shawley

Out with the old Chaser, in with the new Chaser build

Well I cleaned my garage up, and brought the new chaser on over

IMG281.jpg

Started to tear into the interior, getting ready for the new cage

IMG283.jpg

IMG284.jpg

This was the start of filling my truck, it ended up completly full once the interior was completly gone and the engine was started to get ready to take out

IMG285.jpg

Took the front end off, and got the motor ready to be pulled

IMG282.jpg

Now the rad and a/c are all out, all fluids are drained from the motor/trans and now just waiting on another day off to take the motor out

IMG286.jpg

It's my roommates car, it's an Ex BF Goodrich drift car from DMCC East Coast, that ended up out west and my roommate bought it as a shell, put a new cage, then ordered a LS1 for it and is building it for road racing.

It's funny there are probably about as many JZX90's in Canada as GTO's, they are just as rare

Haha yes awesome!! Dude remember when yours, Mats, and my cars were just like reg daily drivers! Back in the day lol

Guest Skitzo

Then you guys got good at skidding, and had to ruin your cars with sponsor vinyls n shit.

And Clarion Canada is awesome!!!!! haha

Well been working tons selling ppl Christmas gifts and shit, and remote car starters so havn`t had much time to work on the car, but I did get a bunch of the sound deadner out the other night, and it`s going in for the cage just after Christmas

IMG289.jpg

Wow worked so many days straight finally had a good solid day off to work on the car,

Got the motor pulled out!

IMG301.jpg

IMG302.jpg

IMG303.jpg

Pulled the old subframe, and the open diff and stock rear suspension out

IMG305.jpg

Installed the rear subframe from my blue car, 2way diff, serialnine sub frame bushings, weld diff bushings, and coilovers!

IMG307.jpg

Hogg is already doing the V12! And yes I sold the entire set up R154 and all, had a guy offer me 2grand for just the transmission itself! But sold all together for my asking price.

lol V12 = too much money

Anyways got the front suspension swapped over from the blue car, my JZX110 tension rods, modified knuckles, new upper control arms, coilovers, and supra front brakes swapped in.

IMG332.jpg

IMG329.jpg

Then I rerouted my factory wire harness out from the inner fender to above ontop of the strut tower on both sides

IMG330.jpg

IMG331.jpg

Sat it down on the ground again and now it's ready for the cage

IMG333.jpg

Picked up the car from getting the roll cage

IMG357.jpg

IMG353.jpg

He used thicker pipe than my old cage, but did it very close to what the old cage was

IMG360.jpg

IMG359.jpg

IMG358.jpg

Then after picking it up I took it and washed the engine bay up getting ready for the new motor

IMG354.jpg

Also I ordered a LS1 from a 2004 GTO with a T56 on Friday, should be here in about a week and a half to two weeks, tomorrow I`ll hopefully paint the roll cage and interior as long as the weather stays good.