Guest Rue

Unfinished 1JZ X7 Dead Whores Status

Guest Rue

Picked up the an X7 today. 5M smokes ALOT and auto tranny slips. No brakes but has cold A/C. Pictars.......

DSC01754.jpg

DSC01753.jpg

DSC01755.jpg

Shitty 5M...

DSC01751.jpg

DSC01752.jpg

Found out why the brakes aren't working... NO PADS and pouring out fluid from the caliper

DSC01757.jpg

Started taking measurements for new brake setup and nrca's

DSC01758.jpg

Only took one interior shot

DSC01756.jpg

And already picked up 5-speed pedal assemblies, a w58, and steering wheel will be here this week

DSC01750.jpg

wood.jpg

Looking fresh.

waiting to sell his GS and pick up a new motor - read NOT M SERIES - locally. the car actually made the drive home at freeway speeds but being stuck behind him pouring smoke for 1.5 hours sucked. then we got stuck in traffic and some cholo-ass car club made up of escalades with lambo doors started fucking everyone over. each one of the 8 motherfuckers packed into each truck had the same fucking haircut and earring combo and they were blasting accordion music while they weaved in and out of traffic, drove over curbs and held up lines of up to 100 cars so they could let their 20 friends merge late. fuck i hate dallas.

Guest Rue

I'm sourcing a vvti 1j. But I'm going to go ahead and do the 5-speed swap as soon as I have all of the parts. Selling my GS300 to pay for the 1j

I like 1j vvti, but you could totally have it running this weekend if you threw the GS engine in it

Guest Rue

Forgot to mention specs

15X8 0 offset front with 195/50/15

15X9 0 offset rear with 205/50/15

Car has some sort of eibach pro kit springs on the rear but stock shit on the front

what wheels are those? they look sick.

Guest I<3BlondeGirls

Rota Shakotans (Hayashi Street Replicas). Probably the best knock off since the Konig Rewinds hella years ago.

yeah man get some legit suspension, lower the car about a foot, and you'll definitely consider rocking those wheels.

I gotta cop me a set of those.

Guest Rue

Nope... you can get them in 15X9 all the way around. I bought them for my corolla and didn't like the fitment of the 15X9 on the front. I've got a set of Work Equip 03's in the same width and offset going on my corolla.

You really need to keep these on the car, but it needs to be dropped hard to pull off the look. You'll see guys running larger wheels on an x7 but 15's look the best.

4621854224_088cfee3f1_b.jpg

5455814928_8366f08775_b.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

306789_1202133875.jpg

Gx71chaser.jpg

and i am even pretty sure those are mostly 14's...

btw i found these pics, supposedly they are what you're looking for to id your bellhousing:

'84 supra w/ 5M:

W58%20Bellhousing.JPG

mkiv supra(?) w/ 2jz:

135912d1230221161-1jz-2jz-w58-bellhousing-picture-003.jpg

Guest Rue

Alright... I ended up buying the complete rear brake assemblies from an x7 in the wrecking yard after finding that mine were mostly rust so now I have brakes. The following weekend I ditched the auto and went w58. And now that I can drive the car it's time to sell the gs300 and buy a motor.

W58 after a trip through the parts washer

DSC01764.jpg

DSC01763.jpg

Pedals installed

DSC01785.jpg

Tranny in

DSC01783.jpg

Steering wheel installed... needs a short hub. I bought a Works Bell hub that will be here tomorrow

DSC01784.jpg

not like this:

6134440997_bd33a9de4e_z.jpg

sorry slammedstang, it is what it is.

Fuck that car looks way better then most of those cars on 15's.

Looks good on those 17's but it better have a 1j or 2j swap. haha

After seeing this car on Rota Shakotans, it makes me want an x7 on the same wheels as a daily driver even more!

his car was looking fucking fantastic yesterday. went to get him his measurements for x8 shit but weather sucked. post those pics you took last night aaron.