Guest Rue

Unfinished 1JZ X7 Dead Whores Status

Knocked out the wheel studs and Boston Mike machined the center hub to 2.360" to fit the center bore of the X7 rear rotors

IMG_0517_zps0bd06397.jpg

IMG_0518_zps561bfad5.jpg

IMG_0516_zps8bb14d45.jpg

Driver side rear 5-lug complete. New bearings and seals went on with the solid spacer and .040" worth of shim. Gonna buy a tire and throw it on the 17x10 and see how it looks. Need to buy rotors and parking brake shoes and pick up more shims for the passenger side and WhoreMouth's set.

most interested in the pictures of the wheels, and of general badassness

I dislike the poke. Contemplating going with 17X9's all around or doing fender work.

photo_12_zpsa59f6d4f.jpg

photo_2_zps3e20b19c.jpg

photo_3_zpsc1728e6e.jpg

that looks like it would a decent amount in the rear too, i kinow my 16x9 + 24 are super sunk in though haha

Camber kit is maxed at the most positive I can make it and it's toed in too much. I think it will be fine but it just looks a little rough to me.

Doesn't sit as low as I thought either but I'll see how it settles after I get both sides on the ground and rolling.

New rotors were bought last night so I'll have them in my hands to redrill this week.

Do the fender work.Roll and slight pull,and still maintain %100 factory look done and done.

I think the poke looks perfect.

Fuck 17x9's

Looking fucking good man.Needs some negative camber imo.Would make for less fender work.

Tell that to an F1 driver and he would laugh at you.

http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/set_up_mechanical.html Camber

Camber is the vertical angle of the wheels. But let's be honest here: you will probably never use positive camber in a modern F1 racing car. If you have to use it, you have to start to think about your car. Something is fundamentally wrong whit it.
When the wheels are angled in towards the top of the car, it is called negative camber, when they open up towards the top of the car (forming a "V" shape), it is called positive camber. What is the point of camber? Camber offers two opposed benefits. Setting up the camber so that most or all of the wheel is touching the ground in the curves maximizes grip while minimizing tire wear. This is because in a curve, as the gforces load laterally, the inside side of the tire grips more than the outside side, thus it tends to heat up (and wear out). Using the telemetry to view camber along a lap, you can adjust the settings so that camber of outside wheels is zero in the turns. That will give you at once a more "stable" feel in the corner.
As you increase negative camber, you increase a force called "camber thrust". When a cambered wheel enters a corner, the tread is actually pulled sideways away from the center. This outside warping creates a counter-force, as the tire "tries" to return to its normal shape. This opposite lateral force (back towards the inside) increases road holding, giving a boost to lateral grip in a corner. This is what camber thrust is. Put on too much camber however, and not enough of the tire is making contact with the road and grip is lowered dramatically. So the ideal situation is to put on as much negative camber as tire wear allows. Another thing to realize is that you can affect theoversteer/understeer characteristics of your car by manipulating the camber. More negative camber on the front will increase oversteer, while more on the rear will increase understeer.

My doctor told me that dialing in camber for aesthetic or fitment purposes is indicative of closet homosexuals and/or full blown homosexuals.

That being said, I bet Rue already put all 4 corners at -10.

so are those yours or did your GF have to let your put skid marks on her panties?

and what camber adjustments have you got on the rear. mine are maxed out and still neg 5 on rear camber

Camber kit is maxed at the most positive I can make it and it's toed in too much. I think it will be fine but it just looks a little rough to me.

Hey 4doorpoopusher can't you fucking read.^^

4doorpoopra doesnt realize that rue has camber kit, and he doesnt....

You guys only get the thumbnail sized preview... I got the full set in hi-res plus the HD videos.

I get it IRL 8/6/14

yes i figured he had a camber kit.... but whos? raptor doesnt seem to be making theirs anymore or are constantly out of stock

You're still fucking stupid... I'd give you the link but I'd rather tell you to go fuck yourself. You post steady fucking stupid shit... haven't seen one intelligent thing fall out of your mouth hole. I don't think you'll ever know how much I dislike you

who cares if you like me or not. i am not here to make friends on the interwebs, i am here to try and learn more about this fucking junk heap i decided to ruin my finances on.

so blah blah you hate me i hate your cat photo now that thats in the open how about that info on a camber kit. because i think i have pestered rich enough about making one.

Chris, I just about shot my monitor when I clicked on that link...........

You should worn people. :blink: