Guest Rue

Unfinished 1JZ X7 Dead Whores Status

Next piece of exhaust manifold shit was fabbed tonight... I can say that the LS400. SC400, LS430/SC430 manifolds don't fit. The 430 manifolds are so far the easiest to modify.

manifold4_zps317d9b99.jpeg

Saw a sequoia in the yard yesterday right next to the gay Nissan 6 speed everyone is fagging about

Sequoia manifold is a definite "fuck no" on fitting. Bought one... brought it home and I didn't even attempt to bolt it up. It was that far off. So I cut it up and used the pieces to modify the LS400 manifold

But they will smell nice for the first 10 miles........

If it does last, I want to know what brand of coating you used... my buddy did something similar and it lasted a hilariously short amount of time.

It was bullshit VHT Header paint... I expect it to burn off but it'll look pretty going on... got nowhere else to go with that

VHT header paint lasts alright, but you have to get the headers unrealistically clean for it to actually stick.. And bake them in the oven before you touch them.. If you touch them at all before baking, it will fall right off.

fuck. i wasnt dodging your calls, had some family shit go down this weekend. i can tell you about it later man. i did forget that you were trying to pull the engine this weekend. glad to see you got it done.

swap1_zps3df98973.jpeg

swap2_zps3c7f0c17.jpeg

Got everything in... went to bleed the clutch and shit went wrong. Pulled the tranny back out and found fluid spewing from this... gonna make another one tomorrow.

fail_zpsf74385c0.jpeg

what brake master cylinder did you end up going with? closeup of the driver side manifold coexisting with the steering shaft?

God I fucking hate JNC

It's always the same bullshit with that coffee table book of a website. "Maybe someday after kids have drifted most of these classics to the ground, our cars will be worth something." Barf

im cleaning up this thread for rue and also to maintain anonymity/plausible deniability.

93 mr2 turbo master cylinder with mx83 booster. I still need to adjust the rod on the booster.

I also need to buy a button cap screw for the u-joint on the steering column. The head of the original bolt rubs on the manifold

8mm ?

If so, how long ?

I have a few of them around here.

Crap, if I had got on here a half hour ago, it would have went out in today's mail.

But it will go out Friday.

Alternator was shit from day one so I picked up a new Denso replacement today. Engine is running rough and I realized I never replaced the spark plugs so I picked up those as well. Need to calibrate the tps and start working on the whole running pig rich issue and see if I can get it to idle without the iacv.

The fucking header paint is still on... I can't believe it but it isn't burning off.

Engine isn't running right. Injectors and coils are all firing. Sent a log to the standalone company and they told me something is wrong with the triggering. Waiting on an email from them at the moment.

Front bumper is in Cali waiting to clear customs and my friend just returned from Japan with parts in his suitcase for me.

I'm hating the Chinese looking intake tube I have at the moment. Makes me want to blow $1K on itb's just to get rid of it

swap3_zps289d13a3.jpeg