shawley

Out with the old Chaser, in with the new Chaser build

Well as you would of seen in my other thread my Blue 1992 Toyota Chaser got wrecked in Calgary in September with a crash against a GTO

5d24b986.jpg

Bought a new Chaser (non turbo auto 1993 X90) for a steal of a deal

c02f4cc2.jpg

Started to rip apart the blue one and pull the motor

6118f9d2.jpg

The Fcon wiring was very interesting once I got into it

IMG072.jpg

IMG073-1.jpg

Pulled the motor last Thursday as I`ve been too beat up to work on it till now

IMG088.jpg

IMG092.jpg

IMG093.jpg

Then yesterday I pulled the doors off, trunk lid, interior, seats etc, and all wiring from the sides and rear of the car

chasernodoors.jpg

Next on the list, get dash wiring out, clutch pedal, e-brake, then move on to suspension components etc.

I`ll keep you updated

I was thinking about it, but probably not anymore, gonna build a new cage for the next car. Would anyone on here wanna buy it?

The strut towers have moved alot, and the ammount of $$$ frame shops are I picked up the new car for way way less

Yea, that is a good idea... I know mine was off just one inch and it was hell to try and pull it back. Toyota sheetmetal is thick and hard to move, unlike nissan lol. Can't just hook it to a tree and pull. I tried that. Chain to the frame rail / tree going to the hitch on my truck, car would just jump about a foot in the air and nothing happened.

Guest Gaijin Smash Wayhoff

Seems like an odd cage design with the main hoop so far back. Looks nice though, too bad about the car.

Yea I'm a big guy, gotta sit way far back!

Anyways, just got back from Sema what a gong show!!! Ended in a cab with Gushi and D-Mac at one point on the first night(Good meeting ya Ken if ya read this, can't wait to see the x100!!), o and I also resigned Clarion for 2012 so thats awesome!!!!!

If you've been to Vegas you know about these lol Left them on my friends screen door on the way home from the airport!

IMG233.jpg

Anyways I'm back now

Pulled the front suspension off on both sides

IMG235.jpg

IMG236.jpg

Now time to start cutting! I think I cried a little inside

IMG237.jpg

IMG239.jpg

IMG240.jpg

Maybe I should cut the roof off my new car?? Looks pretty bad ass!! Cut out the B pillars and saved for possible repairs to the new car

IMG241.jpg

Hahaha yea I was thinking of pulling a Sevco! He still has that car eh! We had beers with him in Phoenix last Friday when we got a shitty flight delay and layed over in AZ for 14 hours on the way back from Vegas. Matt saved us from spending the night at the airport!!!

Guest Mitto

You know your winning when you've got a chip foose cutout and an engine bbq!!

Spent a week in vegas back in 08' those fucking stripper cards were EVERYWHERE!!

Liking the progress man! Hows the recovery going?

Why not cut the roof off?? My friends were bored and we had a sawzall. Also I'm taking the cage out and will be selling it, already have a couple people lined up. And if they don't buy it I'll be using the metal for something else.

Hahaha yea I work at a stereo shop, so we have the cutout, someone took the cardboard cut out to the strippers before haha

As for the recovery, I'm almost back to normal except for my arm still hurts a day after doing any work on the car.

Took the gas tank out, had near a full tank when I crashed so got some gas for my truck! haha

IMG246.jpg

And then stripped the firewall, kept the pedals, booster, throttle cable etc, tossed out the abs junk, that shit is heavy! Then we cut the front frame/struts off at the firewall.

IMG245.jpg

Hahaha, It's one that goes to pretty well every car audio shop in Canada, that I know of. Probably will be in a Pasmag add next year, and hopefully some more features/exposure on the car too.

Anyways, I got to some more cutting this weekend on the old shell

IMG258.jpg

IMG256.jpg

Just need to cut the base out of the cage, so I can save it to sell, then get someone to pick up the scrap metal

So we found this awesome beer thats $10.99 for a 12 pack in Canada, keep in mind a 24 pack of Bud is like $50 up here, anyways we got work done fast.

IMG263.jpg

Cage in the truck(buddies duramax)

IMG264.jpg

Cut Cut Cut

IMG262.jpg

This is the new beer!

IMG266.jpg

IMG268.jpg

Bye Bye,

IMG269.jpg

And whats left haha

IMG270.jpg