Sign in to follow this  
Layzorbeemz

Need a340e oil pan A.S.A.P

Drivin down the street the other night, didn't see a huge hitch on the road, drove over it and pierced 2 holes in my transmission's oil pan and bent it up into the transmission.

Not sure if anything's fucked internally, there's a plate on the inside of the pan that's bolted to the valve body, it's bent too, dunno if it's going to affect much..

I need a new pan so I can put some ATF in and see if the trans will work. If it doesn't, looks like I'll be on here looking for a 5spd swap for a 5mge or I'lll be swappin in a jz over the winter.

Guest DuaxMachine

The thing between the pan, that is bolted to the valve body is the filter.

They are cheap (like $20 on eBay), and you never use a used one over again.

But you better make sure nothing on the valve body took a hit, because if it did, your going to waste $$ finding out the hard way.

So pull the filter off, look for other problems, like any of the wires going to the solenoids being cut, or the solenoids themselves being hit, or cracks in the valve body.

When you get done inspecting it, e-mail me, I have a pan.

But if someone has an old A340e up there, the shipping won't be so bad, as it will cost more than the pan if I send one from Texas....

No nothing else was damaged other than that plate, the pan was only bent in near the dipstick tube. I've been asking a couple local supra guys, one wants to sell me a whole transmission. Pete just threw away his last a340e lol annd I texted Gerard but he hasn't got back to me.

I had my friend go to a junkyard yesterday and get a pan off of a 1986 x7 but apparently it has the older transmission as the oil pan was flat and shorter lengthways. I compared the 2 today and went fuuuuck. Goddam 1988 x7 all borderline x8 n' shit.

Guest Lofty

I have one that's been sitting, it's shit for internals (I think clutch pack)

LMK what parts you need off of it, I'm going to junk it soon.

^

Just the pan man I have all the bolts and everything, I just got to make sure it's the correct pan and it's not for a a43de(or whatever The older trans is named) or a a341e... Although I haven't really put much effort into finding out if the 340 and 341 share the same pan.

Guest DuaxMachine

duaxmachine (at) sbcglobal.net

By the way, a pan from the IS300 will also fit, but is a good half inch deeper, and more likely to hit the ground.

Or crap, pound the dents out of yours, and have someone weld it up.

Better yet, buy my modded A340E with high stall converter, 1 piece drive shaft, and custom B&M Pro Ratchet shifter,

so I have a reason to put my 5-speed in.......

I read that the is300 pan fits but yeah I don't want a deeper pan lol, I'm not even that low!

I was thinkin about getting it plug welded since it seems like it's stamped steel, but I didn't know if that was an option. There's some sort of silver colored paint or coat on the inside of the pan I was going to try and find out what it was for sure, if it's just paint to protect the steel then maybe I'll just get it welded.

If I'm going to invest a lot of money in a transmission it's going to be a 5/6 speed.

Guest Lofty

Send me a PM if you want a cheapass pan.

It was out of my x8, and will be scrapped anyways!