Guest Rue

Unfinished 1JZ X7 Dead Whores Status

So I picked up these aluminum subframe bushings from NODrifter a few months ago. He claimed they were from Serial Nine. They look like shit. Hole sizes are different. Some have been reworked with aluminum sleeves... complete bullshit. Options were to sell them off, take a loss, and start fresh or use what I got and fix the fucked up shit.

I finished tearing apart the entire rear suspension tonight and after looking at everything I've decided to use what I've got and turn it into nice shit. We'll see how it turns out.

What I'm starting with...

IMG_0073_zps1e50081f.jpg

I didn't do much to them. The uppers only needed the ID machined larger for the stainless steel sleeve I'm making and on the larger bushing I made a finish cut on the OD only because they still had the rough finish left by the previous machinist leaving it from raw stock.

IMG_0685_zps55e869c3.jpg

Should be ordering ms123 hubs this week to 5-lug the rear. Just waiting on the shipping quote

I do like x7 parts!!! where you ordering those hubs from? also why you got that out you should do the camber mod

Hubs are coming from Amayama at a fair price. I'll go back through your thread and look into this camber mod

i dont have it yet. its brackets that you replace by cutting out and welding onto your outter subframe mounts

Guess just slotting the ones on the car, like we have been doing on 510 Datsuns for 45 years is too hard for today's 'tuners'.

My inexperience with the older Cressida shows up again...........

Aaron, what is the distance between the ears?

So, 3" x 3/16" wall square tube is gong to be very close.

Rear lower bushings...

IMG_0003_zpse4c8a5d6.jpg

IMG_0006_zps72d4390e.jpg

IMG_0007_zpse89686f5.jpg

IMG_0008_zpsaaa7883c.jpg

Front lower bushings...

IMG_0005_zpsad9453e9.jpg

IMG_0009_zpsbcd67e37.jpg

IMG_0010_zps240d6b1f.jpg

IMG_0012_zps530c05b3.jpg

Just gotta machine the stainless steel sleeves and they're finished

WhoreMouth... I found the camber kit parts for $104 shipped.

And the ms123 rear hubs are on back order. I was picking them up for $156 each plus shipping. They found another source for them but the price jumps to $269 a piece. I'm gonna have to think about it some more before I add another $110 per hub.

Thats still a really good deal, watch out though the crush sleeve that you need to replace when changing hubs is like 70ish bucks

Dragging ass on this but I got the 4 pieces of stainless cut to the correct lengths to make the sleeves. Shooting to have these finished next week. Need to pick up a 45/64" drill.

IMG_0050_zps317ab72b.jpg

That's like an 11/16 drill with a wobble :)

lol, that is definitely one thing I hate about making some shit work... buying expensive drills that you only use once

I stopped caring about this. I'd rather talk about mister dos.

I'll have to see what I get running next... the cressida or the mr2. Whatever it is, I'll make a trip to Austin in it and let you take it for a drive. Corolla is also getting a ton of upgrades at the moment too so we'll see what I come down there in next