Guest Rue

Unfinished 1JZ X7 Dead Whores Status

Guest Rue

Getting the new x7 project started. Going 5 lug to make the front brakes easy. X8 front strut tubes and hubs were donated to me by Gordon. Making my own front spring setup. And machining egr delete plates even though there isn't any performance gains from it.

First egr delete plate... 3 plates total are needed.

DSC02098.jpg

New spring perches I machined for the HKS springs Gordon gave me...

DSC02101.jpg

Modified x8 front strut tubes

DSC02102.jpg

DSC02103.jpg

yessss... i will be at apache saturday pulling those steering knuckles for you. cant wait to see this thing in your garage with the engine in the bay.

Guest Rue

Shifter bushings came in last week from BillyM and Marlin Crawler

DSC02110_zps37df7406.jpg

And the z32 caliper spacers I made yeas ago finally getting put to use

DSC02111_zpsdcb40d2b.jpg

DSC02112_zps7883618b.jpg

Found the hub centric ring needed for the z32 rotor today so I'll be ordering those this week and I'll probably be ordering wheels this week too... 17x8 +24 and 17x10 +20. Trying to find time at work to make the upper spring perch and to finish the ncrca's I started about 8 months ago...

Guest Rue

Second egr delete plate...

DSC02113.jpg

And not sure if I'm going to use them or not but NCRCA's. I made 2 sets... the other for Chris for letting me take measurements off of his car.

DSC02114.jpg

Guest Rue

Cleaned and bead blasted the upper portion of the intake manifold. Going to be hunting down a non traction control throttle body.

DSC02118.jpg

DSC02119.jpg

DSC02122.jpg

DSC02124.jpg

Guest Rue

Hub centric rings for the z32 rotors came in today. I've got 2 extras so I may make another set of spacers if someone wants a cheap conversion kit

DSC02125.jpg

DSC02128.jpg

what are the measurements on those rings?

I got a pair but they dont look as thick as those

Guest Rue

I have the dimensions saved on my work computer in a CAD file... don't remember what they are right off. What part looks thicker? You just need the ID of the hub ring to match the cressida hub and the OD to match the z32 rotor. Does your ring fit right?

hey rue

i'm interested in a pair of hub centric rings. lemme know how much duders. i hate my aluminum one.

postage to 92627

Guest Rue

Was considering a test fit this weekend but I think I'm gonna pull the motor out and get everything cleaned up and ready for the 1uz. I need to hit up the wrecking yards to find a dash harness that isn't butchered up.

Soooooo... I ordered my wheels a month ago and recieved an email saying that the wheels I ordered were not in stock and would take 30 days to get. I told them that was fine. Called today and they said the wheels still weren't in and they had no eta to give me. Found a place an hour and a half away from me that had 3 wheels in stock and was expecting more within the next couple of weeks. So next week I'm gonna take a trip to the Waco area and pick up some wheels. 17X9 fronts and 17X10 rears.

Guest Rue

Not last time I was out there. Need to find one though. Not putting the dash back in until I replace that harness.

Guest Rue

Progress...

Machined off the little release bearing snout

DSC02147.jpg

Spent some time with the parts washer and transmission and got the bell housing almost finished

DSC02151.jpg

DSC02150.jpg

DSC02149.jpg

Guest Rue

3 of my wheels came in today. The 4th was on backorder and probably won't be in for another week

DSC02153.jpg

DSC02156.jpg

DSC02154.jpg

DSC02155.jpg

DSC02157.jpg

Guest Rue

Just pulled the 17X10 out of the box and noticed that the backside of the wheel is stamped as a +20 offset...