Guest Rue

Unfinished 1JZ X7 Dead Whores Status

Nope... I had positive camber on the passenger side but that tire was rubbing. Driver side was already pretty much where it is. I just made the passenger side match

1/16" toe in per side was enough for me. This is my daily... not my race car so within factory alignment specs after my suspension modifications is good enough for me.

looking good, totes jealous

P.S. I found a set of quads for 300 + shipping from malyasia <3 for a car that I don't currently have

I bought a JDM front bumper... same one you had, Jordan. Waiting to hear back from my forwarding agent on shipping costs. Picked up my JDM rear bumper from Gordo the same day we picked up the green x7. I need to get that painted and on the car. Scrounging up cash to buy front wheels and tires so I can finish suspension and brakes. 1uz is now going in as soon as the driver side exhaust manifold clears the steering column and I buy the muffler.

Currently tearing down the x7 in my garage. Taking it to throw in the scrap bin at work one car load at a time. Keeping everything that is good... trashing everything else.

BMW sold Saturday so wheels will be bought Monday morning and I'll be swapping front suspension this weekend.

I machined delete pieces for the satellite radio controls and cruise control switch...

plugs_zpsa277ecbe.jpg

sat2_zpsf22c8a86.jpg

cruise1_zpsfbefd2f8.jpg

Front suspension done. Steering rack is moving on me. I have the XM rack bushings but I'm gonna climb under the car and check all of the rack mount bolts to make sure everything is tight before calling Rich. He already told me that if I had any failures from any of his parts he'd make it right.

From what I can tell... x8 strut tubes with x7 lca's equals positive camber. My camber plates are maxed negative. I'm good with my alignment specs and the way my suspension has come together.

Wheels are 17x9 +22 all around with 225/45's

front_zps0b785044.jpg

align_zpse1634dfd.jpg

green2_zpse49897d3.jpg

green3_zps10e38eb1.jpg

Holy shit lookin good

Bumper should be leaving Japan this week... Hey Jordan... are these bumper lenses aftermarket?

front1_zpscafdf093.jpg

The fogs/inners/what ever you wanna call um look to be the same as mine, glass with a yellow inner bulb shade(mine was all shattered one side so I punched out the other side) and the otters could be factory with a different cover, mine are also pastic. If I get another bumper and the lights are fine you can have my extra yellows.

Took me a bit to realize that the yellow from the fogs, was part of the housing, as one of my lights was white and one was coming yellow haha

but its like super yellow

5771584627_0601d5ac3b.jpg

I knew the fogs were as they were but I see bumper lights with amber and clear lenses and didn't know if what I was getting was aftermarket clear or oem. Meh... I'm sure I'll be fine with whatever shows up but I thought you might have some insight.

I've only ever seen clears a few times probably custom or after market

the poop bucket for reference

IMG_20130314_220108_zpsfce25671.jpg

looks pretty good except for the 45 series rubber.Two tone is pretty cool.

45 series=mega tire/fender rub under hard driving.Not to mention it makes the car ride high and look Australian.

How come you didn't want to go 225/35/17?

Pretty clean n mean looking none the less.

Not a real size. The few tires they make in that size are mad expensive.

Yokohama S drive

yokohama_sdrive_lg_zpsdbaa8461.jpg

$200 cad Which is around $177 usd per tire.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Yokohama/S_Drive/01067

I myself would have went 215/35/17

http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/215-35R17

^^Those would cost you about $160usd per tire^^

How is that mad expensive?

^^I have heard this^^

The only other tire in 35series would be a Falken.

Step into the 40 series world a the selection opens up

http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/215-40R17

I would run the either of the Dunlops.

Tire rack

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+V4+ES+H105&partnum=135HR7H105&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Exactly. Thats what i was saying, and 177 a tire is mad expensive considering i get r6's for 75$ per tire and my street tires are 50$ each

Started cutting up manifolds to make one fit... right now it clears the steering u-joint. Just need to cut more shit to get the last cylinder tied back into the manifold.

manifold1_zps6f9ec132.jpg

manifold2_zps87299ae7.jpg

manifold3_zps112d15d9.jpg

Front suspension done. Steering rack is moving on me. I have the XM rack bushings but I'm gonna climb under the car and check all of the rack mount bolts to make sure everything is tight before calling Rich. He already told me that if I had any failures from any of his parts he'd make it right.

Forgot to post my findings but it ended up being one loose bolt on the passenger side rack bracket. So the XM rack bushings I got are good.