Guest Rue

Unfinished 1JZ X7 Dead Whores Status

Guest Rue

Xcessive release bearing adapter showed up today and I'm slightly disappointed. Same quality I would get from T3... part will work but finish machine work is rough. If I machined the part and brought it in to get checked out by my inspector he would tell me to debur my parts and ask why I have such a shitty finish on the profile. The hardware provided is either too long or too short. I'll be taking it to work with me in the morning to finish the debur work and I'll be picking up hardware and a couple of seals I need for the transmission tomorrow afternoon.

DSC02165.jpg

DSC02164.jpg

Guest Rue

Picked up my transmission seals, deburred the XM release bearing adapter, drilled the holes in the bell housing for the cutch lines, spent $35 on hardware and grommets, pilot bearing came in the mail, and got bell housing assembled for the last time. Planning on spending Saturday scrubbing the engine bay with a bottle of Dawn and a toothbrush. Maybe get the LS400 oil pan on the motor. Missing clutch lines and a clutch kit to have this thing in the car.

DSC02166.jpg

DSC02175.jpg

DSC02177.jpg

DSC02178.jpg

Good god man. You were productive yesterday. I'm off next weekend while FM is at NOLA if you want to hit up some yards. We can do Haltom this time, especially if they take scrap.

Guest Rue

Found a 3/4" bore clutch master cylinder that has the same mounting pattern as the cressida. Gonna test it on my ae86 first but both will be getting one. Pics from Saturday...

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

Guest Rue

LS400 oil pan swap finished, rear main seal and flywheel installed, and I couldn't help but throw the transmission on to see everything bolted together. Need the clutch disc and pressure plate and everything will be sitting under the hood.

DSC02183.jpg

DSC02184.jpg

DSC02185.jpg

DSC02186.jpg

^ fuck no. why waste the money and time and headaches for something like that when there's not going to be a benefit besides looking cool? i'd do it on a different car, but on a daily cruiser there's no point.

ps, intro or ban.

Guest Rue

I wouldn't do ITB's on a 1uz. I've considered supercharging but with the w58 and 7.5" rear end I'm not sure if its a good idea. Going to daily it so I'll see how bored I get with it after it runs. I already have an Eaton M90 in the garage. We'll see...

Guest Rue

Picked up the transmission mount, pressure plate, and clutch disc today. This means the motor will be in the car on Saturday and we're loading it on the car dolly and sticking it in my garage over the weekend. I'll be ripping apart the rear suspension to machine the parts to convert the rear to 5-lug and maybe take measurements for aluminum subframe/diff bushings. Wiring harness will also be on the agenda.

DSC02187.jpg

DSC02188.jpg

great. i'll try to be by at some point so stand around and put beer bottles in my mouth suggestively.

Guest Rue

Motor is in-ish... driver's side valve cover is hitting the brake booster and not allowing the transmission mount to line up (everything needs to slide back about 1/2"). I had already seen this as a potential issue and I have a couple of ideas to resolve it. Couple of pics...

DSC02191.jpg

DSC02192.jpg

Guest Rue

Toji - the "No" was directed at Chris. I will be picking up a new starter before the intake manifold goes back on. Going to be using a Nissan brake booster and master cylinder to solve the interference problem. Got the car moved from my brother's house today and stuffed in the garage. As soon as I get the old brake booster/master cylinder pulled I'll have the engine/tranny in all the way and begin tearing apart the suspension.

Guest Rue

Dropped the front crossmember and all of the remaining front suspension pieces. Everything will see the parts washer this week and get ready for new bushings, ball joints, and steering rack. Anyone know of an option for the rack damper? So far I've only been able to find the original Toyota ones for around $140. Just wondering if there was another option.

DSC02198.jpg

Unless you want super OEM feeling steering, ditch the dampener and don't replace it. 75% of the cressidas I've been in had blown dampeners, and you'd never know otherwise without actually looking at it/testing it. They are pretty useless. LMK what you plan to do for adapting the eaton to the lower intake, if you ever get to it.