Guest Rue

Unfinished 1JZ X7 Dead Whores Status

Sorry I doubted your building skills last night, I was a little out of it.........

Now off to the hell-hole :(

Another radiator shot

IMG_0780_zps766f65bb.jpg

Thinking about stealing the coolant overflow from my Corolla

IMG_0783_zps1346d1de.jpg

GM IAT Sensor installed

IMG_0782_zps3fe9779b.jpg

Wiring harness underway

IMG_0785_zps26ec39ed.jpg

Fuel fitting came in on Friday... M14 x 1.5 female inverted flare to -6AN fitting. Still had to be modified. The threads on the original hardline appeared to be too short for the flare to seal against the adapter fitting. May have also been a problem with the depth of the threads in the adapter fitting being too shallow. Machined off .125" and modified a tap to get threads past the inverted flare.

IMG_0781_zps89204b4e.jpg

IMG_0787_zps62c7b268.jpg

IMG_0788_zpsf6345d43.jpg

COP's finished... picked up the throttle cable and all of the wiring connectors today. Swaybar mount bushings showed up yesterday. Rear bushings from an ae86 gts are a direct fit. Front bushings I ordered will need to be modified.

IMG_0819_zpsdabe5d44.jpg

IMG_0820_zpsc45476ac.jpg

Covers still fit...

IMG_0821_zpsa096e526.jpg

IMG_0822_zps9c9620a0.jpg

I'd make covers outta turbofiber with a monster logo laid in

Fuel filter relocation bracket made. Having it flash chromed tomorrow to keep it from rusting. Fuel lines were also made this weekend but I need to shorten the bottom hose an inch or two.

FFB1_zps136a22b0.jpg

FFB2_zpsa993b03d.jpg

Until you show more (and better) pictures of your hack job X8, I think you should just sit quietly in the background, and listen.

Rue can out fab/build/machine you in his sleep.

I came up with several smart ass things to reply... could't decide on one. Just pull your head out of your ass and realize that where I chose to mount the fuel filter is the most practical.

There is no room as is for the driver side exhaust manifold and I needed to mount the filter away from it and still make the filter accessible for easy replacement in the future

Wow, you guys took that a little far.

Just trying to join in the forum and add some input cause I do this shit every single day aswell. I didn't mean to offend..

The chassis I have has a bent frame rail. It's before any of the suspension so it doesn't effect anything but the aesthetics but it bothers me knowing it's there. So everything I'm making is with the mind set that I can remove it and swap it onto a clean chassis in the future. Some minor bullshit may need to be modified but the bulk of my fabrication will be able to swap directly onto the next x7 I pick up.

Decided to delete the iac and all of the coolant lines that went to the intake manifold. Made a delete plate this morning.

Wiring harness is almost finished... missing cooling fan relay, tach pull up, fuel pump/circuit opening relay wire, coolant temp gauge wire, and tps signal wire... and DONE!

iac1_zps65182ef5.jpg

iac2_zpsdddaa641.jpg

iac3_zps21051c22.jpg

Standalone... I'll just tune around it. Adaptronic already had a start-up map for the 1uz with cops. I sent them an email asking how they had wired up their iac so I made sure my wiring matched theirs. Got tired of waiting for a reply. As soon as I removed the wires I got an email back from them.