Guest Rue

Unfinished 1JZ X7 Dead Whores Status

Then I say keep the intake tube, because I'd love to see some itbs on this!

Realistically the blue filter is the biggest problem with it although the rest isn't what you're par is, but itb is retarded. Now that it runs right my vote is arc panel filter pulled from under one of the cushions of the thing in Gordon's living room that might possibly be a couch. Or a vortech blower and huge shot of nawsssszzz. Next trip home dude needs to stuff that gx71 diff in the suitcase.

Yes..... standalone issue solved. Car is a blast to drive now. I'll finish up the small things on the cressida but I'm gonna start dumping money back into the corolla and get it running again.

Front bumper is shipping from California tomorrow so next week I shall has its

Only 3 things wrong with that intake, other than it's not ITBs.

It's blue, not green,

the filter barely big enough for a D16 honda

and the aluminum transfers heat like a mother fucker.

Summit has large 'K&N' style filters in different colors, and they have large ones.

But this would look really good sticking through your hood:

mechinjbbf_02.jpg

ITb's

13990_829118747130326_298932292265820523

Do it.

JDM front bumper is far from a direct bolt on. Will require cutting, drilling, and welding of the bumper brackets. Was planning to drop the front and rear bumpers off at the body shop to get painted but it looks like it might have to wait until next week. I haven't taken any pics thus far as I don't see anyone else ever doing this shit.

I pulled the front chassis harness off of the junk car and removed all of the unnecessary connectors, wired up the fog lights, and changed the connectors for the turn signals so I can just swap harnesses when the front bumper goes on.

This car is so clean its insane. Seeing it in person made my weekend better.

Motor is back in the car... just gotta throw on the drive shaft and exhaust and fill it up with fluids. Ordered new corner lights... should have them in a few weeks

OS5_zpstkozivng.jpeg

meh_zpsnbpr8jjq.jpeg

X7 doesn't have low oil level dummy light iirc. Plus I'm pretty sure rue won't put together a leaking pos. Why add more useless clutter?

I told you I had one in my oilpan, I lied.

I made the comment about clean oil pan because I scraped mine last night and it sucked.

The x7 has a low pressure warning light not a low oil one IIRC

i smacked the fuck out of the pan in my x8 on some road debris left from construction. still holds oil though.

Dammit, update this thread !

i know you have been doing shit.

At least post pics of the 86.

Saw this while I was at work... walked outside and took a pic of my car in the parking lot.

The 86 is getting chassis work. Just picked up the material to make floor plates for the roll cage. Trying to buy a shit ton of heim's so I can get the 4 link and panhard bars fabricated. Just trying to get all of the welding and metal fab done on the car. I haven't been taking pics of 86 work but the new taillight panel is almost completely welded on and I'm waiting on my new wheels to come in. Ordered 15x8 -10 front 15x9 -15 rear...

today_zpsbpg4fhhq.jpeg

I jizzed....

To your dick pix ;)

Finally got the JDM rear bumper painted and on the car.

Climate control has sprung a vacuum leak so the dash needs to come back out to fix.

Cooling fans don't pull enough cfm to get the job done while I have the a/c on... something like 1100 per fan. Gordo let me in on a good cooling fan company that pulls 2200 per fan. Gotta grab a pair and get them mounted to the shroud.

And I'm leaning towards doing something with the rod knocked 1uz sitting in the garage. I ended up with an Eaton M90 probably 2 years ago that's been sitting on a shelf. Thinking I should rebuild it and the 1uz and put the 2 together.