Sign in to follow this  
oreofreak

manual ect button?

does it do anything different when you press it? i've seen it in brochures but i can't read the japanese that explains its role.

no it is still automatic. I haven't even tried yet. I wonder why the usdm car didn't have that button in it.

no it is still automatic. I haven't even tried yet. I wonder why the usdm car didn't have that button in it.

my usdm cressida had that button...couldn't tell you what it did, i think mine was busted. when i pushed it nothing noticeable happened except the ect light turned on in the cluster. my uncle's 90's camry wagon had that same button, never saw him use it though.

I tried it today it seem to make the car a little sluggish. I wonder if it is for manual shifting gears.

In my markIV supra the manual but you are talking about allows you to shift withh the auto box from 1 up. It will feel sluggish in D as it wants you to be in the correct gear for the speed and rpm range. If you press it on while the car is on and turn the car off it resets itself, so it always needs to be activated when the car is on.

my usdm cressida had that button...couldn't tell you what it did, i think mine was busted. when i pushed it nothing noticeable happened except the ect light turned on in the cluster. my uncle's 90's camry wagon had that same button, never saw him use it though.

no, you are thinking of the "ECT PWR" button. That just simply allows the car to shift at higher rpms. He is talking about the "ECT MANUAL" button, which does something different.

no, you are thinking of the "ECT PWR" button. That just simply allows the car to shift at higher rpms. He is talking about the "ECT MANUAL" button, which does something different.

oh, i see...my bad