Sign in to follow this  
x8ofdeath

x81jz flooding and hydro locking

so after happening once i figured id seek come advice. was driving along car running fine when out of no where it starts smoking misfiring and running poor, pulled over and turned car off than tried to restart and was locked, so i flushed out oll the gas from the cylinders and replaced the injectors and the car ran fine, this was about a month ago can ran fine till last saturday when i left the key in the aux position to charge my phone went to start and was hydrolocked again when i pulled the plugs and found the injectors just dumping fuel. i replaced the injectors again 3rd set in 2 months. i also found a capacitor fried in the ecu, replaced it with a mt 1jz ecu, but noe the car will runn very rough with the fuel pump plugged in, but with it disconnected will run normal? im lost and confused any one have any similar issues?

Guest DuaxMachine

Are you sure it's a 1JZ ?

Maybe someone sold you a 7M.......

Because 1JZs never have problems, right ?

did you change the fuel filter during any of this? ive seen instances where an injector got stuck open with crud that either got past or broke off from an old fuel filter and flood a cylinder... is it one cylinder in particular or all of them?

Guest DuaxMachine

I just couldn't pass up a jab in the ribs of a 1J owner :)

Hope you haven't bent any rods.

There is a guy over on supraforums who did, by hydro locking one cylinder.

ther car is no longer flooding but it was all six just dumping fuel, the gauge on my aeromotive fpr was reading 40psi. i did how ever find out that for some reason the 1jz manual ecu i tested is tripping out the bee r rev limiter. i also checked the fuel filter and it is clean, pulled the fuel rail and cleaned it out. and compression checked motor and all is fine.

Switch to x90/z30 or 2jz ecu.

had a problem with a car doing this (dude powder coated intake manifold) car came in. flooding to shit.. unplug injectors and the would start and run. flooded to shit. threw good grounds to manifold. done.

Definitely sounds like a wiring issue, most likely a ground issue as mentioned above. 99 percent of the time that somebody has a 'bad ecu', theres another wiring gremlin causing the caps to blow. Double check your grounds, then unhook your bee-r to isolate the issue to the bee-r.