will be penning a thesis and exploring this thought process on my next build. The findings will be published in the 'Journal of Bad Ideas' at the JZXP School of Witchcraft and Douchery.

someone w/ admin powers needs to rename a forum section "JZXP School of Witchcraft and Douchery" and guy smiley is the honorary headmaster.

there's only like 8 sections that aren't ever used to choose from.

Recirculated gate sounds awesome, and draws less unwanted attention. The open gate on my old 1.5j was fun at the track but got me in trouble a couple times on the street.

JZXP School of Witchcraft and Douchery.

This should be the new title for the tech section.

I ran a stock 7m exhaust with open gate once. It was fun making noise than then cruising by cops all silent.

Well I agree that the 1J/2J sounds great with or without, but even better w/ open gate. Call me a ricer. I like it.

Thanks for the gate discussion fellas, learned some new stuff.

But I think I might just go kinugawa and see what that's like. I need as little complications in my life as I can and a single setup is too much right now. Thinkin kinugawa + manual boost controller and rock out with less oil in my exhaust and intercooler.

I'm very interested to see how the Kinugawa works out because I will be needing an option soon myself. These motors are about to be in everyone's cars and shit will surely get expensive so I'd rather keep my really good stock turbo on a shelf and daily/destroy something else.

Bought kinugawa, should be here soon. Overnighted it from Taiwan.

For the diff crush sleeve, do I just tighten the living fuck out of it to set it or what? I set it to 135 ft lbs like the FSM says and I've still got like 1/8" play to the pinion.

I don't want to keep cranking on it if I'm doing something wrong because the nut is really tight but the pinion is still looser than I feel it should be. But I've also never done this so it is my first rodeo.

Did you try calling weir? Hes usually super cool about points on installing his shit

I think it was just set it so theres roughly no play and its not super tight

I've got the toyota one, not weir. Solved my problem, just had to crank the shit out of it til desired preload.

right i saw crush sleeve and just kept on reading haha my bad

So I've got a thumping in my diff on decel. It matches wheel speed. It's only on decel, goes away on cruise and accel.

Diff shimmed too tight? Not enough? Bearings somehow shit out? I checked all the bearings before reusing, they were all looking and feeling fine. Nothing is loose or leaking.

I'll try to get video of the noise for those that need to hear it. I don't know anything about bad differential noises.

This comes to mind...........

4B7E8195-85B2-4832-8A61-833DE2A504AF_zps

If there is any doubt,

there is no doubt...........

Don't fucking run it to get a sound bite, just pull it, and go back into it.