Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dirty

Question: What other seats fit in MX83's?

Guest Dirty

I was just wondering, is there any other stock seats out of another car that fits the cressida perfectly? I know im asking this question on behalf

of alot of other x8 owners.

(Edit: NOT racing seats...)

Guest DuaxMachine

Any that you want, as long as you have enough epoxy, zip-ties, and wood blocks to make fit.

(not including bench seats, of course)

Answer:

Not one..........(that are 'perfect' fit)

(you really are not up on how the automotive world turns, are you)

They are not Lego cars.

Save up pennies from your paper route, buy some seat bases (for the X8), and aftermarket seats of your choice.

Even then, you most likely will have to do some adapting.

People like Bride, not only sell X8 seat bases, but also sell adaptor plates to go to other aftermarket seats on their bases.

My first set of seats were Momo on Bride bases (I made the adaptor plates).

My newest seats are Recaro, with Bride adaptor plates.

XM has a el-cheapo non-adjustabe seat base made from steel strap.

But they cost almost as much as a set of used Bride bases, like I have for sale.

jzx81 or gx81 seat rails from japan would bolt in if you're really looking for bolt in.

Guest Dirty

If you read my intro, Ive prepped cars for $10,000+ paint jobs and make 5k a month, its really not much of a paper route.

...I want stock seats, not racing seats....Im trying to sell one of my x8's and no one will want it looking like it was raced.

I understand I might need to make some custom brackets, but I was looking for a faster way out.

My goal is to make my car look stock and to the common eye look mint, I cant have aftermarket parts, and if i do I want to hide them as well as possible.

Thanks for the tips Ill go look around some more. (not having much luck)

Guest Lofty

x8 seats fit in a fucking x8.

Why the fuck does everyone go about bringing money and horsepower and think it gives them any more experience in our eyes?

Nobody gives a shit what you fucking make. If you want ANY other seats in your x8 than an x8, you'll have to mod them. So every fucking seat will work with some modding.

No shit's gonna magically bolt in to our piece of fucking shit 500$ cars.

Fuck.

Guest Dirty

If you werent partially illiterate you would have read him say "your paper route job"...I simply responded to that. Clearly your going through your menstral cycle, so i'll give you some breathing room. x8 seats are uncommon, so i was hoping for a easier alternative, I hear mk3 supra seats can be pretty easily fab'd to fit.

Guest DuaxMachine

Sorry I presumed that you were low-bucking your way into some seat better than the X8 seats, that is what it sounded like.

And no, I try not to read too many intros, as I find it depressing.

I can give you a phone number to the guy who cut my old X8 up, he may have kept the seats, they were nice.

But like I say, shipping will cost you a lot, besides what ever he wants for the seats.

Your better off searching local yards.

But really, who buys an X8 any more, that isn't a tuner-car type ?

Your probably better off leaving aftermarket seats in it.

Guest Dirty

Nah man, I'm not some little teenager scraping to get fuckin underglow lol. I literally just want to VIP out my daily cressida and leave the racing seats for the track slut once im done with its suspension. but I like your thinking, as long as it has tasteful upgrades people wont mind, but a unbuilt cressida with racing seats and stock bench would look pretty gay IMO.

Ill go to Pull-A-Part and check the graveyard right now, i might find a jackpot.

I'll probably go with a set of leather Bride's.

probably really not that hard to make most seats work with a little fabbing. personally i don't like racing seats unless you are racing, i'm over 200lbs so it's not that comfy. i like oem seats that have a decent bolster.

find somethingand show us how it goes.

Guest Dirty

Thats what I'm saying...I want a girl to be able to hop in the passenger seat, and not have to strap in hardcore. I'll let you know what I find.

also when pulling the cressida seats i know our canadian ones have the seatbelt buckle attached to the seat, so you'll want to score some bolt in belt clips from soome other toyota like a corolla that will work with the seatbelt.

Go to Ryujikaji's build thread, I think he used MK3 supra seats in his burgandy X8 back in like 2007.

Page 1 of his build thread, start at post# 16 for the info you seek.

DSC01910.jpg

DSC01926.jpg

DSC01934.jpg

Guest Dirty

@Bill I'll keep that in mind, when taking it out. Is the motor to the auto seatbelt under the seat as well?

@BudgetVIP Damn that is the cleanest interior, I'm doing this, cloth is so much better. Thanks for being specific. HUGE HELP.oh and is that the one hes selling on craigslist?

I just put an X8 Mark II seat in my X7 with a hammer and a pry bar. I'm sure you could put an X7 seat in an X8 with a little force. Otherwise you're gonna have to use your head.

I saw an Australian with is300 seats

an australian with is300 seats? wtf?

dirty, we didn't get the auto seatbelts in canada, no idea. pillars are different so you can't switch belts that easy either, it's been tried.

In an x8 haha and looked super legit. I absolutely love my suede IS seats and would love them more in my Cressida. And no the auto seatbelt motor is behind the panel on the pillars and goes under the door sill plate. Fuck you, Toyota of Canada.

And op, stock seats ain't VIP. Get you some boss new gen shit out a Beamer or something and stop being a Jew mr. 5k/month.

i want to find some fucking taurus red seats from an e30 or an older 6 series. i dont give a fuck, i will make them fit.

I want those old recaro seats that came Porsches

Brian put Kouki X7 Seats in his X8. I'll take pics tomorrow if I remember. They're plush compared to the stock X8 seats which are stiff in comparison.

Sign in to follow this