Guest Rue

Unfinished 1JZ X7 Dead Whores Status

Per my rules, we are supposed to scrap and unless you are constantly training I have utmost confidence that I shall be the victor and no face fucking shall be had.

Someone tell me that putting a stand alone on a stock 1uz is fucking retarded... because I'm looking into it

For Serious Dave? I'd say go for it Aaron. Standalone will get you to bpu aristo power without the bullshit headaches associated with a turbo car. Perfect reliability for a daily driver, and perfect power in a lighter package. What's wrong with that?

I was looking at ditching the distributors and maf sensor in favor of cops and a map sensor. No tricking the oem ecu about secondary o2 sensors, egr, or egt not being there

Replacement... I gave the old, broke one to Tanner. He had it repaired and put it on his car. Ended up costing him $75 for an $1100 stand alone.

damn. i was wondering if he'd given it back to you. are you going to keep the UZ running on this and find a new one for your corolla?

Just gonna buy another one... Adaptronic already had a base map for the 1uz with cops. Makes it too easy. I can just use the butchered engine harness I already have and wire it to the stand alone. MAP sensor is internal.

Still test fitting coils to see what fits the motor the best. 2NZ coils are too big in diameter to even fit in the spark plug tube. 1MZ coils are a little short I think and I don't like how the connection point for the engine harness sticks up and won't allow the covers to be reinstalled. Gonna pull one off of my Beams motor tonight and see how it fits.

Also going from 3 coolant sensors to 1... just ordered hardware to delete the other sensors. The last fitting I need to get the oil pressure switch in will be in tomorrow. Gonna get it installed and get oil in the motor and check starter engagement.

I don't like the subharness I installed so I'll be pulling it off and making it part of the rest of the new engine harness instead. It'll be just one complete harness in the end. Looks like I'm keeping the iacv as well... I'm good with that. Makes things easier. Gotta figure out where I'm gonna put the iat sensor... First start up is getting close

Looking like cops from an RSX slightly modified are gonna be the best fit.

hahahahaha. if i wasn't already pooping when you told me this story i would have done it in my pants.

i was at six fags saturday when you called and getting my fade right yesterday or i would have asked you how that other deal went.

kyle, please get that car next to you nailed down for rue. there isn't a single other person in existence that deserves to own it more than he does.

Slight modifications still required but here's my $80 radiator/fan setup...

IMG_0743_zps538b68d8.jpg

IMG_0744_zps01244b21.jpg

Gone with the cold start injector...

IMG_0620_zps1a7b8b88.jpg

Went a different route with this... Machined a "sleeve" for the cold start injector with .001" press and tapped it for a GM IAT sensor.

IMG_0758_zpse18913a9.jpg

IMG_0759_zpscf0c7ed0.jpg

IMG_0760_zpse97150a9.jpg

Radiator is finished...

IMG_0761_zps57e560cc.jpg

IMG_0762_zps5f3ea39f.jpg

IMG_0763_zpscf5e2a64.jpg

IMG_0764_zpsc5b5d87f.jpg

IMG_0765_zpsd9896492.jpg

IMG_0766_zpsea4c8c3d.jpg

IMG_0767_zpsff0d5472.jpg

IMG_0768_zps347faf6f.jpg

IMG_0769_zps646fbffa.jpg

Hope you put some sealer on that cold start insert.........

Aluminum grows in funny ways as it heats up.

I'm going to bed now, I have had a bitch of a day with fucking CNC machines that are losing their minds, a purchasing agent that can't fucking order the shit I need to fix machines, department heads wanting their shit fixed before the other department heads, and about 2 tons of cement forms rejected by a customer, for a missed dimmension, that wasn't on thier fucking print, so it looks like I might be drafted into metal fab again tomorrow, to help correct the problem.

I am wondering why the fuck I ever let them know that I could play iron worker.........

Of course I put a sealer on the insert before I pressed it in the manifold...

I read that as "ohshitohshitohshit".