Bumpers  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What material?

• Fiber
    • Poly
    • rue's diamond-grade foreskin

What's going to be the estimated price tag on this?

Guest Jspec603

What's going to be the estimated price tag on this?

I second this. I'd personally like to at least an approx cost before committing to anything.

Also, what about an option for fenders? If a bumper is an easy product to remake, a fender must be cake walk?

I was thinking this too for fenders and maybe hood. If somebody has already did a clean mk2 conversion and copied those fenders and hood, that would be great. I have lights and grille but it seems the sheetmetal is harder to come by.

If you're gonna talk fenders, the real shit would be to copy a x83/81 hybrid to run mk2 lights on Cressida fender.

But fuck that shit, in for price on glass front.

Alright, who wants to donate their hybrid seemless fenders and hood for a copy?

**Crickets**

Thought so.

Like I said, fuck that shit.

Where's the fucking price of the bumper? Asking people to commit without a price is like asking a chick to marry you before seeing what the mother looks like

WTF do you want to see the fucking mother for if your fucking the chick? Who the hell offers a price if you don't know how many people actually are willing to buy it? See how many people want the damn thing and are actually going to buy it, then calculate the cost to make these things with the quantity and give a price. Then if you like the fucking price you can flash the cash, if not then back the fuck off you pussy faced mother fuckers.

So, lets weed out all the day dreamers who wish to have a bumper and wish to have a jz and wish to have a Cresssida and wish to have a drivers license from the people that want to spend some cash on revising the looks of their car and then brian will figure out the cost of this shit.

10 committed dudes with 50% deposit down to cover molds will get this going.

Front: $240.00

Rear: $240.00

Front + Rear

1. Mo

2. Stews'7

3. Demesio

4. DuaxMachine - maybe depending on supplier

Front

1. RoyRogers

2. bwcress

3. Kyle

Rear

1. Skyline13

2. EVIL

Anyone else? If you guys got friends on TC that aren't on here that want these or if any of you unregistered guys are looking at this, sucks for you. You gotta be a registered active member to be a part of this. The more, the cheaper.

Guest DuaxMachine

To follow up on the Harwood thing.....

I called them.

They don't offer that service any longer, as they are big people now.

im deff down... whats gonna be the deal on the signals? you could wire up the marker lights as the turn signals but it would be nice to atleast have a source for the oe parts or a close substitute either way im in

Unless it's like 150 per bumper I'll just import real ones from japan with the proper rebar.

No pay just yet. As for importing MkII Sedan bumpers which i highly doubt will be an easy task if you dont got someone in japan who can even tell the difference between the 4 x8s, i'll take a front JDM bumper with full reinforcement and turn signals if it's infact the bumper for the mark ii sedan CRESSIDA face for under $300. Can you make it happen?

I can do that myself, but it would be more expensive for you, shipping from Japan and Vancouver. I'd really like to have poly/oem over frp.

everyone would, but the problem is getting them. if we can find a solid and reliable source for the correct oem bumper to the states, we'd be all over it.

Problem is, let's say there's 15 gx81 bumpers on yahoo...1 of the MIGHT be a mark II sedan bumper, they vary in condition, price and distance from my guy in japan. And everything would have to be shipped to Vancouver and then from Vancouver across the us. $300-$350-$400 CAD bumper w/rebar/signals becomes....who knows

i'll try to get these copies as cheap as i can. if it comes down to just selling at cost, so be it. having less ugly cressidas on the road serves us all for the better.

now thats cheap. $120 down a piece is nothing...

Then add the other 120, then shipping, and it ends up being more than nothing.

I'd really like this bumPer, but if it ends up being in the 350 to the door range I'm out