Guest Rue

Unfinished 1JZ X7 Dead Whores Status

That picture looks a lot cooler on my notebook than it does on the phone I just lost

Shit, sorry i never got back to you, but its probably better that you spoke to gordo. Is there any way you can fashon up another 2 of those that i can buy from you? I never replaced my hub's crush sleeves when i changed my stuff.

Thanks

True story... I tried contacting the few people I know of who still choose to try to do something with an x7 to see if anyone would be willing to put these on their car in hopes that it would make the bullshit rear suspension setup less likely to fail.

I offered them to Zoku but he no longer owns an x7. And even though you are part of the group of Canadian leg humpers, I was going to offer them to you as you are one of the only people who I could see putting them to the test. But... I gave you my contact info and obviously you weren't interested.

I chose my setup to make sure I wasn't breaking shit constantly. A stock 1uz, w58, and a 7.5" diff are well suited even with the occasional clutch kick but I'll never know if the solid bearing spacers make a difference.

I just thought of something.

A solid spacer acts like a stressed member, and will decrease flexing of the shaft it's self.

Most likely will stop breakage, as it effectively increases the shaft diameter.

This has all the signs of a rotational flexing failure, not a strait shear due to over powering.

(they shear off in a more flat pattern, this is christmas tree shapped)

12160763186_0c94452407_z.jpg

By going to the solid spacer, the flexing of the shaft, while rotating will be greatly reduced.

Example: Take a stack of 100 washers, and run a piece of 1/4" threaded rod, say a foot long, through them.

Place the ends of the rod on blocks.

By pressing down on them, the rod can be easily bent, as the washers can just move apart.

But, if you run a nuts up to the washers on each end, and tighten them, it's almost impossible to bend without applying way more force.

The stock crush sleeve flexes, due the the bellows in the center, and adds little strength.

I think Rue Machine has a winner in the works.

Talked to WhoreMouth... gonna make him a set of bearing spacers after I guinea pig them on my car and see how they work on his.

will those only work with the 5 lug conversion or can they work with the stock 4 lug setup? i want if it makes the car stronger.

You should anodize it black and market it as dope.

They key would be to make only like 4 or 5, but hype that shit uppppp! and never produce them again ;)

Love the ideas... Only if my shop can be relocated to the Dead Weight section.

If I have to explain whether or not it'll work on your 4 lug shit I won't make them for you. I don't see you being able to set it up correctly and I'm not going to hold your hand.

Don't be a dick. I just don't know if the spacing for the crush washer is the same on those setups.

Clue..........

If the 5-bolt shafts fit in the same housing, and use the same bearings, they maybe just are the same.

Besides, your on JZXP, being a dick is a right you earn by knowing shit, doing shit, and making shit.

i wish i lived closer tot he guy with the 8in rear, i wanna see what those hubs look like, if any different

The pic of the solid spacer is on a 4-lug stub... just to clear that up for ya. You like holding hands with tall, skinny, white boys?

Not that it matters to me but does the spacer you made taper on inside similar to how the shaft tapers? it probably doesnt even mater im just curious

Somewhat... it's necessary. The inner diameters of the inner and outer bearings are not the same so there is a 45 degree step going from the smaller diameter to the larger.

I'm still waiting on the new stub axles to show up to start testing the solid spacer. New seals showed up on Thursday. Just need to get new bearings here.

Just confused by the fact that you posted 5 lugs and then what you where holding had no studs in it so its are to see all your holes. What are you charging if you do make a run of these?

Boston Mike finished the rest of the solid sleeves today. He makes nice shit

IMG_0494_zpseefd96fc.jpg

IMG_0495_zpsbbc34c57.jpg

Does Boston Mike happen to be a ginger?

Guess he's been in Texas awhile as he's dressed in standard beaner/redneck attire.