Sign in to follow this  
Jiro

ECU internal relay

Hey guys. I've been helping a friend get his 2J Cress ready to fire up and am running into a similar problem I had years ago with mine. With mine after many tests we figured out that the MREL wire from my ECU was not turning on, which should as soon as IGSW gets 12v and the ECU sends power through MREL to signal the EFI relay to turn on. My ECU was getting power from IGSW when it should, so I simply bypassed mine with a manual switch. On this other Cressida, all is well until you turn the ignition switch off, and the EFI relay, COR, ECU and maybe more, still have power. Two, so far I've checked, have lower voltage like the IGSW and MREL wire at the ECU, are at around 8v once the ignition is switched from on to off. It's not the ignition switch or EFI relay. I'm pretty sure it's this "relay" in the ECU between IGSW and MREL, and I can make it work without it but since this is the second time I've come across this kind of problem I thought I'd see if anyone else has ran across this before. Thanks!

Where are you checking the voltage? at the ECU?

1. Your wiring is fucked.

2. You have a dead battery.

Bad cap

That's what I'm thinking.

Wiring is good, it was done by the pro.

Battery is good too.

Yes it is Rob's, and it will run, but I don't think it will shut off the way it should because of this issue.

dude just wire igsw directly to mrel and be done with it. Yeah the ecu might be a little knackered but whatevs.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing to make it work. From what I understand the ECU was in control of MREL power in the first place for safety measures that are no longer working with this swap anyway. Let him get used to the motor and his badass suspension and then go single turbo and AEM in the future.