Guest Andrew

Desert ratt rodd 3000

Guest Andrew

So i have to pull my self out of the rubble from my shitty intro and start over but hey ive got some stuff up my sleeve.

I bought this 89 cressida that had a cheery bomb exhaust, z32 wheels, no sunroof, megan coils and a dent in the trunk, pretty much a fail fail fail stoked i dont have a sunroof though. post-3315-0-08299800-1319581424_thumb.jpg

shitty picture but its the only one i have of right when i bought it.

so then i went to work on the dent.

post-3315-0-39753500-1319581552_thumb.jpg

post-3315-0-74489000-1319581549_thumb.jpg

post-3315-0-98904500-1319581543_thumb.jpg

post-3315-0-56806000-1319581540_thumb.jpg

post-3315-0-99871300-1319581537_thumb.jpg

post-3315-0-67363900-1319581534_thumb.jpg

shitty cell phone pics.

Guest Andrew

W58 for shits and giggles. things will do till i have money for a r154 and other things like 1j or 2j depending on what route i take kinda leaning towards 1j as of now.

pedal placement.

post-3315-0-20308600-1319582972_thumb.jpg

shifter

post-3315-0-13879800-1319583069_thumb.jpg

aluminum peice.

post-3315-0-52231200-1319583128_thumb.jpg

Transmission grinds like a mother, going to buy some synchro mesh and adjust my clutch and bleed it hopefully that helps a bit.

The body work came out pretty good... +1 for 5 speed +1 for the no sunroof -10 for the AMERICA shifter lol

+1 for bwcress and vvti

good start dude, keep it up. welcome

Guest Andrew

Haha i seemed to like the hurst handle at first but it feels weird now, i had a aluminum dildo shifter but it was weighted and made transmission grind like a garbage disposal.

I would be down for vvti but im not very good at electrical & i herd there was tons of wiring intailed.

Update: got my hands on some XXR 962's 18x8.5 in the front 18x9.5 in the rear, shit rubs super bad gonna take the angle grinder and mini sledge and do work.

Pics soon.

Vvti is no harder than the tt. Just hav aphxero do it if you're not confident

Guest Andrew

Relocated my wiring harness via a hole i drilled, didnt turn out to bad.

post-3315-0-81184900-1319939270_thumb.jpg

post-3315-0-77159000-1319939277_thumb.jpg

doing things slow & steady, since i started building trails and riding more

Guest Andrew

Here are some pics of the new wheels, rolled the fenders alot to compensate for bigger wheels or spacers in the future. working on tubbing the rear wheels for more low. progress and pics of that later.

ignore the shitty pics and the dirty car. ohh la la dirty girl.

l.jpgl.jpg

I would be down for vvti but im not very good at electrical & i herd there was tons of wiring intailed.

Where does this shit come from, seriously?! For as long as I've been into toyotas, I've been reading this bullshit about vvti motors being "really hard to wire bro!". Fucking Christ!

Here is a little top gear top tip: Toyota always separates it's efi harness from thier body harnesses. So it doesn't matter if the motor had 400,000 sensors, 12 vvti cams, vtec, 42 turbos and a partridge in a pear tree, it's already wired to the ecu for you! You just add +B, start signal, mrelay, ign, ground, some fucking fuel and every toyota motor will start! You can install it in a god damn garbage can if you want!

I want everyone here to get over their fear of wiring already. You have two options: get your head out of your ass or send your harness to Mark because I'm sick and tired of it influencing people's motors choices.

FUUUUCCCKKKKKK!

I think that comes from everyone thinking VVTi means drive by wire?

No it comes from a bunch of faggots with no initiative who don't research what theyre getting into. They see something on a blog then have to have it.

Guest Andrew

I didnt reserch the vvti yet just heard from a friend i havent found alot of aftermarket support for vvti either though, i am pretty intrested though more torque at lower rpms would be sweet.

Here's a quick snap of one of the fenders.

l.jpg

i think wiring is like every kids first experience with a girl.

Big and scarey

but acutually their quite simple like brian said 5 wires POW you have ENGINES

Guest DuaxMachine

Noob andrew: Here's a quick snap of one of the fenders.

That is about the worst hammer job I have ever seen.......

I did better on a bomber class dirt track car 40 years ago.

Guest Andrew

I know, i need to sand/bondo, ive come to terms that im a noob and deserve much hazing lol. Fuck it im just going to keep on trucking, i like my car and the motovation this site gives me to someday have a sweet four door.

im sure he will be alright the rear quarter came out pretty damn good so when hes actually finished with the fenders the will look fine

Guest Andrew

Fuck i hate my fenders, looking at other cars i like the stock body lines with a small rol/pull and no wheels look good unless thy are +10 offset or lower or running spacers which sucks.

but when i got the car they already had a pretty big pull/roll so i just tried to improvise but i should of just left them alone.

Thinking of doing a rear fender transplant from a cressida from the junk yard. Weld in, grind down welds, smooth out, body filler, paint etc... hmmmmmm

ideas?

Guest Andrew

So i fixed everything on the blue cressida and sold It for a little more than i bought it for, due to the fact that it never really felt like my car more like that i inherited

someones else's project and i like to make things my own.

Here's what it looked like the day before i sold it minus the xxr's, dont mind the smiley heart ballons in the back.

l.jpg

So fuck everything and fuck my bullshit plan of having a fanboy daily/track car now that i have a tiny bit more knowledge.

Anyway i searched around a found a 89' x8 for $500 with a blown headgasket, completely stock except for the 350z wheel, plan is to use the money from my other car to build it for my own self enjoyment.

Here it is the day i got it.

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Ugly maroon interior will probobly stay till i order some SEM paint, but ill worry about that when i get it running.

I started tearing apart the interior of usless things i dont need and getting it ready to pull the 7m.

Then it was a nice sunny day so i did this. Doing it in the dirt was a pain but i planned on making a mess. hah

l.jpg

And here's your classic jzx picture for fun.

l.jpg

Here's a before engine bay picture.

l.jpg

Plan while the engine is out is too:

-Clean bay get it ready for sand/prime/paint.

-do my ABS delete (probobly doing a Aw11 mr2 brake booster, with stock master and a adustable proportioning valve and some T's)

-X7 steering rack

-cut out battery tray and other little misc. things.

Plan was to go 1j vvti, but found this for a good deal so i went for it.

l.jpg

l.jpg

Its a little incomplete but it was recently rebuilt and i shouldent have a problem finding what i need.

so thats it for now until i order and buy more things and make more progress.

since you're going to paint your red interior anyway, let me know when you're ready to pull some small parts and ship them to me.

Guest Andrew

Sure if you cover shipping, what do you need? i go to the junk yard alot, and there are a good amount of x8's full interior etc..