shawley

Out with the old Chaser, in with the new Chaser build

Guest Mitto

Much love for the x90 just not for the LS.

Still props for getting back into it after such a set back.

Subbed.....

Should go big or go home and do something a bit retarded like lots of ci's

Don`t like the LS, whatever its the way mine is gonna go

Today was a productive day, since it was warm like +5 all day I was able to paint the cage and the interior!

cagepainted.jpg

cageandinteriorpainted.jpg

Along with ripping out the last of the sound deadner and cleaning the interior up

Honestly, I hate v8's. But the LS is a good way of making reliable power, can't deny that. Build looks good, gonna do a racepack :)

Well I haven't worked much on the car lately, because I went snowboarding to the mountains.

Yay awesome

IMG382.jpg

But it's also been fucking cold here like today it's -30 celcius(thats -22 farenheit for you Americans) as a high, and going to like -40 almost at night

Anyways picked up the motor today! This is not gonna be fun unloading it with the engine hoist in this weather.

IMG396.jpg

Guest zOmBiEsTyLe

Nice man! im about start my LS1 swap too... just no time after working on everyone elses projects. Good luck hope everything works well!

I'm really curious to see how you drive with the new engine setup

Exactly what ls did you pic up? cause i think a steel block setup with a turbo would be pretty baller... i know of a few mustang guys running steel block setups (lq i believe) with single turbo setups that are makin an easy 800hp on 93pump then again they run blow threw carb setups not fuel injection (whomp whomp)

I was gonna go with a LQ V8 then find a transmission, and everything else but I got a good deal on mine and it has almost eveything I'm gonna need.

It's out of a 2004 Pontiac GTO with a T56, front sump, etc

Guest zOmBiEsTyLe

Why LQ, wouldn't the weight of the cast iron block be more of a setback? unless your planning on running 40+psi of boost and make 900+hp. The LS is more than capable of handling 600+ reliably and doesnt weigh in much more than a 2JZ. are you boosting it or keeping N/A?

iron blocks are only 80lbs over aluminum blocks on the genIV's. if you're boosting, the weight is overcome immediately. they're also easy to find cheap, and LS2 heads/intake are a bolt on affair.

mmmmm 106mm twins...........

I'm keeping it n/a, atleast for now, next year probably heads, cam, etc. This year just a tune, exhaust, intake etc. And mines a LS not LQ.

So it was my day off yesterday and picked up the new wheels XXR522's cheap and correct sizes. No wheel sponsor this year so went with these.

IMG409.jpg

Picked up 10 from my local tire shop sponsor Wheels Plus.

IMG410.jpg

Also go some work done on the LS1

IMG407.jpg

Got it out of the crate and then stripped it down to test fit

IMG408.jpg

IMG413.jpg

IMG414.jpg

Oilpan clears fine from the front sub frame and sway bar and steering rack

IMG416.jpg

IMG422.jpg

Transmission fits pretty tight

IMG419.jpg

So we cut out the transmission tunnel, and going to fab up a new tunnel for it.

IMG423.jpg

Nice. LS fits damn near like a glove.

I think you'll like the XXR's and all the weight they'll add to the rotating mass of your car haha. But in all seriousness, despite the weight they are fucking tough shit. Beat mine for nearly two years, never skipped a beat. I'd actually like to see this car in person this year hah.

Guest Mitto

Didn't see any car related stuff in those pic's.

Just the two naked chicks on your windscreen.......

OT cant believe how well that engine fits in. Hanging out to hear the first start up

the chevy small block isn't big.

i would expect completely different cars to handle differently.

Bought some universal mounting plates for motor mounts then my room mate Rob made some new lower mounts,

IMG436.jpg

IMG448.jpg

IMG449.jpg

Now this weekend we will finish off the mounts and connect the two parts

IMG450.jpg

Picked up a Painless wiring harness for my car,

IMG451.jpg

Pulled out almost all of the factory wiring from the interior and the engine bay, of course saving all of the plugs for everything to use with the painless.

IMG452.jpg

Then starter to figure out what all the facotry steering collum switches did and where the pin outs went to. I was lucky that I had a spare steering collum from my old chaser to figure out all of the wiring inside the house, rather than from inside the car haha. makes it a bit easier and now I have everything pinned out to keep my wipers, washer, signals, high and low beams working 100% with the painless kit.

IMG453.jpg