Guest Rue

Unfinished 1JZ X7 Dead Whores Status

Thats probably smart. 50mm compressor was a good call for that goal. Better response for sure.

In other news... Gordo has talked me into doing some shit to the corolla. After I picked up the C's from him for the cressida I told him I needed to pick up something for the racecar. He started talking about the Ikeya sequential shifter he made work with his W58.

Then I googled... and he sent me pics...

IMG_2448_zpsjd9f6eyl.jpg

IMG_2451_zpsvgi2vdqa.jpg

Then we talked... he shipped me shit. This is what we came up with

MC1_zpsh4paljqd.jpeg

MC2_zpslthesh2g.jpeg

Gotta fit onto this...

i3_zpsc9vjl4ss.jpeg

Had a chunk of 6061 that wrecked the CNC lathe... using it

adapter1_zpsxymra4rz.jpeg

Lathe work done

adapter2_zpsiubdkkbn.jpeg

adapter3_zps7saxbkf7.jpeg

Here's what we're trying to duplicate on the top end of the adapter...

i1_zpsphpfyyhn.jpeg

Gotta reuse this base bushing

i2_zpskwjhj4ju.jpeg

Test fitting...

adapter4_zps2vfn9neo.jpeg

adapter5_zpslxwve9p4.jpeg

Mil work still to come...

Nah dude Trust me I bounce off limiter all day at 400HP "That's why it's there"

4 jzs later..

Lol. Really tho fuck work. Dont have the time to be as cool as you and jordan.

You can't even afford the shifter................

Well, unlike some people who claim to be piston designers,

or claim to be able to produce 'glass body parts,

or claim to be hot-shoe drivers...........

I think this shows that some people actually can figure things out, and make them happen.

I ship Rue a fucked up Ikeya, of a different design that what I had, he grasps the basic idea, and is on the way to making it reality.

God dammit Aaron, wish you were in San Antonio.

Just trying to make you proud, Dad...

Still gotta machine at least 3 more pieces to make this shit happen but this was the more difficult of the bunch. Gonna take apart the Ikeya and remake the broken base. Gotta machine the original piece off of the W58 to match the adapter and still need to machine a new piece for the striker to match the Nissan shift bushing to the Toyota transmission.

Striker piece should be easy... original W58 piece modification should be easy... not sure about taking apart the Ikeya but it's necessary so I'll be on that next

Too bad for the masses that hang on this forum that they don't have a car that Ikeya makes an off the shelf unit for,

all accept the Z33 6-speed trans........

But then again, no one with a CD009 has the money for the shifter any way,

or they wouldn't have bought that 4-speed, with a granny 1st, and all but useless 6th in the first place.

They run about $2k.......

no one with a CD009 has the money for the shifter any way,

or they wouldn't have bought that 4-speed, with a granny 1st, and all but useless 6th in the first place.

Yupp. Only worth it for the fact that it was cheaper than an r154 setup. Barely worth it at that.

This here is some cool shit though. Nice some people make cool shit and make up for all of us hacks.

I wish DM provided more information on their turbo "upgrade" as it would help me give you a better answer.

John at Majestic Turbo told me that they had tried years ago to go to a 60mm compressor wheel on the CT26 and had a bunch of trouble with premature failures. He said for my horsepower goals I could probably keep the original compressor wheel if I wanted but that the biggest wheel he'd recommend was a 50mm wheel for reliability. If you have an original rebuildable core it will set you back just over $800 to have the same shit I have.

Full boost is just under 3000 rpm. I need a tune asap. 1J shits on 1UZ just as it is. Can't wait to get it to the tuner and make use of the electronic boost controller... see what 14lbs feels like

Alright... so I ended up buying another coolant temp sensor and connector. Got them installed and it changed nothing. Updated all of the firmware on the ecu and software on the laptop... still nothing. Friend came over today to try my standlone on his car and his standalone on mine. Found a little box that wasn't checked that inverted signal shit to be the fault. Just a mouse click and everything started working.

We hooked up the Innovate LC1 wideband and it did the same thing as the one I have on my Beams setup... worked for 3 minutes and popped up an error message. Fuck these things... I ordered another wideband setup today. Should have it this week.

Speedo still isn't reading anything... started checking shit today on that... gotta pull the fucking tranny back out and probably swap the drive gear from the original tranny to make shit work.

Turbo is still overboosting... keep hitting 20+ lbs. Don't know why.

Did you reroute the reference line? On my 171 swap it was plumbed Weird through a solenoid. I just ran a line straight to the actuater from the compressor housing. 10psi. Just a thought, im sure you checked that already.